Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vick and a ham sandwich indicted for illegal dog fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the speculation begin!

Bob Cook at MSNBC believes someone will sign Vick once he's released from jail, if he hasn't been suspended for life by the NFL:

Quote:
With Michael Vick copping a plea to dogfighting charges and likely to serve jail time, will he ever play in the NFL again?

Of COURSE he will! If Leonard Little can get drunk and kill a woman with his car and still play, then someone in the NFL ó someone who presumably does not donate to PETA ó will give Vick another chance.

Cook thinks at least one of the following teams will offer Vock a chance to play QB:

Washington
Dallas
Kansas City
Green Bay
Oakland
Minnesota
Miami
New England
Cleveland

Best humorous quote from the article:

Quote:
OAKLAND
Why itís possible: Itís the Raiders -- youíre probably wondering how I went this long before getting to them.

Why it might not happen: Vick takes one look at that offensive line, and figures he was safer in prison.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:

Quote:
OAKLAND
Why itís possible: Itís the Raiders -- youíre probably wondering how I went this long before getting to them.

Why it might not happen: Vick takes one look at that offensive line, and figures he was safer in prison.

Ah but in prison that dangerous offensive line is behind him rather than blocking ahead of him. Shocked
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Let the speculation begin!

Bob Cook at MSNBC believes someone will sign Vick once he's released from jail, if he hasn't been suspended for life by the NFL:

Quote:
With Michael Vick copping a plea to dogfighting charges and likely to serve jail time, will he ever play in the NFL again?

Of COURSE he will! If Leonard Little can get drunk and kill a woman with his car and still play, then someone in the NFL ó someone who presumably does not donate to PETA ó will give Vick another chance.

Cook thinks at least one of the following teams will offer Vock a chance to play QB:

Washington
Dallas
Kansas City
Green Bay
Oakland
Minnesota
Miami
New England
Cleveland

Quote:
OAKLAND

that happens i dont go to a game until he is off the team....my season tix go bye-bye
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indefinite Suspension
TAP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In related news as heard on KTAR 92.3 FM just now, the rapper known as DMX had a search warrant served on his Cave Creek home today as neighbors had reported the presence of a dozen or so starving pitbulls on his property. The malnourished dogs were found and rescued. Also found were cars with unmatching license plates, a large stock of weapons, and drugs.

Never has one breed of dogs been so mistreated as this; Firstly by idiots that starve and abuse them for their own sick purposes, and secondly by the media who chooses only to report the end result of the behavior of those abused dogs rather than showing the thousands of gentle loving family dogs from this breed.
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People on wikipedia are quick. It's already up there.

This isn't the first time for DMX either. He plead guilty in 2002 for something similar.

Humane Society wrote:
A few years ago, DMX admitted that he named his album, Grand Champion, in homage to top-notch fighting dogs, and in 2002 he pled guilty to animal cruelty for having 13 neglected pit bulls in his possession. One major record label has even gone so far as to market its own line of dog foodó"Game Dog Professional"ócomplete with a picture of a fearsome, well-muscled pit bull on the bag.

TAP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out there was more pressure for a plea agreement than we realized...

shoewizard
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that was the jury pool? Wink
jimbo4net
Play by Play Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Turns out there was more pressure for a plea agreement than we realized...

Great pic. Too funny... Laughing
TAP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give credit where credit's due -- it came to me via an email from shoe. Wink
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey he said he was "sorry" and that the "found Jesus" can we just pardon him now? I'm sure he feels really bad that he got caught.
TAP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
I'm sure he feels really bad that he got caught.

Yep. And had his posse not turned on him and left him with no options, he'd be fighting this in court today denying every detail. The apology was a tactical move for a lighter sentence.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
matt wrote:
I'm sure he feels really bad that he got caught.

Yep. And had his posse not turned on him and left him with no options, he'd be fighting this in court today denying every detail. The apology was a tactical move for a lighter sentence.

Someone -- I didn't catch the name -- was on SportCenter the day before the plea was entered. This commentator said something to the effect of, the only way Vick had a prayer of ever playing again in the NFL was to admit his guilt, take all the blame, say he was sorry, and ask to be forgiven.

When I saw the actual tape of Vick, it was almost as if his statement had been scripted along the lines of the ESPN commentator... Shocked
Orlando Thill Hudson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Vick hater, for a number of reasons. He beat my school(Clemson) during his two years at VT. He killed the Panthers for a couple of years before we got his number and absolutely blasted him the last four meetings.

To put it kindly, I've always been one of his detractors based upon his shady character and ineptitude at playing quarterback. I once wrote an article for our website calling him the "most overrated athlete of our generation".

Still, I found him to be sincere. During that four minutes, I found myself turning a bit on this one. If that was an act, then he's a better actor than he is quarterback. He actually seemed humble and contrite. I'm glad he realizes that overall scope of people that he hurt with these actions. It's not just him and his family. It's not even just the Falcons. It's a ton of people who depended on him or worshipped him(the kids, man, the kids).

He'll have to back up that statement with actions over the next 5-10 years, but I don't think he could have given a better statement.

Some people want to kill Vick for not coming clean sooner. In a perfect world, he should. I can't really know how I'd react when faced with 5 years of time in the federal pen, though. I feel like it's human nature to cover your tracks and do whatever it takes to preserve your freedom(even if that means lying about a crime).

People will say that "he's sorry he got caught" and that's probably a fair statement. Publically, he wasn't sorry until he got caught. Don't you think there's been at least a bit of sorrow all along, though? I don't think Vick's a monster and I'm willing to wait and see where he goes from here. Personally, I wish the Falcons would take him back. As long as he was quarterback, they weren't going to snif a Super Bowl.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orlando Thill Hudson wrote:
I'm a Vick hater, for a number of reasons. He beat my school(Clemson) during his two years at VT. He killed the Panthers for a couple of years before we got his number and absolutely blasted him the last four meetings.

To put it kindly, I've always been one of his detractors based upon his shady character and ineptitude at playing quarterback. I once wrote an article for our website calling him the "most overrated athlete of our generation".

Still, I found him to be sincere. During that four minutes, I found myself turning a bit on this one. If that was an act, then he's a better actor than he is quarterback. He actually seemed humble and contrite. I'm glad he realizes that overall scope of people that he hurt with these actions. It's not just him and his family. It's not even just the Falcons. It's a ton of people who depended on him or worshipped him(the kids, man, the kids).

He'll have to back up that statement with actions over the next 5-10 years, but I don't think he could have given a better statement.

Some people want to kill Vick for not coming clean sooner. In a perfect world, he should. I can't really know how I'd react when faced with 5 years of time in the federal pen, though. I feel like it's human nature to cover your tracks and do whatever it takes to preserve your freedom(even if that means lying about a crime).

People will say that "he's sorry he got caught" and that's probably a fair statement. Publically, he wasn't sorry until he got caught. Don't you think there's been at least a bit of sorrow all along, though? I don't think Vick's a monster and I'm willing to wait and see where he goes from here. Personally, I wish the Falcons would take him back. As long as he was quarterback, they weren't going to snif a Super Bowl.

well i did like him, i thought he was going to be good, until about 2005 and i was realizing he will be what he was on the field, a play maker but not a winner. i like to watch him play, he has a whip for an arm and legs like a jag....

BUT

now, i would not piss on his face if it was on fire.... im am not turning back to liking him after that 4 minute speech...he had no other choice but to sound like he realized he made a mistake....

as for him being sorry all along....NO WAY IN HELL because more than anything the premedatation is so overwelming!!! he bought the land, designed the house and landscape, built the house and had his family live there, all for this bad newz kennels...the name alone is not scream premedatation i dont know what is.....then he bank rolled the whole thing and helped kill some dogs.....the bank rolling is what the NFL is going to nail his ass for.

IMHO he is sorry, sorry he pissed away 100mil dollar contract, sorry he shit on a nike contract, and many other deals he could have had, yes he is sorry that he got caught, and i feel this way b/c there is so much to show he was so much invested in it, he would have kept this going for as long as he could until he got caught....hell he killed dogs just 2 months before this came out!!!

i hope they give him the max, this is not the case of a guy in the wrong place at the worng time.....it is a case of the head of the "bad newz kennels" thinking he was not doing anything wrong, and if he was his name would get him out of any trouble he might have gotting in,

well Vick enjoy being somones bitch you heartless piece of shit scumbag then after i hope no football league takes you (i know the CFL, AFL, or AFL2 would take you, im sure to line some owners pockets) and you are stuck in the depths of some shitty flag league you can be a star again in Newport News VA.

off soapbox
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like him to become a wide receiver in jail but as part of his plea arrangement he's going to snitch and if things go really well for him he might end up with a slap on the wrist.
shoewizard
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It saddens me when people that have been blessed with talents that allow them to receive unbelievable benefit in this life, piss it all away by stupid, immoral, repugnant behavior. There are many victims here, not only the poor animals. Vicks family and close friends are hurt and devastated, and of course what Vick has done to himself is a tragedy too.

Just sad that people can be so stupid and so bad.
Orlando Thill Hudson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
It saddens me when people that have been blessed with talents that allow them to receive unbelievable benefit in this life, piss it all away by stupid, immoral, repugnant behavior. There are many victims here, not only the poor animals. Vicks family and close friends are hurt and devastated, and of course what Vick has done to himself is a tragedy too.

Just sad that people can be so stupid and so bad.

Well stated. I can't rejoice with this. Even though I hate Vick, it sucks donkey balls that he's done this to himself.
coop981
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
I'd like him to become a wide receiver in jail but as part of his plea arrangement he's going to snitch and if things go really well for him he might end up with a slap on the wrist.

If he does spend time in prison, one position he probably wont qualify to play once released is tight end.
whatuwant
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coop981 wrote:
matt wrote:

If he does spend time in prison, one position he probably wont qualify to play once released is tight end.

what about tailback? Shocked
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatuwant wrote:
coop981 wrote:
matt wrote:

what about tailback? Shocked

Maybe he'll learn how to become a long snapper.
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV producer pays $10,200 for notes from Vick's apology why someone paid for this who knows

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TAP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb..........

While awaiting federal sentencing for heading up the dogfighting ring, Michael Vick's September 13 court-ordered urine test registered positive for marijuana.

On Tuesday, Vick also was indicted on state charges of beating or killing or causing dogs to fight other dogs and engaging in or promoting dogfighting. Each felony is punishable by up to five years in prison.

ESPN.com
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is laughable at this point how stupid this guy is.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
This is laughable at this point how stupid this guy is.

Can't help but wonder how much of the "stupidity" is the result of having been catered to because of his talent; leading him (among others) to a point of view that says, in effect, "I can have, and do, anything I want -- and someone else will clean up the mess."

Now he's finding otherwise... Hopefully, he'll learn something positive from the experience, and make some changes in his life...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: