Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2010 MLB Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldmaga wrote:

So, with the draft concluded, does this strategy they pulled off make the "EPIC FAIL" attitude that polluted this thread seem a little reactionary? Or is it fair to justify the posts rejecting their picks?

Nope as a whole i still think this draft has been disappointing. This is largely due to the failure of selecting true impact picks in the top 5 rounds or so and most disappointingly of all was our top selection who at best was worthy of our second round selection.

Saying all that though once the draft is completed i will back all the players the Dbacks manage to sign and follow how they do in the minors with interest and wish them ultimate success. We have selected some high upside youngsters in the draft and if they are signed they will be very good additions to our depleted farm system
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance IMO it's a very disappointing draft. As I said earlier, I'll wait to see who signs and how many prospects advance to higher levels, but this will not be one of AZ's better drafts. And, as others have pointed out, they've missed a lot rather than hit in recent years.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldmaga wrote:
So, with the draft concluded, does this strategy they pulled off make the "EPIC FAIL" attitude that polluted this thread seem a little reactionary? Or is it fair to justify the posts rejecting their picks?

Its pretty clear this draft was about lack of money. Thats sad. We will regret it.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this got posted...

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8816239&c_id=ari&topic_id=8878726
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if someone posted it already (am sure someone did and will remind me of it eventually - sooner than later) but here's Sickels's reaction

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/6/10/1509601/arizona-diamondbacks-draft-review

Quote:

COMMENT: Loux looks like an overdraft at the top, but there is method to the madness: the money saved there can go to luring Bradley, Rowland, Perry, and Green from attending college, and it isn't like Loux is a bad prospect; he's very good. If they manage to snare Ziomek too, so much the better. I really like this collection of projectable arms. There isn't much hitting here, but they drafted that last year.

qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Not sure if someone posted it already (am sure someone did and will remind me of it eventually - sooner than later) but here's Sickels's reaction

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/6/10/1509601/arizona-diamondbacks-draft-review

Quote:

COMMENT: Loux looks like an overdraft at the top, but there is method to the madness: the money saved there can go to luring Bradley, Rowland, Perry, and Green from attending college, and it isn't like Loux is a bad prospect; he's very good. If they manage to snare Ziomek too, so much the better. I really like this collection of projectable arms. There isn't much hitting here, but they drafted that last year.

Thats an interesting take. Why would you draft Bradely - when you could sign workman for about the same? Maybe that isnt the case though.
kris
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one here seems to like Loux.
This was before draft.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/the-college-board/

Quote:

3. Barret Loux - Texas A&M - RHP - 64

If you can't get Pomeranz's 13 strikeouts per nine, perhaps you'd be interested in Loux's 12, which come accompanied by fewer walks. His 2010 season is the best among pitchers listed here, almost as good as Pomeranz's 2009.

This is after draft
http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/first-round-draft-recap/

Quote:

6. Barret Loux - Dbacks. Consensus seems to be that this was a slot pick; it's certainly true that Loux will come cheaper than someone like Yasmani Grandal would have. But I'm going to buck the conventional wisdom and point out Loux's monster stats—he had the best 2010 season of any college pitcher...and it wasn't even close.

Loux's secondary stuff has been questioned, so maybe he's a future closer. If he keeps missing anywhere close to as many bats as he has this year (12 K/9), he'll have plenty of success in some role or other.

pete25
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say hello to our #1 draft pick:

Hopefully he doesn't go fishing with Brandon Webb.
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
I dont follow the draft like you guys but when I got home last night had an interesting message from my scout guy.

He says they were looking at this kid as a possible 2nd round pick and took him off their board due to injury concerns.

He says he does not think this kid will ever pitch in the Major Leagues.

OUCH.

Once again shows other teams know what the hell they are doing.

DBACKS not so much. Unless of course you believe they drafted this guy to never sign him and get two first round picks next year.

Rolling Eyes
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, you don't think the D'Backs could make a move that smart, Shadow? Very Happy

Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
What, you don't think the D'Backs could make a move that smart, Shadow? Very Happy

No because if they were smart enough they would probably do something dumb like admit it then the Commish would void the whole darn thing with no pick next year and make us sign some guy who will never pitch in the Big Leagues for slot. Wink Confused Shocked
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=6319

Quote:
The White Sox have promoted left-handed pitching prospect Chris Sale from Single-A Winston-Salem to Triple-A Charlotte.

That was quick. Drafted 13th overall in the June MLB Amateur Draft, Sale allowed one run and struck out four in four appearances at Single-A before earning the promotion this week. The tall lefty is already moving quickly through the White Sox's system and could reach the majors by September.

NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=6319

Quote:
The White Sox have promoted left-handed pitching prospect Chris Sale from Single-A Winston-Salem to Triple-A Charlotte.

That was quick. Drafted 13th overall in the June MLB Amateur Draft, Sale allowed one run and struck out four in four appearances at Single-A before earning the promotion this week. The tall lefty is already moving quickly through the White Sox's system and could reach the majors by September.

and our pick is fishing and failing DR appts.... Rolling Eyes
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: