Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hinch and Byrnes Fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Posts: 7171

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Congrats to Joel. Very nice guy. Played a round of Golf with him a few years ago. Hits the ball VERY far. Shocked

Nice to see he made it back to the show as a coach. I'm sure he'll do well.


Was he the hitting coach for that Tucson team that won the PCL?


Bundy was


Thats right. Whatever happened to Bundy. His name used to get mentioned for big league jobs?
_________________
I'm no longer a sellout!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
misterx
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 8523
Location: do you really care

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
misterx wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Congrats to Joel. Very nice guy. Played a round of Golf with him a few years ago. Hits the ball VERY far. Shocked

Nice to see he made it back to the show as a coach. I'm sure he'll do well.


Was he the hitting coach for that Tucson team that won the PCL?


Bundy was


Thats right. Whatever happened to Bundy. His name used to get mentioned for big league jobs?


Lorenzo Bundy rejoins the Dodger organization as manager of the Rookie-level Arizona League Dodgers http://dodgers.scout.com/2/931264.html
_________________


Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jimbo4net
Play by Play Man


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 55360

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources: Byrnes-Hall rift in running Diamondbacks helped get GM fired
Quote:
The case for firing Josh Byrnes as Diamondbacks general manager was made by ownership Friday morning, with everything from simple wins and losses, shoddy relief work and a barren farm system cited as reasons.

But those close to the situation insist the deteriorating relationship between Byrnes and Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall had more to do with Byrnes' dismissal than either Hall or Managing General Partner Ken Kendrick let on during Friday's news conference.

The relationship between the two highest-ranking executives in the organization had never been especially strong, but it appears it was not a problem until Byrnes began reporting to Hall following the departure of CEO Jeff Moorad to San Diego, where Moorad became the principal owner.

"It became a personality clash that was irreparable," one source said. "I think it just came down to Kendrick having to pick a side, and he did."

Hall said Friday that he and Byrnes had "stylistic differences" but said the relationship "wasn't the biggest factor" in Byrnes' firing.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/2010/07/03/20100703diamondbacks-hall-byrnes-rift-role-in-firing.html#ixzz0sfRyI1M2

_________________
Keep those trades coming DiPoto...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
shoewizard
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 16313
Location: In front of my computer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any comment or quotes from Josh ?

I saw some from AJ, but can't seem to remember anything from JB yet. If I missed, can someone please link me up.
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen any comments from Josh, shoe.

Joe Christensen / Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune tonight wrote:
Former Padres GM Kevin Towers could be Arizona's choice to replace Byrnes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Posts: 7171

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not seen anything from JB but did read in one of my out of town newspapers that he might do some TV work. I guessing that would be in Boston but I dont think it said where.

Let me see if I can find it in my stack somewhere.
_________________
I'm no longer a sellout!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jdub
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 May 2009
Posts: 3582
Location: Mesa, AZ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Haven't seen any comments from Josh, shoe.

Joe Christensen / Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune tonight wrote:
Former Padres GM Kevin Towers could be Arizona's choice to replace Byrnes.


I really hope so.
As much as I want to see these supposed great executives become GM's (White, Ng, etc.) we just don't know what we're going to get.
And I absolutely LOVE his bullpen building skills.
_________________


Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Posts: 7171

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Globe.

Byrnes is definitely a guy who could resurface — even in Boston as an assistant again — but he has five years remaining on his eight-year contract and also has an ownership stake in the team. Byrnes doesn’t have to do much of anything if he doesn’t want to, and could even land a television gig at some point.

Also from the Globe.

“I get the feeling the major shots will be called above Jerry,’’ said a DiPoto ally. “If Jerry gets a chance, he’ll do some interesting things, but we’ll see whether he’ll have some reins on him.’’
_________________
I'm no longer a sellout!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 964
Location: Tempe, AZ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
From the Globe.

Byrnes is definitely a guy who could resurface — even in Boston as an assistant again — but he has five years remaining on his eight-year contract and also has an ownership stake in the team. Byrnes doesn’t have to do much of anything if he doesn’t want to, and could even land a television gig at some point.

Also from the Globe.

“I get the feeling the major shots will be called above Jerry,’’ said a DiPoto ally. “If Jerry gets a chance, he’ll do some interesting things, but we’ll see whether he’ll have some reins on him.’’


I don't like the sound of that.
_________________
\m/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ryan
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2623
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
From the Globe.

Byrnes is definitely a guy who could resurface — even in Boston as an assistant again — but he has five years remaining on his eight-year contract and also has an ownership stake in the team. Byrnes doesn’t have to do much of anything if he doesn’t want to, and could even land a television gig at some point.

Also from the Globe.

“I get the feeling the major shots will be called above Jerry,’’ said a DiPoto ally. “If Jerry gets a chance, he’ll do some interesting things, but we’ll see whether he’ll have some reins on him.’’


I don't like the sound of that.


The "reins" part or the "interesting things" part?
_________________
Die-hard D-Backs fan in enemy territory
--
Purge the suck in 2010.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 964
Location: Tempe, AZ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
From the Globe.

Byrnes is definitely a guy who could resurface — even in Boston as an assistant again — but he has five years remaining on his eight-year contract and also has an ownership stake in the team. Byrnes doesn’t have to do much of anything if he doesn’t want to, and could even land a television gig at some point.

Also from the Globe.

“I get the feeling the major shots will be called above Jerry,’’ said a DiPoto ally. “If Jerry gets a chance, he’ll do some interesting things, but we’ll see whether he’ll have some reins on him.’’


I don't like the sound of that.


The "reins" part or the "interesting things" part?

I guess I wasn't clear on that. The reigns, my friend. This organization hasn't shown the ability to use 'reigns' appropriately, so it makes me worry that they would meddle too damn much.
_________________
\m/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 8062
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Byrnes, Eric aka Flipper, for more information on this.
_________________
Thank you, God, for Gibby.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dbacks08
MLB Rookie


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 102

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan White, please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbacks_Nation
Veteran Presence


Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 2473
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with Jerry Dipoto? Just curious.
_________________
Fire Mel Stottlemyre Jr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
baldmaga
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Louisiana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbacks_Nation wrote:
What's wrong with Jerry Dipoto? Just curious.


baldmaga wrote:
He's got a tiny little head...


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
matt
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 7391

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The excuse of a barren farm system is bullshit, plain and simple. If it a real reason than Dipoto would have been gone with Byrnes. They have worked closely since Boston and Dipoto was the head of scouting under Byrnes. He had major input in the drafting decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt has been fired up!!!! Shocked Laughing

wish some of the players were as fired up as you!
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warhorse
Veteran Presence


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 1796
Location: In a van down by the river

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
The excuse of a barren farm system is bullshit, plain and simple. If it a real reason than Dipoto would have been gone with Byrnes. They have worked closely since Boston and Dipoto was the head of scouting under Byrnes. He had major input in the drafting decisions.


So guilty by association? While Byrnes and Dipoto have had a working relationship, it doesn't mean one is a clone of the other.

From New Age to Old School in Arizona

Quote:
DiPoto, for his part, cast himself more as a purist than as a sabermetrician, calling himself a baseball historian first and foremost. “I’m a pretty simple guy,” he said. “I will never claim to be the equal of Josh Byrnes intellectually.”

He added, “I am anything but trying to reinvent the baseball wheel.”


One significant point to me is that Jerry DiPoto was named the Diamondbacks’ interim general manager. He wasn't named the new GM and immediately given a 3-year contract. That leads me to believe at some point during the off-season and interview process will be conducted.
_________________
Clear out your desk and take your organizational advocacy with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jdub
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 May 2009
Posts: 3582
Location: Mesa, AZ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:
Quote:
DiPoto, for his part, cast himself more as a purist than as a sabermetrician, calling himself a baseball historian first and foremost. “I’m a pretty simple guy,” he said. “I will never claim to be the equal of Josh Byrnes intellectually.”

He added, “I am anything but trying to reinvent the baseball wheel.”


When I heard this, it kinda scared me. Lack of focus on stats turns teams into the Royals.
_________________


Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
Warhorse wrote:
Quote:
DiPoto, for his part, cast himself more as a purist than as a sabermetrician, calling himself a baseball historian first and foremost. “I’m a pretty simple guy,” he said. “I will never claim to be the equal of Josh Byrnes intellectually.”

He added, “I am anything but trying to reinvent the baseball wheel.”


When I heard this, it kinda scared me. Lack of focus on stats turns teams into the Royals.


What did they ever do before sabermetrics came along??!
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
trKOR
Veteran Presence


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 1330
Location: CT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc Hulet of fangraphs praises our developing prospects from the '09 draft.

Quote:
There has been a lot of controversy in Arizona recently and, while I don’t necessarily agree with the direction of the big-league club, the organization boasts an exciting minor league system. The strength of the system actually comes as a result of an impressive 2009 draft haul – perhaps the best in recent memory in terms of overall depth. Let’s check in with some of the members of the ’09 class:


Link
_________________
Epic Fail
"Shoulda gotten the live chicken..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baldmaga
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Louisiana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trKOR wrote:
Marc Hulet of fangraphs praises our developing prospects from the '09 draft.

Quote:
There has been a lot of controversy in Arizona recently and, while I don’t necessarily agree with the direction of the big-league club, the organization boasts an exciting minor league system. The strength of the system actually comes as a result of an impressive 2009 draft haul – perhaps the best in recent memory in terms of overall depth. Let’s check in with some of the members of the ’09 class:


Link


JB had nothing to do with that draft..

JB didn't do anything it was Tom Allison..

JB is under the guise of his pen name Marc Hulet!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jdub
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 May 2009
Posts: 3582
Location: Mesa, AZ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
What did they ever do before sabermetrics came along??!


They thought Andre Dawson was Hall of Fame caliber.
_________________


Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 7391

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:
matt wrote:
The excuse of a barren farm system is bullshit, plain and simple. If it a real reason than Dipoto would have been gone with Byrnes. They have worked closely since Boston and Dipoto was the head of scouting under Byrnes. He had major input in the drafting decisions.


So guilty by association? While Byrnes and Dipoto have had a working relationship, it doesn't mean one is a clone of the other.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 5271
Location: Sonoran desert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Jdub wrote:
Warhorse wrote:
Quote:
DiPoto, for his part, cast himself more as a purist than as a sabermetrician, calling himself a baseball historian first and foremost. “I’m a pretty simple guy,” he said. “I will never claim to be the equal of Josh Byrnes intellectually.”

He added, “I am anything but trying to reinvent the baseball wheel.”


When I heard this, it kinda scared me. Lack of focus on stats turns teams into the Royals.


What did they ever do before sabermetrics came along??!


Played ball.
_________________
I have become comfortably numb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group