Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Field of 65
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
misterx wrote:
sorry honest mistake

I know - it happens alot... Laughing

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Album_no_respect.jpg
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my final 4 Kansas Kentucky Baylor and Pitt

JayHawks win it

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DouXer4ouR
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Final 4 is Kansas-Vanderbilt-Kentucky-Villanova.

Kansas wins vs Nova.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Final 4 just for the hell of it Villanova, Pittsburgh, Michigan State and New Mexico.

I dont know what Im doing, but it would be funny if those teams all made it. Laughing This isnt meant to be a realistic thing, just my inane banter. Carry on.
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha got Justin drinking the LOBO koolaid. Wink Laughing

Look for PAC 10 and Mnt West teams to do better than people think.

Final four gotta go chalk. 3 #1 and a #2.

Kentucky
Kansas
Cuse
Nova

Kansas wins it all.

Upset Specials take San Diego St over Tenn and in round two Cal will beat Duke. Wink
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love March madness. Got all three games on the computer right now. BYU on a nice run leads the gators, ND taking care of business and I need NOVA to get it going.

After the games heading to the DBACK game at Phx Muni where the crowds are puni.

Then back for more hoops and the LOBO game tonight.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a 7 point lead and 11 minutes to go, Robert Morris looks like it may pull off the upset of Villanova. Villanovas coach made the wise decision to NOT start his starters (single elimination games are not the time to "discipline"). Rolling Eyes
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ODU beat ND BYU and Florida in double ot Nova and Robert Morris going to ot hell of a start

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chris24YoungFan
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
With a 7 point lead and 11 minutes to go, Robert Morris looks like it may pull off the upset of Villanova. Villanovas coach made the wise decision to NOT start his starters (single elimination games are not the time to "discipline"). Rolling Eyes

They were leading when Reynolds and Fisher didn't start. They would have deserved to lose if the replacements couldn't handle a 15 seed Robert Morris.

Reynolds came in and sucked. 2 for 15 from the field. Luckily for Nova he got to the line a ton and they won.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:

This is college basketball, not the NBA. If you can't discipline your players (who probably get a lot of leeway on campus) whenever is necessary, you're not likely going to be a successful college coach. It was a part of Lute's way of handling things at Arizona that changed in the last few years he was here. You can especially tell in hindsight what an effect it had (along with other factors) that lead the program downhill to where it was before Sean Miller took over. These are college kids that are there to learn the game, but they aren't entitled to play it.
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an incredible day of hoops yesterday. The wonderful Big East took hits left & right while the lowly Pac-10's UW beat Marquette (Big East) in a great game. Tons of upsets, and that's only day 1.

ESPN's recap

Quote:
The opening day of the NCAA tournament started Thursday with two games ending in overtime -- one going into double-overtime and the other involving a No. 15 seed -- and another game being decided by one point.

Just when it seemed the day could not get any better, a No. 13 seed stunned a No. 4 on a buzzer-beater and a No. 3 seed had to fight like mad to hold off a No. 14.

Unbelievably, Thursday's nightcap was even better than the day's earlier games. A No. 14 seed actually knocked off a No. 3 and three more games were won on last-second shots, including yet another one decided in overtime.

By the time No. 3-seeded New Mexico held off No. 14-seeded Montana 62-57 early Friday morning on the East Coast, the carnage of the tournament's first 13 hours left researchers scrambling for the record books. Seven lower-seeded teams won games Thursday, including five double-digit seeds, the most on the opening day of the tournament since 1991.

And for those who think there's not enough parity in college basketball, consider this: eight of the 16 games were decided in OT or by a 3 points or less (that hadn't happened on the first day since the field expanded in 1985), 11 of the 16 were decided by single-digits and three games went to overtime.

How much of a difference is eight out of 16 being decided in OT or by 3 points or less? Consider this: There were a grand total of nine of those games in the entire 2009 tournament.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have been the best opening day ever. I skipped a spring training game to watch it all.

The first four games were 1pnt game, last second shot, OT and Double OT! Shocked

And then it got better. Everyones a LOBO WOOF WOOF WOOF! Laughing

Looking forward to the Lobo Washington game. Basketball the way its supposed to be played runnin and gunnin. Wink

Still got all my final four left but my bracket looks like crap. Went 9-7 on day one. Confused
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a saying in boxing that styles make fights. A superior fighter can have trouble with a lesser foe because of a style he's not familiar with or not able to counter. Same with pitcher/hitter match ups, same in football & basketball. That's why the tourney is so cool. You get match ups where they've never even seen tape of the other team. The format makes for some great games.

qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh.... My saints cant win every year....
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gophers lost today as well. They were horrible shooting today. At least I'm 11-7 on my bets so far. Betting the under on Wisconsin is always a lock.

misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pac 10 2-0 vs the Big East

THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNI Panthers up 8 at the half vs Kansas! Shocked

New Mexico vs Washington game is a track meet.

Great stuff.
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy bracket buster! Kansas goes down!

misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KANSAS Done
BIG EAST 4-5
Pac 10 3-0 in a few minutes

TheDesertSurfer
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:

Ali Farokhmanesh hit four threes but his last one was one of the most amazing I have ever seen. With the Panthers leading by three and just less than a minute remaining, and Kansas in the midst of a hard charging comeback, Farokhmanesh had the ball with 30 seconds left on the shot clock. Instead of running the clock down, he found himself wide open with no Jayhawk within twenty feet of him and launched a 25 foot three ball to give the Panthers a six point lead, and the fat lady started singing.
www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/farokhmanesh_ali00.html
TheDesertSurfer
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:

It's a sad night on the Main Line tonight as my local mighty mite St. Mary's, located in Moraga just up the freeway, knocked off the Novacats today. Big Omar was too much for the blue and white.
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
Oden wrote:

Ali Farokhmanesh hit four threes but his last one was one of the most amazing I have ever seen. With the Panthers leading by three and just less than a minute remaining, and Kansas in the midst of a hard charging comeback, Farokhmanesh had the ball with 30 seconds left on the shot clock. Instead of running the clock down, he found himself wide open with no Jayhawk within twenty feet of him and launched a 25 foot three ball to give the Panthers a six point lead, and the fat lady started singing.
www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/farokhmanesh_ali00.html

I was watching. Great game. That 3 put the game score "over" and put some money in my pocket. I was sweating that one.

Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kansas loss summed up by CBS Sports

Quote:
Senior guard Sherron Collins walked toward the Kansas bench to be near someone, anyone, who might feel his pain, and finding nobody to hug, he simply collapsed in a heap in front of coach Bill Self's empty chair. Sophomore forward Marcus Morris was on his hands and knees. So was his twin brother, Markieff Morris.

Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- every year since 1998.

The Morris twins were crying into towels. So were Tyshawn Taylor and Xavier Henry. Brady Morningstar was bawling loudly, completely broken by this loss. It was a shocking sight for two reasons.

One, like I said, I've never seen a locker room this distraught.

Two, Kansas didn't play like the game had mattered this much. Not until it was late. Not until it was too late, obviously.

TheDesertSurfer
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 5 seconds left in overtime, Chris Kramer charges through the Texas A&M monsters for the game winning layin. 63-61 Boilermakers.
Party on the banks of the Wabash tonight!
www.purduesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/kramer_chris00.html
TheDesertSurfer
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh Oh, another upset in the making
In the land where brastraps replace jockstraps:
#12 Wisconsin-Green Bay over Virginia by 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: