Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is our offense OK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephon wrote:
Are we still allowed to make cracks abouts 3.6+2?

NO
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
Zephon wrote:
Are we still allowed to make cracks abouts 3.6+2?

NO

What he said goes for me, too.
McCray
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with moviegeek but not eviljuan.
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Not to make a big deal, but... Reply with quote

"Allowed"? Hmmm... Confused

My moderator's tasking usually revolves around removing steroid and other pharmaceutical ads before they even reach your eyes, as well as locking redundent threads and banishing trolls. All worthy endeavors.

Mentioning funny/disturbing/etc. items/folks from other boards we have all frequented and experienced (i.e. shared) seems inevitable, if not unavoidable, and I don't see anything wrong with it per se.

When I see "3.6 +2" it makes me laugh, as it obviously does others. Where's the harm? If it's related to thread hijacking, well, we've got alot of funny guys here and sometimes things degenerate. Whether it's Martha or beer or Oden's avatar or Donut Boy, things happen. It usually only takes a, "so, back to the subject... " to keep things on track.

If I had a nickle for every time I've seen the phrase Casual FanŽ linked to MLB Message BoardŽ in a thread on here, I'd be buying the next few rounds.

What's next? Having Levski refrain from penile analogies?!

A "Serious Only" section"?!

Simply put, I see these boards as social forums centered around the team that we are fans of. That this particular board is graced by some well spoken, intelligent, and insightful fans is a blessing. The humor all of you exhibit is for me also a blessing and that interaction is also a factor in why I come here.

/pseudo-rant off
1golfer1
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2 cents here.... i have found this db to be so incredible i usually only read what's going on, as i find it hard to disagree w/ any of it. so i don't post as much here. but because it is so incredible it's kinda nice to celebrate it, and poke fun at the other db, which i have had enough of.
so, if a few guys wanna have a little fun at the expense of certain posters over there, i don't see the harm... it's not like an entire thread is being hijacked over it, and it's only a few pokes anyway, and i think it reminds us of how good it is here, and how abso-f'ing-lutely miserable it is over there..

i'm just glad i got invited.
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Not to make a big deal, but... Reply with quote

B. O. N. D. wrote:

When I see "3.6 +2" it makes me laugh, as it obviously does others. Where's the harm?

Besides the obvious (thread hijacking that gets people talking about "IT" and the idiocy "over there")... consider what a Troll's motives are.

We KNOW that "IT" comes over here to read posts since he comments about this board pretty frequently, and if he sees refs to his B.S. statistical formula, THAT will just encourage him.

No problem going to that board to trash Trolls, etc., but we really don't need the blatant MLB refs.
TSWINDERS
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1golfer1 wrote:
3.6 compliant!! AAIIIIYYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet to figure out how this works? Taking pitchers with 3.60 ERA's at AA ball? Or do you just look at a guy who has a 4.00 ERA and say well he will be a 3.6 guy? Taking pitchers just on ERA is good way to ruin a pitching staff.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCray wrote:
my new strategy is to be polite to everyone there and backup all my points and avoid insults, and to see how long until they raise a hank-sized mob against me anyway.

Hey, I don't have to be nice and polite to anyone or avoid insults. Dammit. It's my resident evil right. I'm a New Yorker... sort of.

Btw, I'm glad another 9-11 is over. I still have nightmares of the two towers collapsing in front of my eyes...

Anyhow, what's the deal with Hank and the mob?
shoewizard
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

early on....every time Hank Started a game thread, the team lost....so of course it was his fault....hence...

GET HANK!!

But he finally won one.

Now Foulpole is the new jinx. He is banned from starting game threads till 2012
McCray
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
McCray wrote:
my new strategy is to be polite to everyone there and backup all my points and avoid insults, and to see how long until they raise a hank-sized mob against me anyway.

Hey, I don't have to be nice and polite to anyone or avoid insults. Dammit. It's my resident evil right. I'm a New Yorker... sort of.

Btw, I'm glad another 9-11 is over. I still have nightmares of the two towers collapsing in front of my eyes...

glad to hear you got through another 9-11. you had it much much worse than i did out here in AZ, but i still remember that day too clearly, and i didn't want to go through it again. it was bad enough seeing it once, i didn't need to see it again on tv. so i avoided everything, and took in a bad baseball game. i don't have any idea how you survived today, lev. i just don't.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCray wrote:
i don't have any idea how you survived today, lev. i just don't.

re-runs of martha stewart's show on dvr
McCray
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
McCray wrote:
i don't have any idea how you survived today, lev. i just don't.

re-runs of martha stewart's show on dvr

use lotion. otherwise a whole day of martha watching and you'll be chafed.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: