Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NFL 2009-2010 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 8062
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Quote:
I guess I should try caring about an NHL game? Rolling Eyes



Ok, you guys dont like hockey. Good for you.


Exactly. Smile
_________________
Thank you, God, for Gibby.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Fark.com.....

Peyton a Double Agent? Some Think So


Quote:
Whatever the case, both sides said Manning had the Saints' welfare more than that of the Colts dancing around his mind at the moment.

Consider the evidence for the conspiracists: Manning was born and raised in New Orleans. And his father, Archie, is legendary around the Gulf Coast region. And the Mannings (which includes New York Giants quarterback Eli) knew as well as anybody before the game how much a world championship in New Orleans would brighten the souls of those still recovering from Hurricane Katrina. And Wayne, who possibly ran a shoddy route against Porter, also is from New Orleans.


Quote:
"Peyton just looked at it as if he were being a better humanitarian if the Saints won the Super Bowl, especially given what the city of New Orleans had gone through. So he got a ring, and Eli got a ring (the year after Peyton in 2008), and in a sense, maybe Archie got a ring with the Saints winning this Super Bowl."


Laughing Rolling Eyes
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 8062
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought had crossed my mind... Mad Embarassed
_________________
Thank you, God, for Gibby.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you feel better (doubt it), I thought what Farve did was more of a choke job than Peyton.
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
From Fark.com.....

Peyton a Double Agent? Some Think So


Quote:
Whatever the case, both sides said Manning had the Saints' welfare more than that of the Colts dancing around his mind at the moment.

Consider the evidence for the conspiracists: Manning was born and raised in New Orleans. And his father, Archie, is legendary around the Gulf Coast region. And the Mannings (which includes New York Giants quarterback Eli) knew as well as anybody before the game how much a world championship in New Orleans would brighten the souls of those still recovering from Hurricane Katrina. And Wayne, who possibly ran a shoddy route against Porter, also is from New Orleans.


Quote:
"Peyton just looked at it as if he were being a better humanitarian if the Saints won the Super Bowl, especially given what the city of New Orleans had gone through. So he got a ring, and Eli got a ring (the year after Peyton in 2008), and in a sense, maybe Archie got a ring with the Saints winning this Super Bowl."


Laughing Rolling Eyes


i dont believe this for a hot second.....NO F'ING WAY

for many reasons i dont have time to list.... (and more than the quick few i told you justin)
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-cromartiepayment&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum wouldn’t comment directly Monday about reports the team is helping Antonio Cromartie(notes) with his paternity payments, but said they’re working with him to “give him his best chance to be successful.”

The NFL Network first reported Saturday that the Jets were advancing their newly acquired cornerback $500,000 to help clear up paternity issues.

The 25-year-old Cromartie has fathered seven children by six women in five states. He has a court date scheduled for later this month in California.


Shocked Laughing
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-cromartiepayment&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum wouldn’t comment directly Monday about reports the team is helping Antonio Cromartie(notes) with his paternity payments, but said they’re working with him to “give him his best chance to be successful.”

The NFL Network first reported Saturday that the Jets were advancing their newly acquired cornerback $500,000 to help clear up paternity issues.

The 25-year-old Cromartie has fathered seven children by six women in five states. He has a court date scheduled for later this month in California.


Shocked Laughing


how about taking some of that 500k and buy a rubber
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
levski wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-cromartiepayment&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum wouldn’t comment directly Monday about reports the team is helping Antonio Cromartie(notes) with his paternity payments, but said they’re working with him to “give him his best chance to be successful.”

The NFL Network first reported Saturday that the Jets were advancing their newly acquired cornerback $500,000 to help clear up paternity issues.

The 25-year-old Cromartie has fathered seven children by six women in five states. He has a court date scheduled for later this month in California.


Shocked Laughing


how about taking some of that 500k and buy a rubber


or just get a #### vasectomy

and here I thought evolution would eliminate stupidity...
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oden
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 3622
Location: Gilbert, AZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn Kemp says he's an amateur.
_________________
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Win.
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Redskins agreed to terms with RB Larry Johnson on a three-year contract with a max value of $12 million.

Just when you thought the Redskins would make it through the offseason without a head-scratching move. L.J., 30, managed just 3.2 yards per carry last year and has very little burst left entering his age-31 season. We're not ruling out the possibility of Johnson succeeding in Mike Shanahan's zone-blocking system (Reuben Droughns did it), but it isn't likely. He'll compete for carries with Clinton Portis, Anthony Alridge, and most likely a draft pick.


Ha ha!
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Quote:

Redskins agreed to terms with RB Larry Johnson on a three-year contract with a max value of $12 million.

Just when you thought the Redskins would make it through the offseason without a head-scratching move. L.J., 30, managed just 3.2 yards per carry last year and has very little burst left entering his age-31 season. We're not ruling out the possibility of Johnson succeeding in Mike Shanahan's zone-blocking system (Reuben Droughns did it), but it isn't likely. He'll compete for carries with Clinton Portis, Anthony Alridge, and most likely a draft pick.


Ha ha!


KILL ME NOW
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I barely know football and I laughed at that Laughing
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
I barely know football and I laughed at that Laughing


That shit is not funny
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oden
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 3622
Location: Gilbert, AZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year too late for me, but they finally did it.

Rotoworld - The NFL has announced that the owners have approved the modified overtime proposal for the postseason in 2010.

The vote passed at a 28-4 margin for the postseason only, but the issue will be revisited in May with the possibility of including regular season games. Per the new rule, the team that wins the coin toss must score a touchdown to win the game, ensuring that both teams will get the ball in the majority of overtime contests. If the game is tied after both teams' possessions, it then moves to a sudden death format.
_________________
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oden
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 3622
Location: Gilbert, AZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, what the hell is Philly doing?

McNabb traded to NFC East Rival Redskins
_________________
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
misterx
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 8523
Location: do you really care

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
Whoa, what the hell is Philly doing?

McNabb traded to NFC East Rival Redskins


Philly thinks Kolb is ready and they don't think the skins are any good
_________________


Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
Oden wrote:
Whoa, what the hell is Philly doing?

McNabb traded to NFC East Rival Redskins


Philly thinks Kolb is ready and they don't think the skins are any good


BINGO

that is it, they think that the skins are that bad even with DM5 they wont beat them.

bring a diehard skins fan (more than a dbacks fan Wink ) i dont know what to think about this.

he is def an upgrade at qb, and will be good for 3-4 more wins, but skins were not a qb away. NEED OL OL OL OL OL OL OL!!!!!!!

im gonna sit tight and not really see how i feel until after training camp when the finail roster is put together.

campbell is def traded, and i hope my man crush on colt brennan does not die and he is cut.
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilJuan
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 13940
Location: The carpark outside Milliways

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly has done this before, shipping Sonny Jurgensen to the 'skins back in the 1960's...
_________________
New Regime: SOS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabb lives in Chandler and has said he'd like to play for the Cardinals and it sounds like Fitzgerald wouldn't mind seeing it in 2011-12.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santonio Holmes = Moron

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Football/2010/04/santonio_sinking_like_a_stone.php

Sweet justice for that catch in the Superbowl.

And of course, the Jets just traded for him.
The Jets are turning into a bunch of criminals...
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
azcatsfanatic
MLB Rookie


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you can start calling Rex Ryan "The Warden."
_________________
Bear Down!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Posts: 7171

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Santonio Holmes = Moron = Buckeye


Fixed that for you Wink

Oh ya Clarretts getting out of prison early so make sure to lock your doors. Shocked
_________________
I'm no longer a sellout!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
misterx
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 8523
Location: do you really care

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall just signed a 4 year $47 million dollar deal making him the hignest paid WR in the league. http://bit.ly/cl31LW

better have your shit together Marshall
_________________


Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
Marshall just signed a 4 year $47 million dollar deal making him the hignest paid WR in the league. http://bit.ly/cl31LW

better have your shit together Marshall


bill looking for a quick fix to win it now and bolt out of town? does not seem like a bill parcells move to me...
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group