Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Suns thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David B
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrick? I see him as more of a role player. I hope Phoenix has more moves up their sleeve, because I don't see this signing, the draft, and locking up Frye, making them better than they were with Stoudamire.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
Warrick? I see him as more of a role player. I hope Phoenix has more moves up their sleeve, because I don't see this signing, the draft, and locking up Frye, making them better than they were with Stoudamire.

X2
Hank
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:

Yeah, but it gets them under the luxury tax threshhold, which I fear is all that Sarver cares about. The dark days have begun for the Suns...
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be much worse. Warrick is a pretty explosive guy who lives above the rim. He's a better natural rebounder than STAT and should bring solid defense. We also don't miss a beat in dunking ability, though he is overall a far inferior offensive player than Amar'e.

I am very curious to see how Hakim will play as a starter in Nash's system. I think there's some potential for greatness here.

Also, the rumor is that the Suns will use their MLE on Frye and then try to do a sign and trade with STAT before signing Warrick. Signings can't be made official until July 8th.
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
dirtygary
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buh-Bye Amare. Got the tweet. Whatever. I'm sorry he never became the complete player he coulda been. He'll get his points, but don't ask him to defend or rebound.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
ESPN's Ric Bucher reports Channing Frye has agreed to a 5 yr, $30 mil deal with Suns, a source with knowledge of the negotiations said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
DouXer4ouR
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suns gonna suck next year...and for a while. Poor Nash.
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
misterx wrote:
ESPN's Ric Bucher reports Channing Frye has agreed to a 5 yr, $30 mil deal with Suns, a source with knowledge of the negotiations said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

According to pundits, all these big contracts they're giving out will be greatly reduced after the owners/union/whateverthefucks get their shit together later this year. That's why players are negotiating for larger than reality sums. That's what I heard on ESPN. Embarassed
David B
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure you can legally reduce a contract once it's been signed off on by both sides, or at least I can't imagine the players negotiating this away during the next CBA meetings. Non-guaranteed money for future contracts, yes. But since the rules in place now call for guaranteed money, I would think these contracts would be grandfathered in.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if the money is guaranteed or not - what kind of an idiot would give Frye $30m??? Methinks the Suns are taking advice from the Suns - and we all know how that will work out...
TAP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing Leandro Barbosa may be traded to either the Celtics or Cavs.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured i would post this here....

IM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY THIS SITE DIDNT HAVE A "WHERE IS KING JAMES GOING"

im sick of him and this dog and pony show.....

no need to reply to my statement, dont want to hi-jack the thread.

just want to thank all of my dbacks fans for not falling into this shit show

Wink
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:

just want to thank all of my dbacks fans for not falling into this shit show

Wink

No point... low interest here since Suns are not even remotely in the mix
Chris24YoungFan
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Suns got a 16.5 mil trade exception from the Knicks for Amare.

Hopefully $arver uses it..
baldmaga
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
Not sure you can legally reduce a contract once it's been signed off on by both sides, or at least I can't imagine the players negotiating this away during the next CBA meetings. Non-guaranteed money for future contracts, yes. But since the rules in place now call for guaranteed money, I would think these contracts would be grandfathered in.

It can be done, and has been done.

In 2005, the NHL CBA agreement included a massive 24% rollback of all salaries, in order to implement the new salary cap.

I could see the NBA players having to make some sacrifices (lower lengths of contracts, less guaranteed money), but I don't think there will be any rolling back in the NBA.
baldmaga
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Suns will make a pair of sign-and-trade deals with New York and Chicago in the Amare Stoudemire acquisition, netting them a $16.5 million trade exception from the Knicks and using part of that for the signing of Hakim Warrick.

They can use the exception over the next year to acquire a player in the $13 million range without having to send any Suns players out of town. New York is expected to receive a second-round pick, as well as about $800,000 in extra salary cap space this year. The Suns then need to use $4 million of that trade exception to acquire Warrick by having Chicago sign him to the contract offer he accepted from the Suns last week. Phoenix would also be expected to receive a second-round pick from Chicago in the deal

Rotoworld via AZ Republic

So basically, the Suns will gain a potentially better 2nd rounder from Chicago than their own and the 13 million trade exception, Knicks gain Amare and a 2nd rounder, and the Bulls gained...uh...a mention in this article...
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually a good time for the Suns to rebuild/suck. They're not going to contend with LA for at least a couple of years, not to mention Miami is going to be the NBA champs for as long as Bron & co. stay healthy in Miami. Sarver can go cheap and I'll be fine with it as long as he can bring in a couple of good drafts.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
David B
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldmaga wrote:
David B wrote:

It can be done, and has been done.

In 2005, the NHL CBA agreement included a massive 24% rollback of all salaries, in order to implement the new salary cap.

I could see the NBA players having to make some sacrifices (lower lengths of contracts, less guaranteed money), but I don't think there will be any rolling back in the NBA.

I don't see any "roll backs" either. It can't be done without the players union signing off on it, and they won't. The NHL owners could plead "state of the sport" and back it up with no real tv contract to speak of. In contrast, the NBA is shooting itself in the foot by crying poverty out of one side of it's mouth and then overpaying for the likes of Darco Milicic and Travis Outlaw.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. The Knicks are such #### losers.

They polluted the airwaves for years, telling fans to watch a horrible #### team so they could get LeBron AND a couple of other good free agents, and all they got in the end is Amar'e??? #### the #### Knicks.
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Ha. The Knicks are such #### losers.

They polluted the airwaves for years, telling fans to watch a horrible #### team so they could get LeBron AND a couple of other good free agents, and all they got in the end is Amar'e??? #### the #### Knicks.

Exactly... One of my movie critic comrades from NY (die hard Knicks fan) was soooo sure that the Knicks were getting Lebron and that Amare was THE key to that deal thought me crazy when I tried telling him what fools the Knicks were (and how that contract was going to haunt their fan base for years to come) and that I strongly felt Lebron would end up in Miami or Cleveland.

Truly horrible day for any Knicks fan.
TAP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open letter tonight from Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert... this is a must read! Shocked

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html
Hank
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Open letter tonight from Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert... this is a must read! Shocked

Wow, bitter much, Mr. Gilbert?
DouXer4ouR
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promising Cleveland a Championship before LeBron wins one? Cmon now we know you feel badly Dan Gilbert but that is not going to happen, don't promise things like that to an already very depressed city.
Otacon
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy went 'insane.'
YBC-Dog
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank wrote:
TAP wrote:

Wow, bitter much, Mr. Gilbert?

Along with millions of other people in Ohio.

It's not like he went to the Yankees for big bucks. The Cavs offered him $30M more to stay and he basically told his hometown team and fans to fuck off and bolted.

I was a fan of LeBron's but I don't think he could have handled this any worse if he tried, with all the buildup to his hour long Crap on Cleveland ESPN Special.

God I almost threw up in my mouth a little when I just thought I might have to root for the Lakers if there ends up being a Lebron vs. Kobe matchup.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 78 of 80

Jump to: