Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jarrod Parker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Just read a blurb on BPro about Parker. Nothing really new, but Will Carroll said that he's talented enough to get back on track quickly and thinks he could be pitching in games by August. I like the sound of that.

A handful of innings in the AFL would be more than enough work in my book. Come into camp healthy in 2011 and win a rotation job.

JB was in the booth a couple games ago and reiterated Dre's comments about the AFL. It seemed like that was where Byrne's wanted him to wind up.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
Dre wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:
Just read a blurb on BPro about Parker. Nothing really new, but Will Carroll said that he's talented enough to get back on track quickly and thinks he could be pitching in games by August. I like the sound of that.

A handful of innings in the AFL would be more than enough work in my book. Come into camp healthy in 2011 and win a rotation job.

JB was in the booth a couple games ago and reiterated Dre's comments about the AFL. It seemed like that was where Byrne's wanted him to wind up.

as long he is in the rotation in 2011
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw or heard somewhere he threw a pen with breaking balls.

Cant wait to see him in the fall league.

Hell if he is ready give him a start in Sept up here. Wink
dbacks watcher
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down Tommy John surgery takes time to recover from correctly even in the best of circumstances. Going slow is best for his long term career.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbacks watcher wrote:
Calm down Tommy John surgery takes time to recover from correctly even in the best of circumstances. Going slow is best for his long term career.

i think he was joking, but i also am pumped to hear about this....

keep moving slow with him... for sure

maybe limit his innings some next year in the begining of the year in AA or AAA... and i would love to see him july 1st 2011
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
Saw or heard somewhere he threw a pen with breaking balls.

Cant wait to see him in the fall league.

Hell if he is ready give him a start in Sept up here. Wink

If true im truly excited by that news. Jarrod represents the future of this ballclub and his presence in the rotation next year could be vital now with a significant drop in budget likely.
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cue unfair expectations in 3...2...1... shit. Already happened. Nevermind.

Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
Cue unfair expectations in 3...2...1... shit. Already happened. Nevermind.

Perhaps it is unfair to heap such pressure on a young pitcher coming of Tommy John surgery but lets face it this teams rotation is gonna be put together with a greatly reduced budget next year. This does inevitably mean we are gonna lean on Jarrod hopefully being able to fill one of the spots.

Assuming we retain Haren and possibly trade Edwin Jackson either before the trade deadline or in the offseason that will leave us with Haren, Kennedy, Lopez and scrubs. With all the implications a reduced budget will have on the whole roster i cannot imagine the owners will sanction any meaniful free agent pitcher signings to shore up the holes left. We'd have three spots to fill from whats available at the club and the disregarded left over free agents. Though we'd like the club to ease Jarrod into the big leagues, the circumstance he will enter into spring training next year will likely mean he will be required to fill the #4 or #5 spots next year.

Jarrod was considered by many to be the best pitching prospect in the minor leagues before his injury last year and he represents the best chance this club has had in producing an elite starting pitcher since Brandon Webb (Brett Anderson qualifies but im referring to players we've brought into the major leagues). This does lead to many of us who have seen his progress through the minor leagues expecting big things of him in the future.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: