Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
props to Derrick Hall and the Diamondbacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
How much did DHall have to do with the team's firings today? Does he have a respected voice with the owners, or is he just their face/puppet?

I don't know if he's their puppet but he can surely suck it right now.

This is really inappropriate. You are better then this.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
matt wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
How much did DHall have to do with the team's firings today? Does he have a respected voice with the owners, or is he just their face/puppet?

We're adults and already have moderators. And Matt is right. Someone who is the face of the organization and whose entire job is to build and maintain relationships did not do so well enough, by his own admission, with one of the most important cogs in the organizational machine. "Suck it" is the right phrasing.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
matt wrote:
dirtygary wrote:

We're adults and already have moderators. And Matt is right. Someone who is the face of the organization and whose entire job is to build and maintain relationships did not do so well enough, by his own admission, with one of the most important cogs in the organizational machine. "Suck it" is the right phrasing.

Matt is a mod.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
matt wrote:
dirtygary wrote:

Matt is a mod.

Gee, thanks. I wasn't aware. (Hopefully your sarcasm detector is firing loudly after reading that.) It is feasible to moderate a moderator. There isn't any sort of DBBP diplomatic immunity that I'm aware of.
dbacks_Nation
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I knew, Dhall is a member of the forum and we're supposed to give a level of respect to all forum members.
YBC-Dog
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbacks_Nation wrote:
Last I knew, Dhall is a member of the forum and we're supposed to give a level of respect to all forum members.

LOL.

If only Eric Byrnes and Bob Melvin and Tony Clark and Joe Jr. had realized the way to avoid drawing nasty criticism from the fan base was to sign up with an account on the DBBP, which would have required them to be given a level of respect.

With word coming out that it was friction between him and Byrnes was the reason for Byrnes firing, Derrick Hall made himself the new face of baseball operations and really the ownership group. We are going to find out if he is the kind of exec everyone claims he is, because now this mess is 100% his responsibility.

Whether or not he is a member of this board, we should be able to speak freely about someone who is that important to this team, and even vent if they disagree with decisions, and even maybe use a cuss word doing so. Just my two cents...
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Mr. Hall will chime-in? Smile

I don't find Matt's comment offensive. Not knowing the complete story, nor who our new GM will be, I'm holding-off on judging Mr. Hall.

The way the team's been playing can suck it, though.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
matt wrote:
dirtygary wrote:

I would disagree.
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. Olney wrote:
Hinch and Byrnes become the fall guys for a Diamondbacks team that has performed woefully the last couple of seasons, but the changes also reflect the panicky and desperate nature of the current Arizona leadership...

Moving forward, this team's performance now belongs to Kendrick and president Derrick Hall. Their choice to dump Byrnes will be like Byrnes' choice to hire Hinch -- the prism through which all that follows is viewed. If Byrnes goes on and thrives elsewhere -- and that is what a lot of his peers fully expect -- and the Diamondbacks fail, Kendrick and Hall will own that legacy, in full.

Warhorse
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtygary wrote:
B. Olney wrote:
Hinch and Byrnes become the fall guys for a Diamondbacks team that has performed woefully the last couple of seasons, but the changes also reflect the panicky and desperate nature of the current Arizona leadership...

Moving forward, this team's performance now belongs to Kendrick and president Derrick Hall. Their choice to dump Byrnes will be like Byrnes' choice to hire Hinch -- the prism through which all that follows is viewed. If Byrnes goes on and thrives elsewhere -- and that is what a lot of his peers fully expect -- and the Diamondbacks fail, Kendrick and Hall will own that legacy, in full.

I heard the same thing when Byrnes hired AJ Hinch last year. 'Now it's all on Byrnes.' He rolled the dice and failed.

It's Kendrick, (and co-investors) money so to me they have the right to question results, and fire if they find necessary, their employees.

As fans we have the right to not buy the product. That's how it works. Deal with it.
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose we have to see who they hire... If they can get someone who can bring better players - i think we will all be happier.
Warhorse
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
I suppose we have to see who they hire... If they can get someone who can bring better players - i think we will all be happier.

Agreed, some different players providing better results.
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
B. Olney wrote:

I heard the same thing when Byrnes hired AJ Hinch last year. 'Now it's all on Byrnes.' He rolled the dice and failed.

It's Kendrick, (and co-investors) money so to me they have the right to question results, and fire if they find necessary, their employees.

As fans we have the right to not buy the product. That's how it works. Deal with it.

Agreed, as I have shifted the investment of my discretionary dollars in response to a few moves by the FO/CEO. I used to buy all of my tickets and apparel at the stadium box office/team shop. I felt good about supporting the Club even if it cost me a few extra bucks. Not anymore. I buy my tickets from the gentlemen outside the stadium, and I don't anticipate buying more apparel at the jacked-up team shop prices....
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paola Boivin wrote:
"I understand it's going to be perceived as a salary dump," said Derrick Hall, president and chief executive officer. "We see it more as creating payroll flexibility."

Shocked

Salary Dump = Payroll Flexibility
Ryan
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtygary wrote:
Paola Boivin wrote:
"I understand it's going to be perceived as a salary dump," said Derrick Hall, president and chief executive officer. "We see it more as creating payroll flexibility."

Shocked

With that kind of spin, Mr. Hall definitely has a career in public relations if this whole "Team President" thing doesn't work out.

(And yes, I know his background is in PR Razz )
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
Paola Boivin wrote:

Shocked

With that kind of spin, Mr. Hall definitely has a career in public relations if this whole "Team President" thing doesn't work out.

I was gonna say BP needs to hire that guy to explain the positives of the Gulf Coast Oil Spill Disaster... Wink
Bob A
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtygary wrote:
Ryan wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
Paola Boivin wrote:

Shocked

I was gonna say BP needs to hire that guy to explain the positives of the Gulf Coast Oil Spill Disaster... Wink

'We were trying to REBUILD the Gulf Coast and bring in some younger speices of sea creatures...' Laughing
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the savings is put back into the team with player pieces that will make the team better in the long run, it's payroll flexibility.

If it isn't reinvested in the team and the payroll simply decreases, it's salary dump.
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob A wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
Ryan wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
Paola Boivin wrote:

Shocked

'We were trying to REBUILD the Gulf Coast and bring in some younger speices of sea creatures...' Laughing

They're just providing jobs for hardworking Americans... Laughing
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
dirtygary wrote:
Paola Boivin wrote:

Shocked

My next question: A PR background is all it takes to be CEO of a $400M company? I also heard sports management was a background of his - I actually PM'ed DH about this, as it was a strong consideration of mine prior to enrolling in a Public Administration masters program, but I never received a response, so who knows. Either way, one of the primary focus areas was Non-Profits, which I though should have qualified me automatically for the Dbacks... Razz
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
If the savings is put back into the team with player pieces that will make the team better in the long run, it's payroll flexibility.

If it isn't reinvested in the team and the payroll simply decreases, it's salary dump.

x2

we need to wait and see....

i hope it is the latter
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
TAP wrote:

x2

i hope it is the latter

I trust you're hoping for the former. Wink
baldmaga
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
TAP wrote:

x2

i hope it is the latter

NJDBF loves the Marlins Cool
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
TAP wrote:

x2

i hope it is the former

yea what i said! Embarassed

NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldmaga wrote:
TAP wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
TAP wrote:

x2

i hope it is the latter

NJDBF loves the Marlins Cool

im deadly on the keyboard....

Jimbo never has to worry about me taking over his job

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: