Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dodger Problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sb24ws2005
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4021
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Dodger Problems Reply with quote

It is now 5-0 STL in the third inning, watching Lowe get ripped for the second straight start. His hip bothered him when he was hitting in the same inning and it was surprising to see him go back to the mound limping.

With Schmidt and Wolf still out and Tomko struggling, it is going to difficult for LA to continue to keep in the race. Penny is the only dependable starter left in their rotation, although Billingsley has been solid.

Compounding the problem is their inability to score runs right now (shut out 4 times in the last 5 games). Of course having Kent with injuries certainly helps our cause (OPS of .862). But at least they Luis Gonzalez with a .779 OPS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
allstar
Veteran Presence


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1315
Location: Chandler, AZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgers are probably going to finish the season 4th in division.
Their season has been mixture of bad plays and bad injuries at bad times.
Unfortunate...
_________________
Life is fantastic when you're me. lol.
Studying hard to become the GM of the Diamondbacks. Good luck to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 6829
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodger fans will be calling for Grady Little's head...

5th inning, runners on 2nd and 3rd nobody out.... and the Dodgers can't score.

Derrick Lowe comes up with two outs (with a pretty rested bullpen), and Little lets him bat.... grounds out feebly to short. It's almost like waving the white flag for the game.
_________________
"the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sb24ws2005
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4021
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
Dodger fans will be calling for Grady Little's head...

5th inning, runners on 2nd and 3rd nobody out.... and the Dodgers can't score.

Derrick Lowe comes up with two outs (with a pretty rested bullpen), and Little lets him bat.... grounds out feebly to short. It's almost like waving the white flag for the game.


That was a shocker to me. Rested bullpen...hobbling Lowe...and they have him hit down 5-0? Pretty stupid. Hard to make a case for him with their team not being able to score runs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
allstar
Veteran Presence


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1315
Location: Chandler, AZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New look in the lineup, same result.

Furcal batting leadoff.
Martin at #2.
Loney, Gonzo, Garciappara, the middle of the order.
Ethier and Pierre down to seven.
Martinez at 8 hole.
_________________
Life is fantastic when you're me. lol.
Studying hard to become the GM of the Diamondbacks. Good luck to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whatuwant
Veteran Presence


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 2402
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonzalez is posting a .213 / .226 / .263 since the all star break. Poetic justice if you ask me. He wanted a veteran team to bite Arizona in the ass, and all he got was a redux of his last two teams in Arizona.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatuwant wrote:
Gonzalez is posting a .213 / .226 / .263 since the all star break. Poetic justice if you ask me. He wanted a veteran team to bite Arizona in the ass, and all he got was a redux of his last two teams in Arizona.

At least he didn't get stuck on that AZ team with no veteran leadership.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 6829
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatuwant wrote:
Poetic justice if you ask me. He wanted a veteran team to bite Arizona in the ass, and all he got was a redux of his last two teams in Arizona.


But at least he has OF company--another PV who throws like a girl Wink
_________________
"the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
levski
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 17727

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatuwant wrote:
Gonzalez is posting a .213 / .226 / .263 since the all star break. Poetic justice if you ask me. He wanted a veteran team to bite Arizona in the ass, and all he got was a redux of his last two teams in Arizona.


remember when shoewizard was complaining that Gonzo and Green were hitting well... and I told him to wait for the dog days of summer? Laughing
_________________
"Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first call promising." Cyril Connolly, 'Enemies of Promise'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sb24ws2005
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4021
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grady Little called out his veterans today saying things like, "guys with a track record need to start producing like we planned." I don't have a link - they mentioned it during the Astros/Dodgers game tonight.

Hmmm....could he be talking about a certain LF?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb24ws2005 wrote:
Grady Little called out his veterans today saying things like, "guys with a track record need to start producing like we planned." I don't have a link - they mentioned it during the Astros/Dodgers game tonight.

Hmmm....could he be talking about a certain LF?

.188/.229/.219 with a .448 OPS in August. Old age leading to 2nd half fatigue?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoewizard
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 16313
Location: In front of my computer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful guys....Karma is a bitch. I'd hate to see that he read this board, got pissed off, and went on one of his patented hot streaks. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
allstar
Veteran Presence


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1315
Location: Chandler, AZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgers losing again, by the way, to the Astros.
_________________
Life is fantastic when you're me. lol.
Studying hard to become the GM of the Diamondbacks. Good luck to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DesertKnight
Veteran Presence


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2378
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read through this thread, I fail to see the problem!

The Dodgers losing is in no way a problem for me. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
allstar
Veteran Presence


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1315
Location: Chandler, AZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesertKnight wrote:
Having read through this thread, I fail to see the problem!

The Dodgers losing is in no way a problem for me. Very Happy


Ditto that. Wink
_________________
Life is fantastic when you're me. lol.
Studying hard to become the GM of the Diamondbacks. Good luck to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 6829
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb24ws2005 wrote:

Hmmm....could he be talking about a certain LF?


After the Astros took an extra base and went to third on a routine out to LF, the Houston announcers took some jabs at the weak armed Dodger OF (tho they admitted that Ethier had a good arm in RF) Wink
_________________
"the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DesertKnight
Veteran Presence


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2378
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
Be careful guys....Karma is a bitch. I'd hate to see that he read this board, got pissed off, and went on one of his patented hot streaks. Twisted Evil


What's he gonna do, hit .220 the rest of the way??

Razz

Besides, after last year, I doubt Gonzo EVER reads this board!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shoewizard
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 16313
Location: In front of my computer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesertKnight wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Be careful guys....Karma is a bitch. I'd hate to see that he read this board, got pissed off, and went on one of his patented hot streaks. Twisted Evil


What's he gonna do, hit .220 the rest of the way??

Razz

Besides, after last year, I doubt Gonzo EVER reads this board!!


He's gotten rather droopy lately, but he is still very capable of having a month over .900 OPS, don't kid yourself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
DesertKnight wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Be careful guys....Karma is a bitch. I'd hate to see that he read this board, got pissed off, and went on one of his patented hot streaks. Twisted Evil

What's he gonna do, hit .220 the rest of the way??

Razz

Besides, after last year, I doubt Gonzo EVER reads this board!!

He's gotten rather droopy lately, but he is still very capable of having a month over .900 OPS, don't kid yourself.

The last time Luis managed a .900 OPS in August or September was 2003. Not likely to happen in 2007.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 6829
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:

The last time Luis managed a .900 OPS in August or September was 2003. Not likely to happen in 2007.
S'long as he doesn't do it during the 2nd & 3rd week in September... no problem.
_________________
"the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jimbo4net
Play by Play Man


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 55360

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Dodgers place Nomar Garciaparra on DL Reply with quote

The Los Angeles Dodgers' postseason hopes took another hit on Tuesday when third baseman Nomar Garciaparra was placed on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained left calf muscle. Garciaparra said the injury has plagued him for more than a week.

"We all have injuries and you deal with them. It wasn't an easy decision," said Garciaparra, who is on the DL for the ninth time in his career and third time in less than two seasons with the Dodgers.

"I was still running hard throughout the week and it wasn't bothering me too bad, so I was able to get by with it. But it just got progressively worse," he said. "So before it gets really bad, I figured let's try to control this and put a stop to it now."

Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.J. Simers of The Los Angeles Times wrote:
Gonzalez apparently declined to feign an injury, so the old man was simply removed from the lineup so that another kid, Matt Kemp, might take his place. Gonzalez last homered July 18, the Dodgers going into a tailspin ever since, which makes this ongoing disaster obviously his fault.

"Does this mean you're finished?" I said, knowing the Dogs now will do everything they can to play next year's outfield together of Juan Pierre, Andre Ethier and Kemp.

"I signed a one-year deal here, but I'm not ready to retire," said Gonzalez, who will turn 40 the first week of September -- making him old enough to be the father of some of the Dogs' youngsters.

"You probably think I'm finished," Gonzalez said. "Say I go out in the next three or four games and get really hot. What are you going to do then?"

"Faint," I said. I'd be shocked if he even gets the chance to start again in the next three or four games.

link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DBACKSHEELSPANTHS
Veteran Presence


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2251
Location: Colorado Springs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
T.J. Simers of The Los Angeles Times wrote:
Gonzalez apparently declined to feign an injury, so the old man was simply removed from the lineup so that another kid, Matt Kemp, might take his place. Gonzalez last homered July 18, the Dodgers going into a tailspin ever since, which makes this ongoing disaster obviously his fault.

"Does this mean you're finished?" I said, knowing the Dogs now will do everything they can to play next year's outfield together of Juan Pierre, Andre Ethier and Kemp.

"I signed a one-year deal here, but I'm not ready to retire," said Gonzalez, who will turn 40 the first week of September -- making him old enough to be the father of some of the Dogs' youngsters.

"You probably think I'm finished," Gonzalez said. "Say I go out in the next three or four games and get really hot. What are you going to do then?"

"Faint," I said. I'd be shocked if he even gets the chance to start again in the next three or four games.

link



DAMN! lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilJuan
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 13940
Location: The carpark outside Milliways

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
T.J. Simers of The Los Angeles Times wrote:

"You probably think I'm finished," Gonzalez said. "Say I go out in the next three or four games and get really hot. What are you going to do then?"

"Faint," I said. I'd be shocked if he even gets the chance to start again in the next three or four games.

link


Wow. Simers savaged Garciaparra and Kent as well as Gonzo; with a side helping of Hillenbrand. Apparently, some people are not happy in LALA-land...

BTW: The link requires registration. For those who don't want to register, the following worked for me:

Username: latimes2@bugmenot.com
Password: qwerty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 6829
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Apparently, some people are not happy in LALA-land...



I heard a LOT of very frustrated and pissed off Dodger fans calling in to the post mortem radio shows when I was out there for the Dbacks series. It'll be even more intense now!
_________________
"the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group