Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Games not being to broadcast to Tucson again?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedge
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Games not being to broadcast to Tucson again? Reply with quote

This year was the first year that we got the same broadcast schedule as the rest of the state, as 3TV got on the same page with KWBA down here. Tonight, we aren't getting the game. What's the deal? I really don't want to go back to only seeing about 20-30 games a year only because they happen to be broadcasting on FSN. How can they get away with not broadcasting into the biggest city outside of Phoenix?
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Games not being to broadcast to Tucson again? Reply with quote

wedge wrote:
This year was the first year that we got the same broadcast schedule as the rest of the state, as 3TV got on the same page with KWBA down here. Tonight, we aren't getting the game. What's the deal? I really don't want to go back to only seeing about 20-30 games a year only because they happen to be broadcasting on FSN. How can they get away with not broadcasting into the biggest city outside of Phoenix?

They didn't want to ruin the happy mood after Tucson won their big game?
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Games not being to broadcast to Tucson again? Reply with quote

wedge wrote:

That would be a question to ask of your local affiliate (KWBA). As a general rule, the "flagship" station of the network (KTVK-3) makes the broadcast available (for a fee) for interested stations to pick up. I'd be very surprised to hear of something at either the FO or 3TV level that would reduce the number of games carried by your station there.
wedge
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Games not being to broadcast to Tucson again? Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
wedge wrote:

That would be a question to ask of your local affiliate (KWBA). As a general rule, the "flagship" station of the network (KTVK-3) makes the broadcast available (for a fee) for interested stations to pick up. I'd be very surprised to hear of something at either the FO or 3TV level that would reduce the number of games carried by your station there.

that's the thing, the team and the station made a big deal about the fact we were getting the same broadcast schedule as 3TV. I'm wondering if the fact that they switched over to CW or whatever the hell it is (WB-lite, it looks like) has something to do with it. It really blew not being able to watch any games on TV down here before they worked it out this year. I don't get to come up to phoenix to watch many games, so them and FSN are all I got, man!
wedge
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Games not being to broadcast to Tucson again? Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
wedge wrote:

They didn't want to ruin the happy mood after Tucson won their big game?

me and maybe the 5 other actual fans cared here in town.

It's almost pathetic the crowds only came when they offered cheap beer.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: