Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mark Reynolds jersey voucher
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I asked him was information about the Diamondback Express. The website still listed last season's schedule. He pointed me in the right direction.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to D Hall about how much my brother in law enjoyed Chase. You can look at Sundays game thread for his experience. He replied with a thank you.
I have pm'd D Hall maybe four times and only one of those were negative. I like to send positive feed back especially in times like these. They do an awful lot right and it is over shadowed by our losing team. Sometimes people need to know that. Sunday I met the nicest usher ever. Guy went way out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. People should hear that.
I will be at the game 8/7/10 and I cant wait. I have seats right behind the pool.

I also sent a pm a time back about this.

http://www.damonrunyon.org/yankeestadium

I think that is a great idea only tarnished by the fact that it is the yankees. A 5k race through Chase in August would be fantastic.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8/7/10

That is actually Snakepitfest. Why it hasn't been talked about here, I don't know. I will be there, though.
Warhorse
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
dirtygary wrote:

I guess somebody got too big for the board... Crying or Very sad

Little no a lot HARSH dont you think. Ive ripped D Hall as much as the next guy but he has been more accessible than anyone else Ive ever seen in Pro Sports.

Dude has been pretty busy putting out fires everywhere and a few people get upset when he doesnt have time to answer your email or PM. Really?

D Hall might not do everything right but Ive never seen a guy, kiss so many fans behinds. EVER.

End of my rant.

I agree with your sentiments 100% Shadow. I had one exchange with DH via PM, and he initiated it. I wouldn't feel right approaching him for much if anything. His availability is simply amazing, and it's really a shame for the team to be going the way it is. And it's also a shame that anyone would use that to try to get something for nothing via this connection here, but I'm sure it happens frequently.

Man, I like the way you two guys think. I've not busted D Hall's balls this year because he canned JB and JB's mini me. Best move of the year to me. Very Happy

To paraphrase what you guys are saying, 'feel grateful for the time he spends one-on-one with you as a fan but the man has a job to do.' And looking at this team he has a lot of work ahead of him.

[Edit] If one wants to whine about the disaster that is the 2009-2010 Diamondbacks, I think those complaints should be directed to JB -- who can probably be reached through ValueArb. Laughing Where is that guy these days?
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
dirtygary wrote:

I guess somebody got too big for the board... Crying or Very sad

Little no a lot HARSH dont you think. Ive ripped D Hall as much as the next guy but he has been more accessible than anyone else Ive ever seen in Pro Sports.

Dude has been pretty busy putting out fires everywhere and a few people get upset when he doesnt have time to answer your email or PM. Really?

D Hall might not do everything right but Ive never seen a guy, kiss so many fans behinds. EVER.

End of my rant.

I agree with your sentiments 100% Shadow. I had one exchange with DH via PM, and he initiated it. I wouldn't feel right approaching him for much if anything. His availability is simply amazing, and it's really a shame for the team to be going the way it is. And it's also a shame that anyone would use that to try to get something for nothing via this connection here, but I'm sure it happens frequently.

I wasn't trying to "get something for nothing via this connection" - and 3 pm's over 3+ years isn't excessive.

Regarding the fan accessibility that DH gained such a reputation for, anybody with an email address is "accessible". DH got his rep cuz he replied.

Aside from that, I agree that my statement came through as being unintentionally and excessively harsh at the end. It wasn't meant as a shot, hence the sad face, but it's true - the CEO is too big for this, or any other, fan board. Spend that time uncovering new revenue streams. Let others with less responsibility take over that role.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, dg. I didn't mean to imply that you were the one doing that. I don't know what you ever PMed DHall about, but I'm confident that my assumption that there are plenty that are doing it.

I think you're trying to split hairs by defining accessable as anyone with an email address. Your're right that DHall got his reputation from responding, but that's exactly what makes him accessable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: