Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hinch and Byrnes Fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
AOL has JB and AJ maybe becoming consultants with the Padres. Rolling Eyes

LOL if Towers comes here.

As I bbmed to nj db fan, Incest Smile
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
qudjy1 wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:

LOL if Towers comes here.

As I bbmed to nj db fan, Incest Smile

lol then and lol now.... Laughing
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...interesting thread.

Seems like anytime a shitty owner gets upset with his losing team's record managers and GMs become easy targets. Fielding bullpens that blow 3-5 run leads in a hurry in 3 of the past 6 seasons shows an owners lack of commitment to resources. A failure to fund the talent neccessary to remain competitive. Blaming the manager or GM takes the focus off the owner's shortcomings. Welcome aboard VA.

For the record, JB was always sitting in the middle of the 1st or 2nd row behind the plate at games with his radar gun in hand. That's where I always saw him when I went to games at Chase. He watched the games the way all the ML scouts did, except JB stayed for the whole game. He'd be flanked by 1 or 2 of his staff. At a weekend game, he'd move back 5 or 6 rows and sit with his wife and kids for half the game.

Seriously, what GM or manager is going to win constantly with this organization? You have an owner that spends more time finding excuses than he does opening up his checkbook. In this day and age the only way low budget teams become competitive is to field shitty teams long enough to load up enough high draft picks and then maybe get lucky enough to hang onto enough talent down the road to make a run for a couple years before going back into the tank as it feeds its talent to the league's spenders. Billionaires can afford to blow more money on a hobby like owning a major sports franchise than millionaires. That's life folks.
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorfo57 wrote:

Seems like anytime a shitty owner gets upset with his losing team's record managers and GMs become easy targets. Fielding bullpens that blow 3-5 run leads in a hurry in 3 of the past 6 seasons shows an owners lack of commitment to resources. A failure to fund the talent neccessary to remain competitive. Blaming the manager or GM takes the focus off the owner's shortcomings. Welcome aboard VA.

For the record, JB was always sitting in the middle of the 1st or 2nd row behind the plate at games with his radar gun in hand. That's where I always saw him when I went to games at Chase. He watched the games the way all the ML scouts did, except JB stayed for the whole game. He'd be flanked by 1 or 2 of his staff. At a weekend game, he'd move back 5 or 6 rows and sit with his wife and kids for half the game.

Seriously, what GM or manager is going to win constantly with this organization? You have an owner that spends more time finding excuses than he does opening up his checkbook. In this day and age the only way low budget teams become competitive is to field shitty teams long enough to load up enough high draft picks and then maybe get lucky enough to hang onto enough talent down the road to make a run for a couple years before going back into the tank as it feeds its talent to the league's spenders. Billionaires can afford to blow more money on a hobby like owning a major sports franchise than millionaires. That's life folks.

This is a good post.

Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Warhorse
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:

That would be GREAT! A connoisseur of broken toys and us with a surplus.
jdeverehill
AA Prospect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
Gorfo57 wrote:

This is a good post.

Agreed... but it makes me wonder...

Should a GM be at every game with radar gun in hand, or should he rely more on his scouts and be spending more time evaluating his sytem and that of others? It seems he would have the most knowledge of the 25 guys on the active roster relatively. I don't even know the answer to this question myself, but I'd like to know what others think.
sb24ws2005
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdeverehill wrote:
Jdub wrote:
Gorfo57 wrote:

This is a good post.

Agreed... but it makes me wonder...

Should a GM be at every game with radar gun in hand, or should he rely more on his scouts and be spending more time evaluating his sytem and that of others? It seems he would have the most knowledge of the 25 guys on the active roster relatively. I don't even know the answer to this question myself, but I'd like to know what others think.

According to Keith Law, who was a guest on Doug & Wolf this morning, he said the word around baseball is JB did not run his baseball operations department very well. He mentioned that there were questions as to who was making decisions and what process was used to make those decisions. Law went on to say that the concerns with JB and his communication methods will follow him if his name is brought up for other GM jobs. I am sure KTAR's website has a link to the conversation. Pretty interesting stuff.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb24ws2005 wrote:

According to Keith Law, who was a guest on Doug & Wolf this morning, he said the word around baseball is JB did not run his baseball operations department very well. He mentioned that there were questions as to who was making decisions and what process was used to make those decisions. Law went on to say that the concerns with JB and his communication methods will follow him if his name is brought up for other GM jobs. I am sure KTAR's website has a link to the conversation. Pretty interesting stuff.

I can tell you one thing: nobody asked me shit.
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Sunday Boston Globe.

Josh Byrnes has received ď15 job offers,íí according to a close friend, since he was fired in Arizona;
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dipoto's first move:

Fangraphs wrote:
That is not a good haul; itís not even a decent haul. Itís downright bad. Itís the sort of return youíd more expect if the person getting traded was a liability due to his contract, not an asset. The Diamondbacks just acted as if they have no understanding of Harenís .350 BABIP or that their home park is prone to serving up home runs. The Diamondbacks just acted like Dan Haren was Scott Kazmir. Heís not and whoever eventually takes over as the full time GM in Arizona will rue this day as one that set back the organization significantly.

levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtygary wrote:
Dipoto's first move:

Fangraphs wrote:
That is not a good haul; itís not even a decent haul. Itís downright bad. Itís the sort of return youíd more expect if the person getting traded was a liability due to his contract, not an asset.

Bingo.

Dbacks are broke. They'd have given up Haren to the Yankees for even less if the Yankees would've taken the salaries of Qualls and Snyder.

It's that bad. And sad.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: