Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jarrod Parker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbacks watcher
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry there is nothing lazy about rehab!!!!!!
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrod will have a really long and difficult road ahead of him, and I wish him the best. He sounds like a smart and determined kid, and it's such a shame that he needed the surgery. I hope he recovers fast and regains his pre-surgery form - and is even stronger than before. Such a bad break for him.

Hang in there, Jarrod.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrod Parker yesterday wrote:
It's been a really good week in terms of rehab and my progression is very good. My rehab days are pretty easy but they take some time, with myself and the rehab team being very detailed. I usually get up around 7:00 am get dressed, brush my teeth, get rid of my bedhead and grab a Gatorade or water as I walk out the door. Everyone that knows me or has seen me in the mornings knows I'm not a very pleasant person and usually not very personable. I have about a 15-20 min. drive to the complex depending on Tucson traffic which can be a toss up on any day.

Once I get to the complex I usually review my program and plans for the day. Usually the day starts with an ice treatment and catching up on whats on ESPN. Since my scar is healing well I've been able to use the whirlpools, what I do is usually 1 min. in cold and 2 min. in hot for about 4-5 rotations. Following the whirlpool treatment I start my wrist and elbow stretching and range of motioin exercises. These usually can be done on my own but when I'm finished our training staff wants to see my progression and they help me get more movement. An important thing that people quickly forget is how crucial it is keeping your shoulder strong throughtout all this. This week was the first week I was able to start moving my leg more freely, I was able to get on the bike and loosen my knee and hamstring up. We have been focusing a lot on the small stuff and there are some new things we add to my program daily, which I love cause I am always willing to try new exercises and get better.
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrod Parker talks to MLB.com Jonathan Mayo at the Rookie Career Development Program - http://bit.ly/5PdvaS

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
Jarrod Parker talks to MLB.com Jonathan Mayo at the Rookie Career Development Program - http://bit.ly/5PdvaS

Jarrod Parker wrote:
The organization we're in, you go straight from AA and not even blink an eye
Smile
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I just in a cynical mood or does that seem like a bit of a diss?
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrod to start throwing a baseball today.

mlb.com
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. O. N. D. wrote:

mlb.com

to me, i hope they keep his innings down this year so they do not over tax his arm, and next year give him a full plate of games to start in 2011
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
B. O. N. D. wrote:

mlb.com

to me, i hope they keep his innings down this year so they do not over tax his arm, and next year give him a full plate of games to start in 2011

\

Didnt you hear? His new personal pitching coach is none other than Bob Brenly!
TAP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrod Parker last night wrote:
With all my buddies and fellow teammates breaking camp to long season teams, I've found myself in unfamiliar territory. It was good to have all those guys around during spring training to take my mind off the grind of my current rehab. Things have been going real good in my current throwing program and have not had any complaints following my surgery!

I am currently throwing at 120 ft and starting to work in throwing change-ups at 60 ft as i finish my long toss. That is the main point to my throwing program, finishing up the long toss program and building endurance in my elbow and shoulder. Im really looking forward to my mound progression which begins in early May, as long as this rehab has been I am beginning to see the light at the end of tunnel.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
With all my buddies and fellow teammates breaking camp to long season teams, I've found myself in unfamiliar territory. It was good to have all those guys around during spring training to take my mind off the grind of my current rehab. Things have been going real good in my current throwing program and have not had any complaints following my surgery!

I am currently throwing at 120 ft and starting to work in throwing change-ups at 60 ft as i finish my long toss. That is the main point to my throwing program, finishing up the long toss program and building endurance in my elbow and shoulder. Im really looking forward to my mound progression which begins in early May, as long as this rehab has been I am beginning to see the light at the end of tunnel.

wh os back first parker or webb?

Dre
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
TAP wrote:

wh os back first parker or webb?

Webb or this season is really screwed

I'd be happy if Parker had a few AFL outings and was 100% ready to go on 2011 Spring Training Day 1.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we got any updates on mr. parker?

think he might make 2011 rotation? Very Happy

Dre
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:

that's the word if all this rehab goes according to plan
dbacks_Nation
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:

Haren, Jackson, Kennedy, Parker, Lopez/Benson Smile
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick's latest on Parker

Quote:
Byrnes said RHP Jarrod Parker is continuing to progress in recovery from Tommy John surgery, throwing from about 130 feet. Apparently, Parker keeps insisting that he feels so good that he can be back sometime during the summer, but the Diamondbacks are going to be extra cautious with him.

I know we've heard this before from recovering pitchers but i like the optimism from Parker and though i want him to be cautios and take his time i really like the fact that he is so pumped about making a swift return.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt-Back wrote:
Nick's latest on Parker

Quote:
Byrnes said RHP Jarrod Parker is continuing to progress in recovery from Tommy John surgery, throwing from about 130 feet. Apparently, Parker keeps insisting that he feels so good that he can be back sometime during the summer, but the Diamondbacks are going to be extra cautious with him.

I know we've heard this before from recovering pitchers but i like the optimism from Parker and though i want him to be cautios and take his time i really like the fact that he is so pumped about making a swift return.

dont let him pitch, rehab and keep him on course i dont care how good he feels....

let him rehab and ready to be the #4 in chase in 2011

jaronson86
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how good Parker will be but with his work ethic I can see him in the league a very long time. I love having a guy like this in the organization.
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
dont let him pitch, rehab and keep him on course i dont care how good he feels....

You gotta remember, it's his arm, not the organization's arm. You can't just tell him what to do. You have to make sure he's on board with the program every step of the way. Otherwise, you have over-protective-parents syndrome. Last thing you want is a rebel in the house. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaronson86 wrote:
I have no idea how good Parker will be but with his work ethic I can see him in the league a very long time. I love having a guy like this in the organization.

It all depends on how he recovers from the TJ but before the injury he was considered on par if not better then the likes of Tommy Hanson and Derek Holland. If he comes back at what he was pre-injury he could be the ace of our pitching in a couple of years.
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read a blurb on BPro about Parker. Nothing really new, but Will Carroll said that he's talented enough to get back on track quickly and thinks he could be pitching in games by August. I like the sound of that.
Dre
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
Just read a blurb on BPro about Parker. Nothing really new, but Will Carroll said that he's talented enough to get back on track quickly and thinks he could be pitching in games by August. I like the sound of that.

A handful of innings in the AFL would be more than enough work in my book. Come into camp healthy in 2011 and win a rotation job.
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre wrote:
Guitar Salad wrote:

A handful of innings in the AFL would be more than enough work in my book. Come into camp healthy in 2011 and win a rotation job.

This.

I know its not a particularly similar situation but we should've learned from the Brandon Webb scenario last year. Give Parker pretty much most of this season to regain his arm strength and throwing motion and then build up a little form with some innings in the AFL and just target a healthy Parker to be ready for camp in 2011.
TAP

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parker to Throw Bullpen Session Monday
jaronson86
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right now it's kind of day-to-day with how I feel on the mound, but I'm going to bust my butt to be back as quickly as I can. That's just how I am.

I think I will quickly have a new favorite D-Back once this guy comes up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: