Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official Offseason Dbacks Speculations Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Official Offseason Dbacks Speculations Thread Reply with quote

So I know this may be an overkill, but I thought I'd start a clean thread on all the offseason speculation that involves the Dbacks, in terms of trades and free agent moves. We've got the "roster & payroll" thread, and "where are they now" thread, but those aren't "catch all" enough for my taste...

And, to kick it off, Nick seems to be in Chicago, ready to report from the GM meetings...

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/NickPiecoro/67083
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/11/09/free-agent-compensation-rankings-released/

MLB Free-Agent Compensation 'Elias Rankings' Released

Doug Davis is a type B free agent.
No love for Chad Tracy & Pretty White?
Clearly we have East Coast Bias at play here!
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Gilbert: Snyder debunks notion of rehab setback

Quote:
Snyder's health became a topic recently when the D-backs and Jays apparently were closing in on a deal that would have sent him to Toronto in exchange for first baseman Lyle Overbay, before talks stalled.

Snyder said he met with Blue Jays doctors in Dunedin, Fla., over the weekend. He's not sure if the Jays did not think he was far enough along in his rehab or not, but what he does know is that his doctors have told him he is right on schedule.

"From Day 1 out of surgery, the plan was: 'We have four months, we don't need to rush anything, we have nothing but time,'" Snyder said. "The reason I am where I am is because we are going at this conservatively. We decided that was the best course."

azentropy
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Offseason Dbacks Speculations Thread Reply with quote

levski wrote:
So I know this may be an overkill, but I thought I'd start a clean thread on all the offseason speculation that involves the Dbacks, in terms of trades and free agent moves. We've got the "roster & payroll" thread, and "where are they now" thread, but those aren't "catch all" enough for my taste...

Dang it, now I have to created a "Do we have too many speculation threads poll"!!! Laughing
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Steve Gilbert: Snyder debunks notion of rehab setback

Quote:
Snyder's health became a topic recently when the D-backs and Jays apparently were closing in on a deal that would have sent him to Toronto in exchange for first baseman Lyle Overbay, before talks stalled.

Snyder said he met with Blue Jays doctors in Dunedin, Fla., over the weekend. He's not sure if the Jays did not think he was far enough along in his rehab or not, but what he does know is that his doctors have told him he is right on schedule.

"From Day 1 out of surgery, the plan was: 'We have four months, we don't need to rush anything, we have nothing but time,'" Snyder said. "The reason I am where I am is because we are going at this conservatively. We decided that was the best course."

some people might have to dust off the old overbay jerseys!
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, NJ, you'll need something to wear now that you've burned your DeAngelo Hall jersey
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should have two "tenet" in your sig, levski...

'The Great Sower holds in his hand all works; all works the Great Sower holds in his hand.'

Quote:
The square has reportedly been used in folk magic for various purposes, including putting out fires, removing jinxes and fevers, to protect cattle from witchcraft and against fatigue when traveling.

Flipper doesn't stand a chance. Smile
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. O. N. D. wrote:

Quote:
The square has reportedly been used in folk magic for various purposes, including putting out fires, removing jinxes and fevers, to protect cattle from witchcraft and against fatigue when traveling.

Flipper doesn't stand a chance. Smile

The problem in Flipper's case is that these two powers of the Sator Square have been canceling each other out...
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Well, NJ, you'll need something to wear now that you've burned your DeAngelo Hall jersey

hall...rogers....smoot....samuels...portis...moss....cooley....campbell

the list can go on and on and on Smile Sad Confused Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

BUT REMEMBER WE ARE CARDS GUYS NOW! Very Happy

B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's we? Confused Twisted Evil
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. O. N. D. wrote:
Who's we? Confused Twisted Evil

lev and me

from the cards thread

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
levski wrote:
So after the MNF fiasco last night, I texted NJ DB Fan and told him he needs to jump on the AZ Cardinals bandwagon. He texted me back and said he'd jump on it if I did.

So here, to save his soul from the eternal torture of being a 'Skins fan (and even worse, a fan of a team owned by a boob), I'm officially jumping on the Cardinals bandwagon.

Now of course NJ DB Fan needs to keep his word and join me on it. Have you got the guts, NJ DB Fan? Can you keep your word? Are you ready to forsake the Fore'Skins?

Laughing

I WITH LEV AND I AM ON WITH THE CARDS!!!!!

still love the skins, but i need to take some time off for the sake of my family, health and overall quality of life!

NFC WEST is ours!!!! the schedule is favorable and a 2nd seed in the NFC is not out of the question!!!!

levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP has taken away my Cards bandwagon... eh... card... Embarassed
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing the DBACKS-Jefffy-Padres-Moores deal is a mess and MLB is having problems cleaning it up.

The only two names Ive heard for Free agents so far are Pedro and Padilla.

Here's hoping that gunshot wound is all healed up Laughing

Ive always like his stuff though even if he is a little crazy Laughing
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
Padilla.

I thought the Dbacks clubhouse was "Assholes Free Zone"?
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff Corcoran / SI.com today wrote:
Arizona Diamondbacks

TARGETS: RP Kiko Calero, RP Chan Ho Park, RP Bobby Howry, RP Scott Eyre, RP Joe Beimel, SP Jason Marquis, SP Joel Pineiro, SP Randy Wolf, SP Brad Penny.

BREAKDOWN: The Diamondbacks aren't as bad as they looked in 2009. In fact, four of our dozen experts (myself included) picked them to win their division this year. That was before Brandon Webb and Connor Jackson had their seasons wiped out by shoulder surgery and valley fever, respectively, and Chris Young and Stephen Drew continued to disappoint. Still, this remains a talented young team that should get Webb and Jackson back in spring training and has more prospects on the way. Assuming he's back up to speed, Webb partners with Dan Haren to form what might be the best starting pitching duo on any team in the game, and Max Scherzer is already a solid number three after a strong sophomore season. The offense, built around budding superstar Justin Upton and the unique production of Mark Reynolds, was roughly league-average this year and is likely to only get better as minor league reinforcements arrive, the youngsters gain major league experience and exposure, and Jackson returns. The real problem is the bullpen, which was the fourth-worst in baseball last year according to Baseball Prospectus's win-expectancy-based WXRL. Look for the D-backs to focus on pitching this offseason, shoring up the bottom two spots in the rotation and reinforcing their bullpen, and don't be surprised if they surge back into contention in 2010.
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:
Padilla.

I thought the Dbacks clubhouse was "Assholes Free Zone"?

Where were you for the "Flipper Years" Laughing

Hey TAP you can cross Mr. Wolf off those "Cliff" notes. Type A no way the DBACKS go for that. Wink
Dre
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GOD NO

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/NickPiecoro/67185

Nick Piecoro wrote:
Anyway, the only thing we can give you at this point in the day is a fifth-starter possibility: familiar face Livan Hernandez.

We’ve heard the Diamondbacks are considering bringing him back, most likely more for his role in the clubhouse and how he can help young players than for his potential performance.
wedge
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just threw up in my mouth a little...

(Eric Byrnes' Motivational Hair™ comes with seventeen free instances of Eric Byrnes Inspirationally Falling Down While Throwing The Ball©® (patent pending).)
pete25
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre wrote:
OH GOD NO

Nick Piecoro wrote:
Anyway, the only thing we can give you at this point in the day is a fifth-starter possibility: familiar face Livan Hernandez.

We’ve heard the Diamondbacks are considering bringing him back, most likely more for his role in the clubhouse and how he can help young players than for his potential performance.

It seems that this team doesn't learn from errors from the past, what's next? Tony Clark back with the team to be the 1st baseman and to bring his veteran presence to the young kids...Let's bring Russ Ortiz now that we're going backwards anyone else??
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wedge wrote:
I just threw up in my mouth a little...

x2 Mad
TAP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld.com this afternoon wrote:
Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that the Mets have interest in Diamondbacks' catcher Chris Snyder.

Sherman notes that the Mets tried to dangle second baseman Luis Castillo in a swap of undesirable contracts, but the Diamondbacks were not receptive to the offer. Still, the Mets remain interested in the 28-year-old catcher. Snyder batted .200/.333/.352 in 2009, but is just one season removed from slugging 16 home runs. He is currently rehabbing from back surgery. The Mets would like to add a more potent option behind the plate if they are unable to land Matt Holliday or Jason Bay. According to Sherman, the Mets are also considering Bengie Molina.
TAP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre wrote:
OH GOD NO

Nick Piecoro wrote:

Rotoworld.com this afternoon wrote:
According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks have interest in signing Livan Hernandez.

Because seeing him get knocked around in Chase Field would be fun? Hernandez was 9-12 with a 5.44 ERA and 1.56 WHIP in 31 starts between the Mets and Nationals in 2009, but was a member of the Diamondbacks from 2006-07. Piecoro notes that Hernandez would be brought in more for his potential role in the clubhouse than his performance on the field.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sherman blurb

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/hardball/mets_on_fence_about_bay_holliday

Quote:
They tried to interest Arizona in a swap of Castillo for Snyder, but that initial foray proved unsuccessful. But the Mets do remain interested in Snyder, who hit just .200 last year and ultimately needed back surgery. But the early indicators are that he will be ready for spring training. He hit 16 homers the year before. Snyder is owed $4.75 million next year, $5.75 million in 2011 and a $6.75 million option in 2012 with a $750,000 buyout.

Castillo? ORLY?
Tucson DBacks Fan
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livan walked too many batters for my taste, and he couldn't throw the ball hard enough for my taste either. I don't care that he is an innings eater, and I don't even care if he could help the team. I don't want him back because he frustrates me and makes me bored. Twisted Evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: