Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gonzo on total bases list
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgndvo
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willinghams injury opening some PT for gonzo.

1 HR away from 350

Now at 51 with 4269. Climbed ahead of Gwynn (4259), Vada Pinson (4264), and Eddie collins (4268).

Only 1 back of brooks robinson in the 50 spot.

Manny hot on his heals only 12 back.
There are great traditions of liberty to defend. I am no partisan man. Where I see infamy I seek to erase it. Party names mean nothing. The tradition of liberty means all. The common people will let it go, oh yes. They will sell liberty for a quieter life
rgndvo
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting at 49 with 4327. climbed ahead of goose goslin (4325) but has ManRam still on his heals (4320). Just one back of Sam Crawford.
There are great traditions of liberty to defend. I am no partisan man. Where I see infamy I seek to erase it. Party names mean nothing. The tradition of liberty means all. The common people will let it go, oh yes. They will sell liberty for a quieter life
shoewizard
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read today that Willingham is back very soon, so Gonzo's at bats will dwindle.
David B
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from watching the Marlins in Seattle on Monday. I got there early to catch BP and brought my camera to snap a few pics. Mostly when I hang out with the autograph seekers by the dugout, the few players that come over are relief pitchers and reserves (Oakland was a notable exception--pretty much their entire starting rotation, plus guys like Barton, and Ellis came over). You hardly ever get any established veterans venture near the fans.

Well, Gonzo was one of the Marlins that came by to sign autographs after BP and he was very courteous. Someone brought up the big home runs he hit in his home run derby win in 2001 (at Safeco) and he smiled. I then mentioned he also had the last big hit of the 2001 season and he smiled even bigger.

He hung around for about 10 minutes signing and chatting with people. Definitely a class act.

Also, Hanley Ramirez came over and signed for about 5 minutes, which surprised me. He, too, seems like a good guy.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
Gonzo was one of the Marlins that came by to sign autographs after BP and he was very courteous. Someone brought up the big home runs he hit in his home run derby win in 2001 (at Safeco) and he smiled. I then mentioned he also had the last big hit of the 2001 season and he smiled even bigger.

He hung around for about 10 minutes signing and chatting with people. Definitely a class act.

Gonzo's always interacted well with fans. That's a part of his job that he truly enjoys. I've heard numerous reports of fans running into Luis in various public places and been told how friendly he was in greeting them.

If he can heal his self-induced scars with the Diamondbacks, he'd be perfect in a public relations position after his on-field days are finished.
rgndvo
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonzo 3 for 4 today with a homer. 2 for 5 yesterday with a double.

Hes currently at 4358 total bases passing Eddie Matthews at 4349. Probably would have a hard time catching Mike Schmidt at 4404 this year.

Hes only 12 doubles away from 600 which would make him one of only 6 players in baseball history with 600 doubles and 350 hrs. (Musial, Yaz, Aaron, Ripken, Bonds the other 5)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: