Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2010: A New Beginning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Diamondbacks earn a playoff spot in 2010?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 25 ]
No
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 38

Author Message
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1313
Location: Birmingham, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
There's plenty of season left to fall below Pittsburgh and Baltimore for that #1 pick.


I can see us perhaps challenge for the #2 spot but i dont see us or anybody coming close to Baltimore for the #1 pick. They are in the toughest division in baseball and are in the american league. They will only get worse with the likely trades of Wiggington and Tejada and even though we are gonna trade players as well the level of competition is not as good. I think the Orioles will have #1 spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hank
Veteran Presence


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-backs will get Pittsburgh, but Baltimore is in a whole other league of suck. D-backs cannot even be best at sucking.

I told Stu before the season that the D-backs would lose 95 games this year, and it looks like I was too optimistic. It pains me that I have to go to the stadium for a game six or seven more times this year...
_________________
2010 Gameday Thread Record: 1-0
2010 In Stadium Record: 4-5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baldmaga
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Louisiana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the "prize" in next year's draft if there even is one? Figures AZ would flame out when there is no Strasburg or Harper to be had...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a prize of that proportion, but I would say Rendon (Rice) is the best player.
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1313
Location: Birmingham, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Not really a prize of that proportion, but I would say Rendon (Rice) is the best player.


Justin's right there is no one superstar talent but there will be elite to be had in the top 5 such Rendon, Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke, Sonny Gray etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qudjy1
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 12060

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt-Back wrote:
Justin wrote:
Not really a prize of that proportion, but I would say Rendon (Rice) is the best player.


Justin's right there is no one superstar talent but there will be elite to be had in the top 5 such Rendon, Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke, Sonny Gray etc.


We should have both the 3 pick, and the 7 pick - so the depth of next years draft is really most important.
_________________
Throw fucking strikes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hank
Veteran Presence


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
Justin wrote:
Not really a prize of that proportion, but I would say Rendon (Rice) is the best player.


Justin's right there is no one superstar talent but there will be elite to be had in the top 5 such Rendon, Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke, Sonny Gray etc.


We should have both the 3 pick, and the 7 pick - so the depth of next years draft is really most important.


Are there two pitchers with bum arms they can draft next year? The scouting department may have its work cut out for it...
_________________
2010 Gameday Thread Record: 1-0
2010 In Stadium Record: 4-5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Goat
Journeyman


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 470

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt-Back wrote:
Justin wrote:
Not really a prize of that proportion, but I would say Rendon (Rice) is the best player.


Justin's right there is no one superstar talent but there will be elite to be had in the top 5 such Rendon, Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke, Sonny Gray etc.


Cole, Purke, and Parker. :drool: If the Dbacks don't screw the pooch and go cheap they should be able to get 2 elite players who are better than any of the options being discussed at 6 this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
misterx
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 8523
Location: do you really care

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
First ESPN rankings are out and we come in a strong #23

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings


THE SHADOW wrote:
Fox Sports has us 22nd in their rankings.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings


boy where they wrong Laughing
_________________


Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1313
Location: Birmingham, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:

We should have both the 3 pick, and the 7 pick - so the depth of next years draft is really most important.


If the Dbacks dont resign Loux and get the #7 pick next year they have an unprotected pick in that they have to sign the person they pick at that spot. This usually leads to teams going for guys willing to sign for slot or below slot i.e. the Nats selecting Storen (projected 2nd/3rd rounder with the #10 in last years draft. You would think that with the money the Dbacks will be saving in cutting so much off the payroll and making savings all over the place they would have the financial leverage to sign top end elite-type talent with both the #3 and #7 picks next years but all im saying dont get carried away and assume that they will as this franchise is not known for doing such things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oden
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 3622
Location: Gilbert, AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still rather have my choice of 5 or 6 guys than 1 or 2.
_________________
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1313
Location: Birmingham, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
I'd still rather have my choice of 5 or 6 guys than 1 or 2.


Then you are gonna love next years draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
allstar
Veteran Presence


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 1315
Location: Chandler, AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High school arm like Daniel Norris will be there.
Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke, Taylor Jungmann. Next year is loaded.
_________________
Life is fantastic when you're me. lol.
Studying hard to become the GM of the Diamondbacks. Good luck to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1313
Location: Birmingham, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allstar wrote:
High school arm like Daniel Norris will be there.
Gerrit Cole, Matt Purke, Taylor Jungmann. Next year is loaded.


Daniel Norris is a stud and is probably the best LHP to come of out high school in a very long time, probably even better than Tyler Matzek and Matt Purke. He could very well be taken in the top 3 so we would need to be there to take him. Id love us to take him with the #3 pick if we have it.


Last edited by Colt-Back on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jdub
Hall of Famer


Joined: 10 May 2009
Posts: 3582
Location: Mesa, AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High upside high school arm?
Neither the first nor second part sounds like us.
_________________


Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt-Back wrote:
TAP wrote:
There's plenty of season left to fall below Pittsburgh and Baltimore for that #1 pick.

I can see us perhaps challenge for the #2 spot but i dont see us or anybody coming close to Baltimore for the #1 pick. They are in the toughest division in baseball and are in the american league. They will only get worse with the likely trades of Wiggington and Tejada and even though we are gonna trade players as well the level of competition is not as good. I think the Orioles will have #1 spot.

With Pittsburgh's win and AZ's loss tonight, the D-backs are now just 1/2 game above the Pirates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 7391

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Colt-Back wrote:
TAP wrote:
There's plenty of season left to fall below Pittsburgh and Baltimore for that #1 pick.

I can see us perhaps challenge for the #2 spot but i dont see us or anybody coming close to Baltimore for the #1 pick. They are in the toughest division in baseball and are in the american league. They will only get worse with the likely trades of Wiggington and Tejada and even though we are gonna trade players as well the level of competition is not as good. I think the Orioles will have #1 spot.

With Pittsburgh's win and AZ's loss tonight, the D-backs are now just 1/2 game above the Pirates.


At least one of the series we have in late Sept might have an effect on the future of the team...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbacks_Nation
Veteran Presence


Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 2473
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any names popping up yet for a #1 draft pick for next year?
_________________
Fire Mel Stottlemyre Jr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
baldmaga
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Louisiana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbacks_Nation wrote:
Any names popping up yet for a #1 draft pick for next year?


This looks familiar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldmaga wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Any names popping up yet for a #1 draft pick for next year?

This looks familiar.

REALLY?

With this team, the more things change the more they stay the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbacks_Nation
Veteran Presence


Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 2473
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol wut? Not saying we have a shot, just curious who will be the next #1.
_________________
Fire Mel Stottlemyre Jr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
baldmaga
Hall of Famer


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Louisiana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
baldmaga wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Any names popping up yet for a #1 draft pick for next year?

This looks familiar.

REALLY?

With this team, the more things change the more they stay the same.


I was thinking about this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group