Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NFL 2009-2010 Season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: NFL 2009-2010 Season Reply with quote

Wooooooo hoooooooooooo

Buff@Tenn tonight.
All pre season games to be televised in high def.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d81150c2c&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaahhhhh, the only reason to watch football is because there's no baseball on... Wink

Even the Yankees-Red Sox game (yet AGAIN) is a better choice than a football game! Laughing
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Aaaahhhhh, the only reason to watch football is because there's no baseball on... Wink

Even the Yankees-Red Sox game (yet AGAIN) is a better choice than a football game
! Laughing

Blasphemy...
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with EJ.

Football is usually a last resort for me. I dont hate it, but can certainly live without.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here actually. I prefer hockey.

Id rather sit and stare at a blank tv screen than watch the Red Sox and Yankees play and listen/read the broadcasters love affair with Jeter and ARod.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Id rather sit and stare at a blank tv screen than watch the Red Sox and Yankees play and listen/read the broadcasters love affair with Jeter and ARod.

That's why the "mute" button exists... Wink

In part, I mentioned the NYY-BoSox game simply because, having game 3 of their current series carried on the Fox national telecast yesterday, ESPN -- having determined, apparently, that EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET wants to see the Yanks and the Sox as often as possible -- has scheduled game 4 for the Sunday night game. (Maybe we'll get lucky here and it will be the Gnats on TV in Phoenix...) Yet even a bad baseball game (and ESPN's headliner for tonight would qualify -- sorry, Jen!) is better than a football game... and that's raised an order of magnitude when it's a pre-season football game, to boot... Laughing
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I mentioned this last year. It never ceases to amaze me how baseball guys put down football and vice versa.
I was a football fan prior to baseball and it is still my favorite but I love them both. Why do you guys think people feel so strongly about baseball vs football?
Why cant people like both?

The other message board I frequent is a football board. They say the same things you guys said above but just switch the two sports.
Seems weird to me Confused
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:

That seems strange to me to. If you love a sport why would you rather stare at a blank tv screen because of the teams playing?
Baseball is baseball and football is football. I am watching guys in a pre season football game that will be looking for jobs next week. But hell it is football, Very Happy
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lendale White lost quite a bit of weight. He still looked to have his power. I have told others I thought he would be the better back over R Bush when they were drafted. I still stand by that.

V Young may be done. I feel for the guy.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Justin wrote:

That seems strange to me to. If you love a sport why would you rather stare at a blank tv screen because of the teams playing?
Baseball is baseball and football is football. I am watching guys in a pre season football game that will be looking for jobs next week. But hell it is football, Very Happy

Ok so maybe I was being a bit dramatic. I hate the Yankees Laughing Wink
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Justin wrote:

I watched some of the Twins Tigers game during and before the Dbacks game.

What did Hank say that got Mccray to say "Hank you are dead to me" Did Hank bet on STL or something? Laughing
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:

Even the Yankees-Red Sox game (yet AGAIN) is a better choice than a football game! Laughing

Hear...hear... (actually, I occasionally do watch Red Sox games when the Dbacks or Cardinals aren't playing)

But just when it looked like the Red Sox might salvage a game... those MFY do their thing again!
Hank
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Justin wrote:

I watched some of the Twins Tigers game during and before the Dbacks game.

What did Hank say that got Mccray to say "Hank you are dead to me" Did Hank bet on STL or something? Laughing

No, I guaranteed that the Tigers would win the World Series, which was their immediate kiss of death. Hence, Mccray has hated me ever since, and I suspect Moviegeek loves me. Smile
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
I think I mentioned this last year. It never ceases to amaze me how baseball guys put down football and vice versa.
I was a football fan prior to baseball and it is still my favorite but I love them both. Why do you guys think people feel so strongly about baseball vs football?

Who said you couldn't like both? Wink

I was just tryin' to rib the football guys a tad, that's all. Personally, I'll watch the occasional football game; but usually, the quickest way to get me to fall asleep on a Sunday afternoon is to tune in to the football game. Doesn't happen with baseball.

As a kid, I played both baseball and football, and enjoyed doing both. As to why I am a rabid baseball fan and a tepid football fan? Haven't the foggiest! But the baseball/football chasm seems akin to other either/or situations in life that seemingly defy rational explanation, such as the bourbon/scotch divide. It's been my experience that most people like one or the other, but very few like both. For years, my preference was bourbon; then a friend introduced me to a wondrous single malt scotch; and I joined the "both/and" on that question... Laughing

Another is the "dog person/cat person" divide... Wink
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
I hate the Yankees Laughing Wink

Right there with ya, bro! Razz

One of my favorite baseball books:

The Year the Yankees Lost the Pennant by Douglass Wallop.
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank wrote:

No, I guaranteed that the Tigers would win the World Series, which was their immediate kiss of death. Hence, Mccray has hated me ever since, and I suspect Moviegeek loves me. Smile

Hank is my hero!
jeninboston
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Justin wrote:

That's why the "mute" button exists... Wink

In part, I mentioned the NYY-BoSox game simply because, having game 3 of their current series carried on the Fox national telecast yesterday, ESPN -- having determined, apparently, that EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET wants to see the Yanks and the Sox as often as possible -- has scheduled game 4 for the Sunday night game. (Maybe we'll get lucky here and it will be the Gnats on TV in Phoenix...) Yet even a bad baseball game (and ESPN's headliner for tonight would qualify -- sorry, Jen!) is better than a football game... and that's raised an order of magnitude when it's a pre-season football game, to boot... Laughing
Hey, no apologies to me necessary (though I might disagree in that I think Lester is really worth watching this year, if one can look past the uniform). Even as a Boston fan, I get annoyed that Fox and ESPN assume that everyone wants to watch those two teams as much as possible. (I get to see every other Sox game on local cable, let me see some other teams for a change!)

That said, I ended up "watching" (i.e. working on laptop while the game was on TV) a good chunk of the football game since, having work to do, I was not in charge of the remote. I will say that HD makes a bigger difference to football than to baseball. Pretty!!
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punter TD was awesome

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
punter TD was awesome

Love those plays and Fisher is always good for a few.
Chris24YoungFan
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
misterx wrote:
punter TD was awesome

Too bad he can't use it in the regular season now since everyone has seen it. He's got a few more up his sleeve, though.. but that was a very good play.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris24YoungFan wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
misterx wrote:
punter TD was awesome

Too bad he can't use it in the regular season now since everyone has seen it. He's got a few more up his sleeve, though.. but that was a very good play.

I could see him using it again. This is the guy who pulled the music city miracle out.
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Chris24YoungFan wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
misterx wrote:
punter TD was awesome

I could see him using it again. This is the guy who pulled the music city miracle out.

of course he could use it again. will it work the same probably not

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sb24ws2005
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Why do you guys think people feel so strongly about baseball vs football?

I absolutely love both for different reasons.

Baseball is a marathon. It expects more from its fans with games being virtually everyday. We spend hours on this board, dissecting every decision - every roster move. I enjoy doing that and immersing myself into Dbacks baseball. To that extent, though, I'm solo in my circle of friends/family (other than my father).

Football is great because its a party atmosphere and I can get even the most casual or non-sports fan into it because it's only once a week. It is fun to get a bunch of people over on Sunday watching different games, wearing different jerseys. Then you have a break and do it again the next weekend. It's hard to maintain that type of feeling for 162 games.
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
V Young may be done. I feel for the guy.

He's most certainly done.

The guy wasn't adequately prepared for the NFL. Mack's "coaching" for VY while at Texas: If his primary receiver was covered, run. Don't check off to the secondary receiver, or god forbid the 3rd, just take off. It was a winning play for the Texas Longhorns, but didn't do VY any favors (except for that draft position...)

Bottom line: It was stupid to take a QB with little experience/development at reading offenses and delivering the pass to non-priray receivers. That's kind of a necessary skill for the QB position in the NFL...
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really liking Gruden on MNF. I think he is a great addition. I wonder if they have him on time delay? Just a matter of time before he drops an F bomb on air.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: