Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention Reply with quote

According to the Phoenix Business Journal. More news promised later this morning...
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all star game and now this!

good things in AZ
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
YBC-Dog
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
good things in AZ

Spoken like someone who lives in New Jersey talking about Arizona! (just kidding).

This state is circling the drain as we speak and no ASG and GOP Convention is going to fix the problems we have....nor is the state Govt apparently.

I am in the process of deciding if this is the place that I want to raise my kids and the cons far outweigh the pros.

I have lived here most of my life and consider it "where I'm from" even though I was born in the midwest, but I want my kids to get an adequate education and I want to know that he state government is trying to get out of this mess, and I just don't see either happening right now.

Sorry for going off on a tangent. I realize that was not the point of this thread.

Yay for two weeks of tourists coming here and all the shitty tourism jobs they will bring. It should really be a boon for me and my tech skills.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YBC-Dog wrote:
Quote:
good things in AZ

Spoken like someone who lives in New Jersey talking about Arizona! (just kidding).

This state is circling the drain as we speak and no ASG and GOP Convention is going to fix the problems we have....nor is the state Govt apparently.

I am in the process of deciding if this is the place that I want to raise my kids and the cons far outweigh the pros.

I have lived here most of my life and consider it "where I'm from" even though I was born in the midwest, but I want my kids to get an adequate education and I want to know that he state government is trying to get out of this mess, and I just don't see either happening right now.

Sorry for going off on a tangent. I realize that was not the point of this thread.

Yay for two weeks of tourists coming here and all the shitty tourism jobs they will bring. It should really be a boon for me and my tech skills.

im sorry to upset you..... Wink

good luck with the move

matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, I can't wait to be able to protest! Twisted Evil

/not really
Hank
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:

/not really

Sadly, Matt, instead of letting you scream to your heart's content in front of the convention center where you could get your message across, their will undoubtedly be some "protest zone" two miles away from the venue where designated protests must occur. Said zone will most likely be behind barbed wire, be ridiculously small, and basically out of sight of anybody whom you would care to bring your message to. It wouldn't be any different if the Democrats were coming, either.

Even though I probably don't agree with much of anything you would have to say in your protest, I think they should pretty much let it rip right out front so people know you're there!
Hank
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
According to the Phoenix Business Journal. More news promised later this morning...

That is like torture to the little old ladies who go to conventions. Can you imagine how hot and nasty it will be in August 2012 here? As hot and nasty as it is every August, I suspect.
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention Reply with quote

Hank wrote:
TAP wrote:

That is like torture to the little old ladies who go to conventions. Can you imagine how hot and nasty it will be in August 2012 here? As hot and nasty as it is every August, I suspect.

Didn't think of that. Yes, this is a red state and all but there should never be a convention here between May and October.
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Hank wrote:
TAP wrote:

Didn't think of that. Yes, this is a red state and all but there should never be a convention here between May and October.

It'll be in Tampa

Why bring the Republican circus to such a red zone like Az or Utah... when the purple of Florida beckons in better weather and not far from Disney World?
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
It'll be in Tampa... Florida beckons in better weather

Tampa, Florida in August:
- Average daytime high of 90 degrees

- Average relative humidity of 90%
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:

good things in AZ

I assume you're being sarcastic ...

Laughing
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank wrote:
matt wrote:

/not really

Sadly, Matt, instead of letting you scream to your heart's content in front of the convention center where you could get your message across, their will undoubtedly be some "protest zone" two miles away from the venue where designated protests must occur.

Tucson.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:

good things in AZ

I assume you're being sarcastic ...

Laughing

you would know best!

http://forum.diamondbacksbullpen.org/viewtopic.php?p=337133&highlight=#337133

THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Hank wrote:
matt wrote:

/not really

Sadly, Matt, instead of letting you scream to your heart's content in front of the convention center where you could get your message across, their will undoubtedly be some "protest zone" two miles away from the venue where designated protests must occur.

Tucson.

Only us Edward Abbey anarchist's down here in Tucson Wink
deweyniner
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
levski wrote:

Tucson.

Only us Edward Abbey anarchist's down here in Tucson Wink

Laughing

Our city council can't even count to 3 using both hands and both feet.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Hank wrote:
TAP wrote:

Water Cannons!!
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012 so a few months before the world ends

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:

Who told you the world was ending in 2012?
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:

You must be predicting a Palin victory Razz
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
misterx wrote:

You must be predicting a Palin victory Razz

Sarapocalypse Now
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
misterx wrote:

Darren Daulton http://deadspin.com/155506/darren-daulton-has-gone-plum-damn-crazy

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Phoenix a finalist for the 2012 Republican Convention Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
matt wrote:
Hank wrote:
TAP wrote:

It'll be in Tampa

Why bring the Republican circus to such a red zone like Az or Utah... when the purple of Florida beckons in better weather and not far from Disney World?

Strategically, I think they are best off picking a purple state like Florida.
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
Jdub wrote:
misterx wrote:

Darren Daulton http://deadspin.com/155506/darren-daulton-has-gone-plum-damn-crazy
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe hosting Republican National Convention ... cool
MLB allstar game ... righteous

But this is the pièce de résistance!
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is Phoenix will see an explosion of gay bars before the convention

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/04/roy-ashburn-arrested-anti_n_485419.html

Quote:
Early Wednesday morning, State Sen. Roy Ashburn (R-Calif.) was pulled over and arrested for drunk driving. Sources report that Ashburn -- a fierce opponent of gay rights -- was driving drunk after leaving a gay nightclub; when the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, there was an unidentified man in the passenger seat of the car.

Ashburn has issued an apology for the incident:

And then there is this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/gop-lawmaker-demands-reca_b_488526.html

Quote:
SACRAMENTO (The Borowitz Report) - Anti-gay California State Sen. Roy Ashburn today demanded a sweeping recall of the vehicle that drove him to a gay nightclub this week.

Sen. Ashburn, a Republican who has consistently voted for anti-gay legislation, said that the car drove him to the club "against my will."

"If we are recalling cars for problems with their brakes and power steering, then surely we should be recalling vehicles that force their drivers to go to gay nightclubs," Sen. Ashburn said.

The state senator said not only did the car drive him to the gay nightclub, but it forced him to enter the club and party there for hours, resulting in his later arrest for DUI.

"I can't tell you what a menace this car is," he said. "It really is the gayest car I've ever seen."

In addition to calling for a recall of the gay car, Sen. Ashburn said he would sponsor legislation mandating that all California vehicles be fitted not only with GPS but gaydar.

In other news, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin offered this appraisal of her standup comedy performance on The Tonight Show: "I was like, I'm not going to quit my day job, but then I remembered I already did."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: