Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dbacks add Dan Haren... and now trade him to the Angels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucson DBacks Fan wrote:
How big a dump do they need to take?

One big enough to cover every fan this team still has...

Oh, you were talking about salary. My bad. Wink
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.

X2

X3

quitters.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.

X2

X3

quitters.

x2

i may piss and moan... i my curse and throw a fit... still my team and they are down now, but when they turn it around it will be even sweeter when they climb back on top after i stuck it through the hard times
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:

X2

X3

quitters.

x2

i may piss and moan... i my curse and throw a fit... still my team and they are down now, but when they turn it around it will be even sweeter when they climb back on top after i stuck it through the hard times

Agreed also, which reinforces the idea that they should see what they can get for Upton.
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Agreed also, which reinforces the idea that they should see what they can get for Upton.

I don't think we should trade Upton.
He has one of the brightest futures in baseball, and he'll still be around by the time we could contend again. He's under control through 2015, and isn't near his prime yet.

Also, I have no faith in the trading ability of the ownership, DiPoto, or any new GM.

Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, I had forgotten that they bought out two years of free agency. That does change things. I still don't see them being anything useful until 2014 but since we extended him that isn't as much of an issue.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:

X2

X3

quitters.

x2

I'm still here, aren't I?

I went to more games in 2004 that I had in any other season to that date, and I haven't gone to more since. I'm with this team, but the team needs to do what's best for itself in the long run. That would be to blow it up completely and try to do it right the next time around. We had all the ability to compete on a high level for several years and Moorad blew it when he thought the window opened up a year early in 2007. The rest has been downhill, and we don't have the right cogs to to get this machine to propel itself to first place. The cupboard is bare. The seats are empty. I'm much more apt to go to games for a team that's doing things right rather than trying to convince joe average fan that we're trying to win now. We can't do that now.

For now, I'm going to pull for this team despite the fact that it's terrible, and go to games simply to enjoy being at a baseball stadium watching the best game I know.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:

X2

X3

quitters.

x2

I went to more games in 2004 that I had in any other season to that date, and I haven't gone to more since. I'm with this team, but the team needs to do what's best for itself in the long run. That would be to blow it up completely and try to do it right the next time around. We had all the ability to compete on a high level for several years and Moorad blew it when he thought the window opened up a year early in 2007. The rest has been downhill, and we don't have the right cogs to to get this machine to propel itself to first place. The cupboard is bare. The seats are empty. I'm much more apt to go to games for a team that's doing things right rather than trying to convince joe average fan that we're trying to win now. We can't do that now.

For now, I'm going to pull for this team despite the fact that it's terrible, and go to games simply to enjoy being at a baseball stadium watching the best game I know.

I guess I misunderstood the bolded.
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:

X2

X3

quitters.

No its called reality. There's no point in ownership spending any significant amounts on trying to get players thinking we are gonna contend next years. Everybody involved with the club from ownership down to the fans knows we are not gonna contend any time soon so it would be prudent and responsible for ownership to invest any savings in players that are gonna be able to help further down the road.

In terms of my own support for the team, that will never dither regardless of whether we are on the verge of a World Series calibre season or about to face 100+ losses on the year. Its not possible for me to get to the games due to my location but ill be following every other possible way i can as i always have and buying merchandise.

It still dont change my distrust in the running of the organisation though..
ValueArb
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
matt wrote:

I don't think we should trade Upton.
He has one of the brightest futures in baseball, and he'll still be around by the time we could contend again. He's under control through 2015, and isn't near his prime yet.

Also, I have no faith in the trading ability of the ownership, DiPoto, or any new GM.

We won't be contending by 2015, not with cheapskates Kendrick in charge. He and President Hall can hire all the moronic yesmen they want to try to convince fans that "pitchers wins" is an important measure of a pitcher, but a journeyman will still pitch like one, just like Russ Ortiz did.
True fans sense a special pain from an owner too cheap to ever field a competitive team, and smile when the idiot GM lackey trades for a crappy starter because his teammates scored lots of runs and held most of his leads.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:

X2

X3

quitters.

x2

I guess I misunderstood the bolded.

I can't be bothered to read everything I support! It's the Arizona SB1070 way! Wink
dbacks_Nation
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just how many high percentage pitchers, ones who win 20 games in a season, turn out like Russ Ortiz?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50

Jump to: