Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dodger Stadium

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilcoop3k
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Dodger Stadium Reply with quote

Didn't know where to post this, but if any of you have been to dodger stadium or minute maid park, where are the best places there to sit which is fairly cheap? oh and are there any websites which you can use to get a view from the seat?
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap... as in how much $$

Although high up, the top deck (from 3rd to 1st) still gives a good overall view of the park for $11 face value. Lower reserve if you get fairly close to 1st base or 3rd base isn't too bad a view for $23.

The far corners in right and left aren't great views no matter which section you're in--including the lowest levels.

* My post refers only to Dodger Stadium *

Last edited by moviegeekjn on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minute Maid has pretty good sight lines all over the park. No idea what prices are right now but you should be able to get tickets on game day no problem. Save yourself the online fees.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Chris24YoungFan
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the Cubs/Dodgers game next Sunday @ Dodger Stadium. Should be cool.
Lilcoop3k
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i was looking at about 20 dollars, as i am going over there at the end of July for the LA diamondbacks series and then going to Pheonix and then over to Houston so might be less then 20 dollars as on quite a bit of a budget. Does anyone know about parking at dodger stadium?
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodger Stadium sits on a virtual island. You can park right outside the gate. I believe someone mentioned earlier that parking now costs $15 there. No alternative to parking there. Check it out on Google Maps satellite view.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
Dodger Stadium sits on a virtual island. You can park right outside the gate. I believe someone mentioned earlier that parking now costs $15 there. No alternative to parking there. Check it out on Google Maps satellite view.

IF you know the neighborhood, you apparently can park free and walk a distance--somewhere in Chinatown. (I have a friend in LA who tells me it's possible and has done so), but I'm not familiar enough with the area or trust it enough to leave my rental car when there... so I get gouged the $15 parking fee.
AZ SnakePit
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you search on Ebay, you can get tickets which have parking passes included. That's definitely worth factoring into costs: we got four of the cheap $11 seats there, at face value, but with a parking pass included which got us to about 100 feet from the gate. The view was fine from there.
AZ SnakePit
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
Oden wrote:

IF you know the neighborhood, you apparently can park free and walk a distance--somewhere in Chinatown. (I have a friend in LA who tells me it's possible and has done so), but I'm not familiar enough with the area or trust it enough to leave my rental car when there... so I get gouged the $15 parking fee.

Yes, that would be possible - we stayed in Chinatown while we were there. However, you are talking a fair walk - probably a mile at the very least - and it's uphill to the stadium. The surrounding neighborhood doesn't feel very safe either.
Lilcoop3k
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, think i have got it all sorted now.
Chris24YoungFan
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the game Sunday @ Dodger Stadium annnnd

Dodger Stadium >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X1,000 Chase
I had the choice of Dodger Stadium, Angels Stadium or Petco, since the Padres blow and the Angels are in the AL, I figured I'd want to see the 2nd place Dodgers.

Experience blows Chase out of the water. PA is loud as hell there, it's awesome. Chase it's all quiet unless you're in one of the few select sections where it is somewhat "loud".. DS has speakers in every section so you can hear it nice and clear.

No lame BS hot dog races, or taco bell races on the field, or the Quest! section of the game bullshit. Basically pure watch the game and enjoy it. Loved it. F kiddie BS. Watch the game.

Fans were into it. The wave failed miserably. Only a few sections would do it before it died. Perfect. As I've heard, there were a lot of cholo's lol...crazy group of fans.

Anyways, overall, I enjoyed it a lot.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: