Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Real Healthcare respects life.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less what PP's founder thought 100 years ago. They are a good organization that helps people in need.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
I could care less what PP's founder thought 100 years ago. They are a good organization that helps people in need.

Not really. How much have you worked with them?
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get it, they kill tiny babies. But they also spend much more time helping people prevent having to kill their tiny babies.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
We get it, they kill tiny babies. But they also spend much more time helping people prevent having to kill their tiny babies.

Have you worked with them or spent any time at the planned parenthood site? It is not a tough question to answer. I truly want to know.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
TAP, I believe I've made my point then.

How so?
You said I exaggerated and that I made a statement that me sound ridiculous. I gave you links that showed what Margaret Sanger was about. Margaret Sanger founded planned parenthood.
You then tie Jesus to Nazis and say you made your point? Please explain it to me. I dont mind debating about this stuff. I actually like debating this stuff but cmon man.
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope but I know the types of people involved. People don't become abortion doctors because they get off on killing babies, they do it because they are helping people in need.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:

It is important to know history. Hopefully we learn from it. You really should care about it.
DesertKnight
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smells like hypocrisy...

Quote:
RNC health insurance plan covers abortions

WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee's health insurance plan covers elective abortions for its employees, an option Republicans strongly oppose in health overhaul legislation that Democrats are trying to push through Congress.

Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele learned of the policy's abortion coverage Thursday through a news report and immediately instructed staff to inform the insurance carrier that the RNC wanted to opt out of elective abortion coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said.

"Money from our loyal donors should not be used for this purpose," Steele said in a statement. "I don't know why this policy existed in the past, but it will not exist under my administration. Consider this issue settled."

Gitcho said the policy has been in effect since 1991.

Link

Oh, right---they're just now learning about this, eighteen years later. Rolling Eyes
...for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. (xkcd #556)
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Health care bill is now being put forward with specific wording about abortion not being covered. This is a step in the right direction and I hope something can now be done. I have serious doubts about the government involvement in this but I can now listen to their proposals.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesertKnight wrote:
Smells like hypocrisy...

Quote:

WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee's health insurance plan covers elective abortions for its employees, an option Republicans strongly oppose in health overhaul legislation that Democrats are trying to push through Congress.

Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele learned of the policy's abortion coverage Thursday through a news report and immediately instructed staff to inform the insurance carrier that the RNC wanted to opt out of elective abortion coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said.

"Money from our loyal donors should not be used for this purpose," Steele said in a statement. "I don't know why this policy existed in the past, but it will not exist under my administration. Consider this issue settled."

Link

Oh, right---they're just now learning about this, eighteen years later. Rolling Eyes

More then smells like it. It is hypocrisy.
Driaz
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesertKnight wrote:
Quote:

Link

I'll see your hypocrisy and raise you irony...

Ain't it funny how the Democrats are advocating the government control health care and now are whining when the government is trying to restrict access to a "medical procedure" that they are all for? Sheesh, how is having an elective abortion any more medically necessary than Matts fake tits? If you allow abortions to be covered under the "public option", how can you restrict Matt from getting his fake tits paid for by the taxpayers that make lots more money than me?

I honestly don't have any response to whether or not the Republicans are hypocrits or not with their PRIVATE health care plan. (My personal opinion would be that yes Republicans, Democrats, and all politicians are extremely hypocritical, as is the rest of society....that's heavy cynicism best left to another day. Very Happy )

Do you know everything you are and aren't covered for by your insurance policy? I know I don't. I typically read through, and kind of focus on the issues that do or might would apply to me in the near future. The only time I'm concerned about something is when I'm having an issue. I honestly don't know what level of podiatry coverage I have. Maybe I should check it out because I have a couple not too good looking toenails. I also have no clue whether or not my insurance company covers me for an abortion. Gasp! I'm a hypocrit if my insurance company covers abortion since I'm against it except in very limited cases?

.........fine print disclosures.....I was intentionally being broad brushed in calling Democrats "for" government controlled healthcare since it's obvious that they control the House, Senate, and Presidency and they can't get all the Democrats in line to pass it. But, blame the Republicans works better... Wink
deweyniner
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Prosopis wrote:

Lots of folks dont realize that planned parenthood was a eugenics program.

Holy exaggeration, Batman. I understand you have a bone to grind, but statements like this make you sound truly ridiculous.

Then again, am guessing statements like these really sell, so I'm sure you're scoring big bucks off peddling them off left and right.

Maybe you'd like Justice Ginsburg's comments on the matter?

Quote:
Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NWNhNzBhMTg1MGJmMWU3ZmU2YzgyMmI1ZTI3ZTE3ZjM=

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/civil-religion/general/2009/07/justice-ginsburgs-nytimes-interview-does-she-stand-by-her-comments/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100002972/what-the-hell-did-ruth-bader-ginsburg-mean-when-she-linked-abortion-and-eugenics/
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we really need to bump this shit.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah :cracksknuckles:
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/laura-bush-supports-gay-marriage-abortion/story?id=10629213
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: