Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Justin is a traitor and stll roots for RJ thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst case scenario: Rain forces postponements for both Thursday AND Friday in Washington. Fox will carry the Phillies at Dodgers game and Randy's start will be blacked out.

Randy will turn back the hands of time one final time and throw his 2nd career perfecto while the nation's baseball fans are forced to gag watching a 13 inning snoozefest finally being decided on the winning run being walked in on a fine 16 pitch performance by some hack reliever nobody has ever heard of.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilJuan
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 13940
Location: The carpark outside Milliways

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorfo57 wrote:
the nation's baseball fans are forced to gag watching a 13 inning snoozefest finally being decided on the winning run being walked in on a fine 16 pitch performance by some hack reliever nobody has ever heard of.


Which relief pitcher are the Diamondbacks trading?
_________________
New Regime: SOS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Gorfo57 wrote:
the nation's baseball fans are forced to gag watching a 13 inning snoozefest finally being decided on the winning run being walked in on a fine 16 pitch performance by some hack reliever nobody has ever heard of.


Which relief pitcher are the Diamondbacks trading?


Rauch for Mannys dirty panties.
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
misterx
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 8523
Location: do you really care

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlb network will show Johnson's game today at 130 az time
_________________


Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
David B
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3466
Location: Portland

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the rain out, it is now almost guaranteed that Randy will make his next start after today in Arizona vs. the Diamondbacks. Time for us all to become Washington National fans for a day.
_________________
The greatest feeling in the world is to win a major league game. The second-greatest feeling is to lose a major league game. ~Chuck Tanner, quoted in The Sporting News, 15 July 1985
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
With the rain out, it is now almost guaranteed that Randy will make his next start after today in Arizona vs. the Diamondbacks. Time for us all to become Washington National fans for a day.


Il était une Les Expos de Montreal. Ironique?
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's 2 parts of Randy's post game interview with Mike Krukow following #300. The 2nd clip is actually when the interview begins.

csnbayarea.com

They left out Randy talking about his father, when his eyes began to well up with tears. Which is a shame, because it shows the guy is human.

You can also see the 1st part of his media post game coverage from the link now.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're about to show a special half hour show called 300 now on FSN Bay Area
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 5485

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorfo57 wrote:
They're about to show a special half hour show called 300 now on FSN Bay Area


Be careful. You might end up watching the spray-defined muscular bodies of Leonidas and his crew, fighting a bunch of tan people with awkward piercings, the Persians, who are a less manly gang than the Sharks and the Jets combined. Laughing
_________________
The Original Wannabe Sheriff
2010 SHERIFF HR TICKER: 24
2010 SHERIFF RBI TICKER: 64
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheriffWannaBe wrote:
Gorfo57 wrote:
They're about to show a special half hour show called 300 now on FSN Bay Area


Be careful. You might end up watching the spray-defined muscular bodies of Leonidas and his crew, fighting a bunch of tan people with awkward piercings, the Persians, who are a less manly gang than the Sharks and the Jets combined. Laughing



...the Jets? Do you mean the NHL Jets because that would be the Coyotes...
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 5485

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
...the Jets? Do you mean the NHL Jets because that would be the Coyotes...


Dear Barbara... he has no idea what I'm talking about...

Pop culture education inside.
_________________
The Original Wannabe Sheriff
2010 SHERIFF HR TICKER: 24
2010 SHERIFF RBI TICKER: 64
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheriffWannaBe wrote:
Justin wrote:
...the Jets? Do you mean the NHL Jets because that would be the Coyotes...


Dear Barbara... he has no idea what I'm talking about...

Pop culture education inside.


Well you did say the Sharks, which play in the bay area and this is a sports message board so... Rolling Eyes
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SheriffWannaBe wrote:

Quote:
Gorfo57 wrote:
They're about to show a special half hour show called 300 now on FSN Bay Area


Be careful. You might end up watching the spray-defined muscular bodies of Leonidas and his crew, fighting a bunch of tan people with awkward piercings, the Persians, who are a less manly gang than the Sharks and the Jets combined.


Well, it wasn't quite like that.

Just the usual canned footage you'd expect mixed in with lots of sound bites, etc. Lots of footage run together from his career. The final pitches of his two no hitters back to back. Lots of strikeout pitches. Randy chatter on this part of pitching, that part of pitching. Oh, there's the strike out of Chris Snyder at AT & T this year(which is shown 6 different times throughout the half hour).

Actually it was pretty good. Fun to watch if you're a Randy fan. You got to see Randy and Curt wrestling with the MVP trophy(serious ham on both sides of the prize). Lots of good stuff. Lots of footage of Randy as a D-Back(brings back a lot of memories). First pitch hacking definately took home the prize for best announcer with his call on the perfect game.

Fun stuff.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson's next start in doubt because of "pretty sore" shoulder

Quote:
Randy Johnson's left shoulder was still "pretty sore" a day after he hurt it during his 300th win, and manager Bruce Bochy said he cannot say Johnson will take his next scheduled turn in the rotation at Arizona on Tuesday.

"We'll know more tomorrow," Bochy said, speaking quietly because of a splitting headache, "and you know when I get one, it's massive."


Sounds like someone tipped a few on the flight to Miami.

Quote:
"I'm just trying to detox a little after all the excitement," he said. "It's pretty sore. That's why I came out of the game, not because I'm 45. I'm not too worried about it. I'm getting treatment and hopefully everything will be such that I can play long-toss and throw a bullpen. Then I'll sit down with Rags and decide when I'll throw."

Johnson's health has implications for the rest of the rotation. The initial plan was for Matt Cain, the winner of Game 2 Thursday, to return on short rest Monday. But if Johnson can't pitch Tuesday, the Giants will have to find a spot starter anyway, and the Giants figure they might as well have Cain go on normal rest and use the spot starter Monday. Bochy said Billy Sadler is one option.


There's a chance Randy may not pitch in Phoenix this trip.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorfo57 wrote:
Johnson's next start in doubt because of "pretty sore" shoulder

Quote:
Randy Johnson's left shoulder was still "pretty sore" a day after he hurt it during his 300th win, and manager Bruce Bochy said he cannot say Johnson will take his next scheduled turn in the rotation at Arizona on Tuesday.

Here's the play that caused the sore shoulder...




We need as many as possible from DBBP to show up at Chase Field Tuesday night, when Randy will be honored by the Diamondbacks organization for his 300th win and for his career accomplishments with the Diamondbacks. Here's hoping he gets a warm reception from everyone in attendance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah his "senior moment" as Randy described it. He's probably going to be remembered for that play. 45 year old going after an out like a 25 year old trying to help his team win.

Now...

Quote:
TAP wrote:

We need as many as possible from DBBP to show up at Chase Field Tuesday night, when Randy will be honored by the Diamondbacks organization for his 300th win and for his career accomplishments with the Diamondbacks. Here's hoping he gets a warm reception from everyone in attendance.


is this definately on? If so, I seriously have to consider flying down to see this.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorfo57 wrote:
is this definately on? If so, I seriously have to consider flying down to see this.

I have it on pretty good authority. Where are you flying in from?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as the trips I made back to Phx for the SD series in Sept and the all the playoff home games in 07. Round trip San Jose-Phoenix.

The only difference is I no longer have the luxury of an apartment there anymore after moving back here permanently at the end of 07. So I just book a hotel room, rent a car, and line up some tickets online.

Would definately erase the horrible memory of his final start in 07 against LA in that park, where he limped off the mound at the end of the 1st and went back out to try and throw another inning.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:

Quote:
Here's the play that caused the sore shoulder...



Here's the clip of the play, courtesy of MLB.com:

Johnson's nice toss
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David B
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3466
Location: Portland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Rotoworld:

Randy Johnson, who has been bothered by a bruised non-throwing shoulder, will start Monday on three days' rest.

The Giants played a doubleheader Thursday, so they either needed to bring back a starter on three days' rest or call up someone from the minors. Johnson volunteered to pitch Monday. Matt Cain will follow on Tuesday.
_________________
The greatest feeling in the world is to win a major league game. The second-greatest feeling is to lose a major league game. ~Chuck Tanner, quoted in The Sporting News, 15 July 1985
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryan
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2623
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
From Rotoworld:

Randy Johnson, who has been bothered by a bruised non-throwing shoulder, will start Monday on three days' rest.

The Giants played a doubleheader Thursday, so they either needed to bring back a starter on three days' rest or call up someone from the minors. Johnson volunteered to pitch Monday. Matt Cain will follow on Tuesday.


A 45-year-old guy coming off an admittedly sore shoulder pitching on three-days' rest? I love Randy and wish him the best, but let's just say I'm benching him on my fantasy team tomorrow.

EDIT: Is the D-Backs organization still going to honor him on Tuesday, I hope?
_________________
Die-hard D-Backs fan in enemy territory
--
Purge the suck in 2010.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
Is the D-Backs organization still going to honor him on Tuesday, I hope?

yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David B
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3466
Location: Portland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes more sense for Randy to pitch Monday if they are going to honor him at Chase on Tuesday. From the first I heard of the tribute, it totally flew in the face of "gameday" surly Randy. I couldn't imagine him going through a pre-game tribute and being showered with love, and then going out and being the intense and focused RJ that we all know.
_________________
The greatest feeling in the world is to win a major league game. The second-greatest feeling is to lose a major league game. ~Chuck Tanner, quoted in The Sporting News, 15 July 1985
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tucsondbacksfan
Everyday Player


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honoring a former teammate who is now pitching for a division rival? VERY CLASSY MOVE PHOENIX!! Well done D Hall & Co!!!

I would love to be there- I may try to drive up that day but I have committments that may conflict... Crying or Very sad
_________________
"There is NO crying in baseball"
Tom Hanks- "A League of Their Own"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:

Quote:
From Rotoworld:

Randy Johnson, who has been bothered by a bruised non-throwing shoulder, will start Monday on three days' rest.


Hmm...the reports were he jammed his shoulder by landing on his elbow.
When you watch the replay of the play, he lands on his left elbow, which made me believe it was his pitching shoulder that was sore. The following report that he may miss his next start from shoulder soreness seemed standard.

In watching the replay again, I noticed he broke his fall with his glove hand. After the play, you see him rolling his right shoulder trying to loosen it up.

The roto world report makes sense. Its doubtful a 45 year old Randy Johnson could come back on short rest with a sore left shoulder.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group