Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
props to Derrick Hall and the Diamondbacks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: props to Derrick Hall and the Diamondbacks Reply with quote

Some of you may have noticed I did not take the Sidewinders leaving well. I am taking the imminent loss of ST in Tucson even worse. I have felt like the Dbacks have shown zero interest in bothering with Tucson fans. I attended a ST game 2/27/09 and while I was there I went in to purchase some tickets for the Diamond Express shuttle for opening day 4/6/09. Much to my dismay there was not shuttle for Tucson on opening day. I was incredulous and asked the person at the desk if she was sure. I have taken the shuttle for opening day in the past. She said she was sure. I left that office steaming mad. I felt like it was just another kick to the sack for the fans of Tucson.

I ended up sending an email to Derrick Hall with the above story as well as some other feelings about the loss of ST. Imagine my surprise when D Hall responded to me within an hour Shocked He said no shuttle makes no sense!let me look into it! A few days later I received an email from D Hall stating that the shuttle should be good to go. Today I got home and I have a letter from the Diamondback Express with their schedule, including the opening day game.

I just want to say thank you to Derrick Hall and the Diamondbacks for this shuttle. It makes a big difference for us folks down here. I will be on the shuttle with my youngest son and I am really looking forward to opening day.

For those of you in Tucson that have not taken advantage of the shuttle you really should it is the best way to go. For tickets you can call 434-1367.
The Diamond Express runs on all Sat and Sun games, labor day, and opening day Very Happy

Last edited by Prosopis on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a good front office; but if the people running the on-the-field side did the job that Mr. Hall is doing on the off-the-field side, there wouldn't be enough room in the ballpark formerly known as BOB to hang all the championship banners! Very Happy

Thank you, Mr. Hall!
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall's public outreach and customer service has been exemplary.

And it's gonna take a helluva lot to talk their way through bailing on Tucson.
Dewberry
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is awesome
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More proof that Derrick is the man!

I have never seen an organization of any kind this responsive to its fans. Derrick--you, sir, are one of a kind!
...for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. (xkcd #556)
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtygary wrote:

He offered to talk to me over the phone about this subject. I dont know what I would say other then I am upset ST is leaving. I have talked to others about it and I am thinking this is more of a Tucson gov screw up then the D backs bailing on us. I truly dont know though. I dont understand the politics of it all. There is obviously big money being talked about and whenever big money is involved ............

Anyway I am not happy they are leaving. I am mad as hell about it but that is not the point of this thread. The point is D Hall/D backs saw something that did not make sense and fixed it. I just like to say thanks when I can.

Thanks again Smile
dhall
Team President and CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great post. Thanks my friend. When something is so evident, it must be corrected!
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Prosopis knows, I regularly take the fan bus as well to Chase. In my opinion, this HAS to stay, no ifs ands or buts.

Ill tolerate ST leaving.

The AAA team... not so much... I know Tucson basically sealed thier fate in 2007 by not increasing attendance even though the Sidewinders were reigning PCL champs.
The Sidewinders/Toros were the team I went to growing up, so not really happy about that one. I had been going to thier games a few times a year since they were the Houston Astros affiliate. I saw Bob Abrue, Mike Simms, Billy Wagner and Im pretty sure I saw one of the few AAA starts Daryl Kile (RIP to one of my alltime favs btw) made. I do feel as though Zucker kinda betrayed us a little bit. If he really thinks some independent league team can/will replace 40+ yrs off AAA baseball then he has another thing coming (that said...I do plan on going to a few of the games..)

I probably would have bought season tickets eventually. I even know what seat I wanted.
azcardsfan
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome. I never new there was a shuttle from Tucson to Chase field. I'll be attending U of A next fall so thats good to know.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azcardsfan wrote:
Thats awesome. I never new there was a shuttle from Tucson to Chase field. I'll be attending U of A next fall so thats good to know.

Good for you for choosing UA! Do you live in Tucson already? I really enjoyed my time there.
azcardsfan
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
azcardsfan wrote:

Good for you for choosing UA! Do you live in Tucson already? I really enjoyed my time there.

No, I've lived in Phoenix almost my whole life. I can't wait to start school in Tucson Cool .
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azcardsfan wrote:

Its a nice deal. Between gas money and parking fees the bus is cheaper. Add in the fact that you dont have to worry about driving, you can eat,enjoy some adult beverages and it is a no brainer to take the shuttle.
I will use it for every game I go to this year except the DBBP get together. I am bringing the whole family up so it is cheaper to drive then pay for 6 bus tickets.
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
dirtygary wrote:

He offered to talk to me over the phone about this subject. I dont know what I would say other then I am upset ST is leaving. I have talked to others about it and I am thinking this is more of a Tucson gov screw up then the D backs bailing on us. I truly dont know though. I dont understand the politics of it all. There is obviously big money being talked about and whenever big money is involved ............

Anyway I am not happy they are leaving. I am mad as hell about it but that is not the point of this thread. The point is D Hall/D backs saw something that did not make sense and fixed it. I just like to say thanks when I can.

Thanks again Smile

Again, and I'll scream this from the mountain-tops, props to DHall for the public outreach and responsiveness. I've been the recipient of prompt replies and it's too cool to describe. That is not standard from other clubs' CEO's, and it is very appreciated.

And it's not a Tucson government thing, it's more of a difficulty in dealing with the County. It ain't exactly a walk in the park, but they're improving.

Also, there already is a shuttle. The Arizona Shuttle. Drops you off right at Sky Harbor, hop on light rail, you're there. Vice versa to get home.

The problem is that shuttle for Diamondback games may eventually not be needed. It's for people that could perceive the actions by the Club as basically saying: "We're going to leave and effectively murder spring training in Southern Arizona right after our AAA affiliate left town... But we still want your support and will definitely make sure there's a shuttle so you can get to our place of business!!!"
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHall for President!
In 2016!
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azcardsfan wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
azcardsfan wrote:

No, I've lived in Phoenix almost my whole life. I can't wait to start school in Tucson Cool .

I had the inverse - grew up in Tucson, but couldn't wait to get to Tempe!

Tucson is a great college town, though. Afterwards you'll find lots of Wildcats all over the place - and the good thing is they're the ones doing the hiring and the UA prepares you well.
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
DHall for President!
In 2016!

If he can't beat Sarah Palin, nobody can!!! Laughing
tusdiamondbacks
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtygary wrote:

The problem is that shuttle for Diamondback games may eventually not be needed. It's for people that could perceive the actions by the Club as basically saying: "We're going to leave and effectively murder spring training in Southern Arizona right after our AAA affiliate left town... But we still want your support and will definitely make sure there's a shuttle so you can get to our place of business!!!"

The REAL problem is that a spring training stadium SHOULD have a life expectancy of more than 12-13 years. If teams are going to start demanding a new stadium every 12-13 years, things are going to get ridiculous.

Living in Tucson I feel INSULTED by the Diamondbacks. I am very upset that the team did absolutely nothing to save the AAA team. The Diamondbacks have enough trouble trying to fill Chase Field during the season. Give Valley residents 15 or so more home games and further saturate the Phoenix spring training market more (30 games if the Rockies move too). Then in a few years the song and dance will continue that the teams aren't making enough money in Phoenix and places like Palm Springs or Las Vegas will lure in teams for spring training and the cycle

Mr. Hall. I know you have to play the game. However, the game stinks and it's getting old. People, like me, in Southern Arizona feel neglected.
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame the team all you want but their hand was forced when the White Sox left. They had a hard enough time getting teams to come visit them when there were three teams. Once the WS left, the Rox had the go-ahead to leave as well. If Tucson had done their job and supported spring training this wouldn't have happened.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swung by the park today and got my tickets for the Diamondback Express 4/6/09 opening day.
Wooooooooohoooooooooooooo Very Happy

Looked like a nice crowd at the ballpark.
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get out of work early that day, so I'll get to go to a D-backs opening day for the first time in a few years. I'm usually in another city watching another team's opening day.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
David B
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden, are you doing Opening Day in the two new NY ballparks, or is it impossible/too expensive to get tickets?
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, will be in NYC for both games. We were lucky enough to get Mets tickets already. We'll find out tomorrow if we were drawn for Yankees tickets. If not, we'll probably have to pay over $300 each on the secondary market. Not a cheap trip!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
dhall
Team President and CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the frustration. Believe me, we want to stay in Tucson, but not at a disadvantage. Two teams is not an arrangement that works at all. As for Triple-A, that was not our team. We are an affiliate but do not own that team. For some reason, they chose to leave, as did the White Sox, and the Rockies are leaning in the same direction. We have tried to attract new teams but have had no success. It is a numbers game. By the way, we filled every other ballpark this spring with D-backs fans when we played them, so there is an interest and it does not seem to cannibalize the product if they were attending regardless. I had a surprising letter that was given to me from Pima County. They seem to have given up which is a shame. I sent a response yesterday to clarify their false assumptions.
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo... when is the Reno Aces merchandise going to be on sale online? Surprised

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'll be able to go to many Aces' games due to me geographical impairment.

Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: