Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2011 MLB Draft...Because It's Never Too Early
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
How close is Rendon to the bigs?

At minimum, as close as Posey was coming out of the draft.
More likely, assuming recovery, about where Ryan Zimmerman was at (up for good by September)

I was mentioning it more as something to think about, but I highly doubt he gets past 1-2. Granted, if we fire-sale, that spot might be a reality.

Any way you slice it, the top 5 (if not top 10) guys will all be blue-chip prospects.
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheriffWannaBe wrote:
Jdub wrote:
How close is Rendon to the bigs?

At minimum, as close as Posey was coming out of the draft.
More likely, assuming recovery, about where Ryan Zimmerman was at (up for good by September)

I was mentioning it more as something to think about, but I highly doubt he gets past 1-2. Granted, if we fire-sale, that spot might be a reality.

Any way you slice it, the top 5 (if not top 10) guys will all be blue-chip prospects.

If that's the case, just sell off Reynolds. It'll help us tank it, and we get a good return in a spot that will be occupied in the near future.
Get some pitching. Aim for 2012.

Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SheriffWannaBe"]
Jdub wrote:

This is the key i think to this years draft in terms of the Dbacks. If we are in of those 5 spots there is an extremely good chance we'd get to select an elite talent that on other years could have gone first overall.
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you experts think of these two guys?

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/cape-cod-prospect-update/
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
What do you experts think of these two guys?

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/cape-cod-prospect-update/

Jack Armstrong is considered by everybody to have top 10 stuff right now but i think his main problem is inconsistency. His fastball is top notch, he's got two above average off speed pitches and a developing change but his inconsistency and poor location is a serious problem. Still id predict him to go top 15 at the moment. In terms of the the Dbacks he might come into consideration for their pick near the top of the draft if he brings his stuff together and has an excellent spring. His problems are compounded in this years draft by the great depth of top class college pitchers with Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke, Sonny Gray, Trevor Bauer all rated higher then him so in all likelihood a top 15 pick is more realistic for a resurgent Armstrong.

I only saw a bit of footage of Anthony Meo when i was looking to see something of our 5th round pick this year Cody Wheeler who also pitched for Coastal Carolina. That article is pretty spot on with Meo with Meo in that all his of reputation relies on his fastball with no meaningful secondary pitch in his arsenal. Likely a reliever.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: