Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Real Healthcare respects life.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Real Healthcare respects life. Reply with quote

http://www.realhealthcarerespectslife.com/
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Real Healthcare respects life. Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
http://www.realhealthcarerespectslife.com/

Sarah Palin called. She wants her stupid shtick back.
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - this is trolling.
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. But, uh, "Anything Goes". Confused
DesertKnight
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Real healthcare" ignores the facts
"Real healthcare" spreads unfounded fear
"Real healthcare" promotes the radical agenda of right-wing extremists
"Real healthcare" is all about making sure insurance companies get rich, not providing "Real healthcare"

Rolling Eyes
...for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. (xkcd #556)
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
Yeah - this is trolling.

No, it is trying to stop the society of death. How any one can say trying to save a defenseless baby is trolling is beyond me. Evil always comes gift wrapped as something good. If evil cam saying it was evil no one would fall for it. I wish "create the good" did just that but it does not. My kids are going to be seeing this and maybe calling. Next thing you know they are working a phone bank at planned parenthood. I think I am going to call and see if I can get on that planned parenthood deal. I think that is a good idea.

This is in no way shape or form trolling.
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A form of trolling is posting material that the poster knows will get predictable responses (since the terrain is a given)
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"culture of death"
"society of death"

You've really got a hard-on about this, haven't you?

I imagine you also stage protests against the death penalty?
You organize rallies against the wars around the world?
You're first to drum up support for Darfur?

Or do you mostly want to kill women who want abortions?
And the doctors who perform them?
Isn't that the motto of your "society of life"?

Here's a good rule of thumb:
Nobody comes into your home telling your wife to have an abortion.
So don't #### go around telling other people not to have an abortion.

And this is not anger. This is basic #### human common sense.
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is absolutely no point in arguing abortion. Ever.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
"culture of death"
"society of death"

You've really got a hard-on about this, haven't you?

I imagine you also stage protests against the death penalty?
You organize rallies against the wars around the world?
You're first to drum up support for Darfur?

Or do you mostly want to kill women who want abortions?
And the doctors who perform them?
Isn't that the motto of your "society of life"?

Here's a good rule of thumb:
Nobody comes into your home telling your wife to have an abortion.
So don't #### go around telling other people not to have an abortion.

And this is not anger. This is basic #### human common sense.

1)Yes I do have a "hard-on" against killing babies.
2)Yes i am against the death penalty and I have gone to one protest for that.
3) I have never organized a rally but I have been against some wars around the world.
4) I dont know anything about Darfur but I would be willing to learn.
5) I would NEVER NEVER want to kill a women who has had an abortion. On the contrary I would do just the opposite and see that they get what ever they need. One of the little known facts about abortion is what it does to a woman mentally afterwards. It is very sad.
6) I would never kill a doctor or wish death on a doctor who performs an abortion.
7) Killing people is not a motto of mine.
8 ) Common sense would seem to indicate that killing babies is a bad thing to do. I dont know why that is so hard for you?

As far as people not telling my wife to have an abortion. I would have to disagree. We as a society do tell women to have an abortion. It is heavily promoted in China. It is not promoted in the same way here but it is promoted.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
A form of trolling is posting material that the poster knows will get predictable responses (since the terrain is a given)

Depends on the intent of the poster. I dont do this for shits and giggles. Believe me I would love to not have to defend the innocent.
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt your sincerity or intent but I'll never agree with you on this issue. I'd love not to have to defend a woman's right to control her own body and make her own medical decisions but the right won't let it go.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
I don't doubt your sincerity or intent but I'll never agree with you on this issue. I'd love not to have to defend a woman's right to control her own body and make her own medical decisions but the right won't let it go.

Its not her body she is deciding about. I would defend the right for Jillian to get a tattoo or a piercing. Hell if a woman wants to deform her body with amputation I believe it is her right. When it comes to abortion though she is deciding to kill another individual person. If you ever need help defending a womans right to control HER own body I will be standing right next to you. I may even hold a candle although I am not a fan of the candle thing.
You are correct I will never let it go but I am not part of the "right".
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't kill something that isn't born.
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread sucks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
David B
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baby: a cute, cuddly, tax deduction that, most importantly, can live and breathe independently outside of a mother's womb. A clump of cells in a woman's uterus...not so much.

And anyway, until Prosopis or any of us guys is able to have a potential life form dependent on our bodies for nine months, it really doesn't matter what we think.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We as a society do tell women to have an abortion. It is heavily promoted in China.

Maybe it's time you left China then?

In my experience, there's FAR too much pressure on women in this country to NOT have an abortion than there's pressure on women to have an abortion. Every religious nut out there is ready to jump on a woman for merely considering an abortion. The few people who support a woman's right to choose an abortion are hassled and vilified. What a woman does with her body is her own business, so unless that woman is a relative of yours, I really hope you keep your Bible thumping out of her life.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
This thread sucks.

x2
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Quote:
We as a society do tell women to have an abortion. It is heavily promoted in China.

In my experience, there's FAR too much pressure on women in this country to NOT have an abortion than there's pressure on women to have an abortion. Every religious nut out there is ready to jump on a woman for merely considering an abortion. The few people who support a woman's right to choose an abortion are hassled and vilified. What a woman does with her body is her own business, so unless that woman is a relative of yours, I really hope you keep your Bible thumping out of her life.

You could not be more wrong. I dont have time now but I will return to this to show you why. Have you dealt with this much?
You really think planned parenthood pressures women to not have an abortion?
Again it is not her body we are talking about.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
You can't kill something that isn't born.

ORLY?
I have photos that prove that wrong. Stay tuned. Wink
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by qudjy1 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planned Parenthood's New Smoke Screen
By Dr. Alveda King

If you want to quit smoking, do you look to cigarette manufacturers for advice? The answer’s obvious. But like some tobacco companies that actually provide their own guidance on how to stop smoking, Planned Parenthood is now offering advice on how to reduce abortions in the African American community.

Pardon my skepticism, but I find it hard to believe that the nation’s largest abortion provider wants to reduce its profit margins.

The abortion industry, Planned Parenthood in particular, has been stung recently by data and events that point toward racism in its very core. African American women are 4.8 times more likely to have abortions than white women. Even though blacks comprise only 13 percent of the population, we receive 37 percent of all abortions. Perhaps most revealing -- seven offices of Planned Parenthood were caught on tape this year as willing to accept donations for the sole purpose of aborting black babies.

In light of such news, what’s a business built on euphemisms, obfuscation, and outright lies to do?

Well, apparently the plan is to follow the lead of the tobacco industry. Like cigarette manufacturers who talked about everything and anything except their own internal memos, Planned Parenthood’s attempting to distract attention away from its practices.

That the abortion industry would look to big tobacco for guidance is appropriate. Abortion providers, like tobacco companies, survive economically by offering goods or services that cause deaths; the former, 1.2 million annually, the latter, 440,000. Both have had to stretch the bounds of public relations to try to counter one bad news story after another. And if anyone has used the term “choice” more than the abortion lobby, it’s the smoking lobby.

So, let’s just forget about the fact that abortion businesses locate the great majority of their clinics in minority neighborhoods. Let’s just listen as Planned Parenthood’s own research arm, the Alan Guttmacher Institute, passes down its wisdom from on high. What, according to Planned Parenthood, is the reason why an incredible number of abortions are performed on black women? It’s because African Americans don’t receive enough contraceptives and value-free sex education!

Of course. And, let’s see, just who would profit financially if more birth control pills and devices were distributed and sex education curricula adopted? Why, it would be Planned Parenthood.

Then, what would happen if more women, especially young women, received birth control that they mistakenly thought freed them from the possibility of pregnancy and if more adolescents were indoctrinated with Planned Parenthood-style sex education that encouraged promiscuity? Even more abortions.

And who would profit from more abortions? You guessed it.

Putting aside for a moment, though, the fact that Planned Parenthood proposes a solution that would enrich it financially, would more birth control given to African American women really mean fewer abortions of blacks?

Let’s look at New York City.

If there is any place in the United States where birth control is accessible, it’s New York City. Free contraceptives are available to anyone on Medicaid, including teenagers. Over 50 publicly funded programs offer free or low-cost birth control pills, condoms, and other contraceptive devices to New Yorkers at 218 sites, most of which are in the city itself. The New York Sun reported in December 2006 that the city was distributing 1.5 million free condoms a month.

The result of all this freely available birth control? It’s not fewer abortions.

While in the United States there are 24 abortions for every 100 live births, in New York City there are 72 abortions for every 100 live births. Though the number of abortions performed in the United States continues to drop, abortions in New York City continue to hover around 90,000 annually, with the number actually increasing from 2005 to 2006, the last year for which statistics are available. Blacks, who make up 24 percent of New York City’s population, still receive a disproportionate 45 percent of its abortions.

The truth remains that even if contraceptives were made available to absolutely everyone, abortion would still be common. According to the Guttmacher Institute’s own statistics, over half of all women who have abortions were using birth control when they got pregnant.

What might seem, then, as a suggestion by Planned Parenthood to solve the African American abortion crisis actually turns out to be nothing more than an attempt to further line its own coffers. And, oh yes, it’s a clever way to deflect attention away from what truly needs examination – the policies and practices of an industry that has wiped out one-quarter of the black population.

Dr. Alveda King is a Pastoral Associate of Priests for Life and the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
levski wrote:
Quote:

You could not be more wrong. I dont have time now but I will return to this to show you why. Have you dealt with this much?
You really think planned parenthood pressures women to not have an abortion?
Again it is not her body we are talking about.

Does gift certificates for abortions sound like pressure on women to not have an abortion?

Planned Parenthood’s Christmas Gift Certificates – Irredeemable Says Dr. Alveda King

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Jerry Horn

Date: December 1, 2008

Atlanta, GA – Dr. Alveda King, Pastoral Associate of Priests for Life and niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., today criticized Planned Parenthood of Indiana for selling Christmas gift certificates that can be used for goods or services, including abortions.

“The word inappropriate hardly describes Planned Parenthood’s scheme,” said Dr. King. “To give someone a gift card from the nation’s largest abortion business is to give death for Christmas. Planned Parenthood really should call these ‘King Herod certificates’ after the Roman ruler who slaughtered tiny babies in his vain attempt to kill the baby Jesus. Better yet, it should just leave Christmas, a celebration of birth, hope, and life, completely alone.”

“Planned Parenthood’s selling of Christmas gift certificates that can be redeemed for abortion is an irredeemable act,” added Dr. King. “No amount of spin can turn this promotion into anything other than an abomination. Congress gave Planned Parenthood $300 million last year and now a chapter of this group is defiling the celebration of our Savior’s birth. As one of America’s taxpayers, I want my money back.”
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys that are all about choice should not have a problem with people being able to see an abortion. Correct? It would help in the decision/choice process. Would you sign this petition?

A Petition to the American Media

On various television programs, the American people are able to view some of the most common forms of surgery. Moreover, on matters of national interest and controversy, it is in the interests of healthy public debate that the American people be given the information they need to form their opinions in a considered way.

Abortion is among the most common surgical procedures in the nation, and yet very few of the American people have ever seen what any aspect of it looks like.

In the interests of informing this important national debate, we petition that media outlets in America show the public how the abortion procedure is performed and what the results of that procedure look like. This information is available from neutral medical and scientific sources, can be presented without polemic or “taking sides” in the national debate, and furthermore can be portrayed in a way that respects the norms of public decency.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: