Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
qudjy1
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 12060

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
Don't worry. They'll sign Edgar Renteria next year and call it good.


Laughing
Smile
Neutral
Confused
Mad
Evil or Very Mad
_________________
Throw fucking strikes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
Don't worry. They'll sign Edgar Renteria next year and call it good.


Or re-sign Tom Gordon and tell fans they've brought back Tony Womack to man short. Your average John Q Fan can't tell the difference anyhow...
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warhorse
Veteran Presence


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 1796
Location: In a van down by the river

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
Don't worry. They'll sign Edgar Renteria next year and call it good.


For the bullpen? That's more or less the apporach Byrnes took with the bullpen this off season.
_________________
Clear out your desk and take your organizational advocacy with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:
Oden wrote:
Don't worry. They'll sign Edgar Renteria next year and call it good.


For the bullpen? That's more or less the apporach Byrnes took with the bullpen this off season.


Nah, Elmer Dessens is the answer there...
The glue that will hold the pen together...
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Warhorse wrote:
Oden wrote:
Don't worry. They'll sign Edgar Renteria next year and call it good.


For the bullpen? That's more or less the apporach Byrnes took with the bullpen this off season.


Nah, Elmer Dessens is the answer there...
The glue that will hold the pen together...


Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sometimes, you're funny.
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
I would probably just keep Drew at this point. He isnt going to return much, and we dont have anyone outside of Abreu to replace him at SS.


looking at TA3, i would keep SD6

imagine a full year with TA3 at short? i bet he would have more E than BB
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbacks watcher
Journeyman


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 327

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you see why the Dodgers traded him. His defense has always been a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warhorse
Veteran Presence


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 1796
Location: In a van down by the river

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbacks watcher wrote:
Now you see why the Dodgers traded him. His defense has always been a problem.


Defense? What's that?

It's all about OPS in the world of the majority of sabermetricians here.
_________________
Clear out your desk and take your organizational advocacy with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoewizard
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 16313
Location: In front of my computer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
qudjy1 wrote:
I would probably just keep Drew at this point. He isnt going to return much, and we dont have anyone outside of Abreu to replace him at SS.


looking at TA3, i would keep SD6

imagine a full year with TA3 at short? i bet he would have more E than BB


Career walks 13
Career errors 14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 6829
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:

Nah, Elmer Dessens is the answer there...
The glue that will hold the pen together...


There IS some logic there... a brotherhood of suckage Wink
_________________
"the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
qudjy1 wrote:
I would probably just keep Drew at this point. He isnt going to return much, and we dont have anyone outside of Abreu to replace him at SS.


looking at TA3, i would keep SD6

imagine a full year with TA3 at short? i bet he would have more E than BB


Career walks 13
Career errors 14


wow and i was semi joking...
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
qudjy1 wrote:
I would probably just keep Drew at this point. He isnt going to return much, and we dont have anyone outside of Abreu to replace him at SS.


looking at TA3, i would keep SD6

imagine a full year with TA3 at short? i bet he would have more E than BB


Career walks 13
Career errors 14


wow and i was semi joking...


Ah, it's funny because it's true.


He ain't called Euthanasio Abreu for no reason...
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David B
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3466
Location: Portland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abreu is not a shortstop. He's a second baseman. It's the only position he can even remotely handle defensively and to think he can play shortstop or be a utility guy is just plain foolish.
_________________
The greatest feeling in the world is to win a major league game. The second-greatest feeling is to lose a major league game. ~Chuck Tanner, quoted in The Sporting News, 15 July 1985
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
Abreu is not a shortstop. He's a second baseman. It's the only position he can even remotely handle defensively and to think he can play shortstop or be a utility guy is just plain foolish.


Meh. What you call "foolish", Dbacks owners call "brilliant".
And who owns a team? Huh? Huh? I rest my case.
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warhorse
Veteran Presence


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 1796
Location: In a van down by the river

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
David B wrote:
Abreu is not a shortstop. He's a second baseman. It's the only position he can even remotely handle defensively and to think he can play shortstop or be a utility guy is just plain foolish.


Meh. What you call "foolish", Dbacks owners call "brilliant".
And who owns a team? Huh? Huh? I rest my case.


Acquiring Abreu was Josh Byrnes idea. Let's not go all ValueArb and lay this at Kendrick's feet.
_________________
Clear out your desk and take your organizational advocacy with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:
levski wrote:
David B wrote:
Abreu is not a shortstop. He's a second baseman. It's the only position he can even remotely handle defensively and to think he can play shortstop or be a utility guy is just plain foolish.


Meh. What you call "foolish", Dbacks owners call "brilliant".
And who owns a team? Huh? Huh? I rest my case.


Acquiring Abreu was Josh Byrnes idea. Let's not go all ValueArb and lay this at Kendrick's feet.


I'm referring to the upcoming dump of Stephen Drew so Abreu can play SS
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warhorse
Veteran Presence


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 1796
Location: In a van down by the river

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Warhorse wrote:
levski wrote:
David B wrote:
Abreu is not a shortstop. He's a second baseman. It's the only position he can even remotely handle defensively and to think he can play shortstop or be a utility guy is just plain foolish.


Meh. What you call "foolish", Dbacks owners call "brilliant".
And who owns a team? Huh? Huh? I rest my case.


Acquiring Abreu was Josh Byrnes idea. Let's not go all ValueArb and lay this at Kendrick's feet.


I'm referring to the upcoming dump of Stephen Drew so Abreu can play SS


OK, sorry I misunderstood. We don't have anyone with a glove and a little bit of a bat in in minors? If not, we may as well play Augie at SS.
_________________
Clear out your desk and take your organizational advocacy with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:
levski wrote:
Warhorse wrote:
levski wrote:
David B wrote:
Abreu is not a shortstop. He's a second baseman. It's the only position he can even remotely handle defensively and to think he can play shortstop or be a utility guy is just plain foolish.


Meh. What you call "foolish", Dbacks owners call "brilliant".
And who owns a team? Huh? Huh? I rest my case.


Acquiring Abreu was Josh Byrnes idea. Let's not go all ValueArb and lay this at Kendrick's feet.


I'm referring to the upcoming dump of Stephen Drew so Abreu can play SS


OK, sorry I misunderstood. We don't have anyone with a glove and a little bit of a bat in in minors? If not, we may as well play Augie at SS.



Unfortunately Josh stupidly traded a no-hit, all-glove shortstop to the Royals for Rosa, otherwise he'd be strutting his stuff at SS right now

Alternatively, I'm sure Rey Ordonez will listen if Kendrick and Hall called...
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oden
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 3622
Location: Gilbert, AZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be Pedro Ciriaco in Reno. He'll definitely field the position and he definitely won't hit up here.
_________________
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group