Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dbacks add Dan Haren... and now trade him to the Angels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ryan
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2623
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucson DBacks Fan wrote:
How big a dump do they need to take?


One big enough to cover every fan this team still has...

Oh, you were talking about salary. My bad. Wink
_________________
Die-hard D-Backs fan in enemy territory
--
Purge the suck in 2010.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 5271
Location: Sonoran desert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.


X2


X3


quitters.
_________________
I have become comfortably numb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 10330
Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.


X2


X3


quitters.


x2

i may piss and moan... i my curse and throw a fit... still my team and they are down now, but when they turn it around it will be even sweeter when they climb back on top after i stuck it through the hard times
_________________
win the series make the playoffs
series record to date 11-19-3
april 11-12 | may 9-20 | june 11-16
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 7391

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.


X2


X3


quitters.


x2

i may piss and moan... i my curse and throw a fit... still my team and they are down now, but when they turn it around it will be even sweeter when they climb back on top after i stuck it through the hard times


Agreed also, which reinforces the idea that they should see what they can get for Upton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jdub
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 May 2009
Posts: 3582
Location: Mesa, AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Agreed also, which reinforces the idea that they should see what they can get for Upton.


I don't think we should trade Upton.
He has one of the brightest futures in baseball, and he'll still be around by the time we could contend again. He's under control through 2015, and isn't near his prime yet.

Also, I have no faith in the trading ability of the ownership, DiPoto, or any new GM.
_________________


Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 7391

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, I had forgotten that they bought out two years of free agency. That does change things. I still don't see them being anything useful until 2014 but since we extended him that isn't as much of an issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 964
Location: Tempe, AZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.


X2


X3


quitters.


x2

i may piss and moan... i my curse and throw a fit... still my team and they are down now, but when they turn it around it will be even sweeter when they climb back on top after i stuck it through the hard times


I'm still here, aren't I?

I went to more games in 2004 that I had in any other season to that date, and I haven't gone to more since. I'm with this team, but the team needs to do what's best for itself in the long run. That would be to blow it up completely and try to do it right the next time around. We had all the ability to compete on a high level for several years and Moorad blew it when he thought the window opened up a year early in 2007. The rest has been downhill, and we don't have the right cogs to to get this machine to propel itself to first place. The cupboard is bare. The seats are empty. I'm much more apt to go to games for a team that's doing things right rather than trying to convince joe average fan that we're trying to win now. We can't do that now.

For now, I'm going to pull for this team despite the fact that it's terrible, and go to games simply to enjoy being at a baseball stadium watching the best game I know.
_________________
\m/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 5271
Location: Sonoran desert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.


X2


X3


quitters.


x2

i may piss and moan... i my curse and throw a fit... still my team and they are down now, but when they turn it around it will be even sweeter when they climb back on top after i stuck it through the hard times


I'm still here, aren't I?

I went to more games in 2004 that I had in any other season to that date, and I haven't gone to more since. I'm with this team, but the team needs to do what's best for itself in the long run. That would be to blow it up completely and try to do it right the next time around. We had all the ability to compete on a high level for several years and Moorad blew it when he thought the window opened up a year early in 2007. The rest has been downhill, and we don't have the right cogs to to get this machine to propel itself to first place. The cupboard is bare. The seats are empty. I'm much more apt to go to games for a team that's doing things right rather than trying to convince joe average fan that we're trying to win now. We can't do that now.

For now, I'm going to pull for this team despite the fact that it's terrible, and go to games simply to enjoy being at a baseball stadium watching the best game I know.


I guess I misunderstood the bolded.
_________________
I have become comfortably numb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1313
Location: Birmingham, UK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.


X2


X3


quitters.


No its called reality. There's no point in ownership spending any significant amounts on trying to get players thinking we are gonna contend next years. Everybody involved with the club from ownership down to the fans knows we are not gonna contend any time soon so it would be prudent and responsible for ownership to invest any savings in players that are gonna be able to help further down the road.

In terms of my own support for the team, that will never dither regardless of whether we are on the verge of a World Series calibre season or about to face 100+ losses on the year. Its not possible for me to get to the games due to my location but ill be following every other possible way i can as i always have and buying merchandise.

It still dont change my distrust in the running of the organisation though..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ValueArb
Veteran Presence


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1896
Location: Post trade WAR, Quentin 3.3, Haren 14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
matt wrote:
Agreed also, which reinforces the idea that they should see what they can get for Upton.


I don't think we should trade Upton.
He has one of the brightest futures in baseball, and he'll still be around by the time we could contend again. He's under control through 2015, and isn't near his prime yet.

Also, I have no faith in the trading ability of the ownership, DiPoto, or any new GM.


We won't be contending by 2015, not with cheapskates Kendrick in charge. He and President Hall can hire all the moronic yesmen they want to try to convince fans that "pitchers wins" is an important measure of a pitcher, but a journeyman will still pitch like one, just like Russ Ortiz did.
_________________
True fans sense a special pain from an owner too cheap to ever field a competitive team, and smile when the idiot GM lackey trades for a crappy starter because his teammates scored lots of runs and held most of his leads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 964
Location: Tempe, AZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
Prosopis wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Oden wrote:
They took the phrase shit or get off the pot too literally. They just better not half-ass their blowing up of the team. If they come into next season with some more "we intend to contend" bullshit after trading their #1 they can suck on it. I really do hope they drop payroll to $40MM next year and do a true blow up between now and spring training. That's the only way I can respect and support the current ownership. Otherwise, I'll not be following them until ownership changes.


X2


X3


quitters.


x2

i may piss and moan... i my curse and throw a fit... still my team and they are down now, but when they turn it around it will be even sweeter when they climb back on top after i stuck it through the hard times


I'm still here, aren't I?

I went to more games in 2004 that I had in any other season to that date, and I haven't gone to more since. I'm with this team, but the team needs to do what's best for itself in the long run. That would be to blow it up completely and try to do it right the next time around. We had all the ability to compete on a high level for several years and Moorad blew it when he thought the window opened up a year early in 2007. The rest has been downhill, and we don't have the right cogs to to get this machine to propel itself to first place. The cupboard is bare. The seats are empty. I'm much more apt to go to games for a team that's doing things right rather than trying to convince joe average fan that we're trying to win now. We can't do that now.

For now, I'm going to pull for this team despite the fact that it's terrible, and go to games simply to enjoy being at a baseball stadium watching the best game I know.


I guess I misunderstood the bolded.


I can't be bothered to read everything I support! It's the Arizona SB1070 way! Wink
_________________
\m/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dbacks_Nation
Veteran Presence


Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 2473
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just how many high percentage pitchers, ones who win 20 games in a season, turn out like Russ Ortiz?
_________________
Fire Mel Stottlemyre Jr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group