Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AFL Outing: November 18th

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ SnakePit
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: AFL Outing: November 18th Reply with quote

As a result of the DBBP/SnakePit outing the park, I've been sent a bunch of tix for the AFL game at Scottsdale Stadium on November 18th, first pitch 6:35pm. If anyone wants to go, send me a PM with your address and how many tix you'd like, and I'll drop them in the post. Be nice to catch one last game before the long darkness of winter sets in...
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snakepit outing today was a very good game, though the Dbacks players went a combined 0-9. Perfect weather for baseball.

Allen played solid defense at 1B, so far since he has been here I have not seen him being a clunker over there at 1B. I yelled out after one of his Ks, "Nice strikeout!" and all hell broke loose Laughing

Ciriaco made two Lopez-esque running gaffes. One was on a routine groundout to the 2B (with 2 out), he jogged down the line assuming the force at 2B as the ball was hit a few feet away from the bag. Later on, he rounded 3B, stopped momentarily and then bolted for home and got thrown out trying to score. He would have been safe no question had he not hesitated for a split second.

There were lots of laughs including a "Curt Schilling sighting" and a few meows mixed in. Laughing Buster Posey continues to be the benchwarmer, he cant even get playing time in the AFL (he only came in to warm up the pitcher between innings and he had a lainated shirt on rather than a jersey). (im not going to elaborate here, go and read the snakepit article)

The final was Scottsdale 6, Peoria 0 and Peoria was held to 4 hits and commited 6 errors in the field.

Heres the link to the snakepit recap, complete with pics by mrssocco. I will post my pics...eventually.

http://www.azsnakepit.com/2009/10/31/1109343/fall-ing-down-halloween-at-the
DbacksSkins
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: AFL trip Reply with quote

I would just like to go ahead and give myself a pat on the back for making this possible. Cool
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Cool
DbacksSkins
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Thank you very much. Cool

Oh, you don't have to thank me. It's much more classier if I just toot my own horn. Cool
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were some pics I took at Snakepitfest-invades-the-afl rd 1. 10/31/09 I probably could have uploaded them sooner, but I just moved into a new apartment so my apologies.

Allen with Ciriaco in the background

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Action shot

Future home of the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians ST

AZ SnakePit
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pix! We will be outside the front gate of Scottsdale Stadium tonight at 6:15pm, handing out AFL tickets, if anyone else wants to join us.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: