Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vick and a ham sandwich indicted for illegal dog fighting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Vick and a ham sandwich indicted for illegal dog fighting Reply with quote

NFL Quarterback Michael Vick Indicted in Dog Fighting Case
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A federal grand jury indicted Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick Tuesday in an investigation into illegal dog fighting.

Vick and three others are charged with violating federal laws against competitive dog fighting, procuring and training pit bulls for it and conducting the enterprise across state lines.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 years ago we rescued (from a dog rescue organization) a 4-month old pitbull that had his ears sliced off (not cropped mind you, but completely sliced off) who had been used as training bait for dog fighters in Phoenix. He had escaped, found his way to a home who let him in, laid down and crashed for about 4 hours, thus earning his name "Crash."

He's one of the sweetest, most well-adjusted dogs we've ever had and I've often told my wife I'd love to get ahold of the cretin that does this to dogs and slice his ears off. Animal abuse is one of my 3 big hot buttons. Evil or Very Mad
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
He's one of the sweetest, most well-adjusted dogs we've ever had and I've often told my wife I'd love to get ahold of the cretin that does this to dogs and slice his ears off. Animal abuse is one of my 3 big hot buttons. Evil or Very Mad

Animal abusers deserve a good ass kicking!
diamondbacker
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XB3 wrote:
TAP wrote:

Animal abusers deserve a good ass kicking!

Amen.

If this is true, Vick is a sick, disgusting man.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heard on espn news this morning....in the papers that were filed he had a dogs electricuted, hung, drowned and lastly......threw to the ground until they died!

if this is all true he is a POS 100% and when ever i see him i will think of the dogs not his football
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Dangerfield
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a big subculture, this pitbull thing? We need a comic book hero, where's Macfarlane, never underestimate how decrepit us humans our. Now you know why, the 7 am rule, is important.
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
heard on espn news this morning....in the papers that were filed he had a dogs electricuted, hung, drowned and lastly......threw to the ground until they died!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of thoughts.

1. The FO of the Falcons are probably catching hell right now. They face a dilemma that isn't likely to make anyone happy.

a. Let him play while awaiting his trial
b. Suspend him with pay pending his trial
c. Cut him and take a massive salary cap hit

2. I believe Vick would be a major team distraction if he is allowed to play. Not only would the press be all over him, but the fans would likely be brutal.

3. On KTARs Doug & Wolf show, one of them claimed that 95% of people indicted by a FEDERAL grand jury are found guilty. I don't know if that is true, but it doesn't bode well for the Falcons.

4. I won't be taking Vick in any fantasy leagues this season.
Chris24YoungFan
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would take Vick unless it were a last couple of rounds, back up QB situation..
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris24Young wrote:
Who would take Vick unless it were a last couple of rounds, back up QB situation..

+ Oakland Raiders
+ Baltimore Ravens
+ Philadelphia Eagles
+ Dallas Cowboys
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Chris24Young wrote:

+ Oakland Raiders
+ Baltimore Ravens
+ Philadelphia Eagles
+ Dallas Cowboys

EJ, I think C24Y was talking about drafting in a fantasy league.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XB3 wrote:
EvilJuan wrote:
Chris24Young wrote:

+ Oakland Raiders
+ Baltimore Ravens
+ Philadelphia Eagles
+ Dallas Cowboys

If so, it's posted in the wrong forum... and needs to go here...
Chris24YoungFan
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
XB3 wrote:
EvilJuan wrote:
Chris24Young wrote:

+ Oakland Raiders
+ Baltimore Ravens
+ Philadelphia Eagles
+ Dallas Cowboys

If so, it's posted in the wrong forum... and needs to go here...
I was just responding to his post.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris24Young wrote:
I was just responding to his post.

No worries! Wink

Going back to my list of teams, the point I was trying to make is that there always seems to be at least one team willing to pick up a player who has a less than wonderful background, thinking that they can do what is needed to "turn" that player around... On that basis, in the real world, unless Vick-- who may, or may not, be guilty -- gets jail time, I'd expect a team to pick him up should the Falcons drop him... Shocked
TAP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick's signature shoe, the Nike Zoom Vick V, is scheduled to be released in stores on Aug. 23 for a suggested retail price of $100. Though Nike spokesman Brian Facchini declined to comment on the Vick charges -- he chose to read a statement that said, "We are aware of the indictment and are reviewing the information and have no further information at this time" -- he did confirm that the Vick shoe is still scheduled to be released.
link

The Nike Zoom Vick V -- Your perfect accessory for
stomping throats of insufficiently ferocious dogs.

JUST DO IT Shocked
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the "positive" side Rolling Eyes , this is giving politicians a chance to grandstand and show off their rhetorical wares:

Quote:
Democratic Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia, who has addressed lawmakers often about his love for animals, shook with emotion during a forceful condemnation of dogfighting.

"Barbaric," shouted the senator. "Let that word resound from hill to hill and from mountain to mountain and from valley to valley across this broad land. Barbaric!"

TAP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
On the "positive" side Rolling Eyes , this is giving politicians a chance to grandstand and show off their rhetorical wares:
Quote:
Democratic Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia, who has addressed lawmakers often about his love for animals, shook with emotion during a forceful condemnation of dogfighting.

"Barbaric," shouted the senator. "Let that word resound from hill to hill and from mountain to mountain and from valley to valley across this broad land. Barbaric!"

This is the Senator that was a former member in good standing of the KKK? Laughing
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard too that Byrd stated he would support legislation for the death penalty for animal abusers.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
moviegeekjn wrote:
Quote:

This is the Senator that was a former member in good standing of the KKK? Laughing

XB3 wrote:
I heard too that Byrd stated he would support legislation for the death penalty for animal abusers.

Remarkable progress, considering what the KKK thinks of minorities... Shocked
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
moviegeekjn wrote:
Quote:

off topic, but I wonder if Byrd actually is one of the rare cases of people who actually had true change in their opinions or if he just says the right things to keep his party happy.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL Commissioner has ordered Vick to not report to the Falcons training camp pending the league's investigation of the dogfighting allegations. (Via the crawl on ESPN)
jimbo4net
Play by Play Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: NFL Benches Michael Vick Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
The NFL Commissioner has ordered Vick to not report to the Falcons training camp pending the league's investigation of the dogfighting allegations. (Via the crawl on ESPN)

To add:
The NFL said Vick would still get his preseason pay and Goodell told the Falcons to withhold any disciplinary action of their own until the league's review was completed.

Goodell told Vick the league would complete its review as quickly as possible and that he expected full cooperation. The review is expected to involve conversations with federal law enforcement officials so the NFL can determine the strength of the case against Vick.

NFL Benches Michael Vick
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also according to last night's ESPN news ticker:

The county attorney in Virginia said that Vick will not be charged in the dogfighting case.

I suppose the door is still open should new evidence arise; and there's still the federal charges pending...
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that should be taken as VA may press charges if the feds lose. They would rather have him end up in a Federal Pound Me In the Ass prison.
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
...Federal Pound Me In the Ass prison.

lol ... PMITA ... my Fark kindred spirit. Has "Mustard Man" ever been featured here?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: