Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
P90x
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Are you guys doing real pull ups or do you use a chair? I need to use a chair. When I started out, I could only do 1.5 pull ups. I can do 5 at a time now but when I do the workouts I still need the chair because you do like 10 sets of them. I think you get a lot more out of it by doing 10-12 assisted pullups than 4 regular ones.

agree.... but i dont have the pull up bar yet Embarassed
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
xjwheelr
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Are you guys doing real pull ups or do you use a chair? I need to use a chair. When I started out, I could only do 1.5 pull ups. I can do 5 at a time now but when I do the workouts I still need the chair because you do like 10 sets of them. I think you get a lot more out of it by doing 10-12 assisted pullups than 4 regular ones.

Through most of it, what I would do is do as many unassisted pullups as I could then finish out with assisted. Near the end I was able to pretty much ditch the chair.

When I started I could do maybe 5-6 pullups unassisted, now I'm at about 12-13. That's the biggest improvment I noticed through the program.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still cant move my arms.... thinking about going to the ER

Wink

THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha I thought this was a damn video game thread. Laughing

I think that Collin Blowhard is doing this on ESPN radio.

Looks like too much work and lack of good food and beer for my interest.

Wink

But hey I did climb a mountain in tucson yesterday and Im doing Pat's run on saturday. Not bad for a fat old man. Laughing
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
Ha I thought this was a damn video game thread. Laughing

I think that Collin Blowhard is doing this on ESPN radio.

Looks like too much work and lack of good food and beer for my interest.

Wink

But hey I did climb a mountain in tucson yesterday and Im doing Pat's run on saturday. Not bad for a fat old man. Laughing

for me it would be a pats run, jog, trot, and walk for me.....ALL IN ONE

matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this morning that I can see my ribcage again. Four more days till my final recovery week! My weight still hasn't changed but I'm definitely looking better.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
I noticed this morning that I can see my ribcage again. Four more days till my final recovery week! My weight still hasn't changed but I'm definitely looking better.

Oh sure. Like those rib implants are supposed to look real?
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while so I thought I'd update. I liked P90x so much I started up again immediately after finishing the first run. This time I did the Classic program. This is the last week before my final recovery week. I'm glad I did the slightly easier lean first because I was so out of shape when I started. I feel great and I'm in such better shape. Ironically, I still haven't lost much weight (~3-5 lbs) but I've lot a lot of body fat.

I've learned to like Plyo. Each time on the third round I want to finish the fourth and skip the fifth but by the time I finish the fourth I know I can finish.

I'm still taking protein powder every day with a smoothie made from banana, milk, ice, yogurt and frozen fruit. I've always been a little uneasy with the powders because they are usually loaded with fake sweeteners and additives, can have high cholesterol, and can be rather high in calories. However, I recently started buying whey protein isolate at Sprouts in the bulk bins. It is $8.99/lb and since it is bulk, you decide how much you want. There are no additives, no cholesterol, and has no flavor at all so it doesn't make your smoothie taste like crap. Also, in a 10g serving there is 9g of protein. Most powders are about 50-75% protein by mass so when you when you guy a 1lb can for $12 you are only getting 0.5-.75 lbs.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: