Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vick and a ham sandwich indicted for illegal dog fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
While awaiting federal sentencing for heading up the dogfighting ring, Michael Vick's September 13 court-ordered urine test registered positive for marijuana.

Hell if I was in his situation I might say screw it and break out the bong.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
TAP wrote:
While awaiting federal sentencing for heading up the dogfighting ring, Michael Vick's September 13 court-ordered urine test registered positive for marijuana.

Hell if I was in his situation I might say screw it and break out the bong.

Vick pleaded guilty in August to a federal dogfighting charge. He is set to be sentenced on Dec. 10.

Because Vick violated the conditions of his release, Judge Henry Hudson could take that into consideration during sentencing, said Linda Malone, a criminal procedure expert and Marshall-Wythe Foundation professor of law at the College of William and Mary.

"Every judge considers pretty seriously if they feel that the defendant has flaunted the conditions for release," Malone told The Associated Press.

"It's certainly not a smart thing to do."
TAP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard on KTAR that Michael Vick surrendered to US Marshals today 3 weeks prior to his sentencing date. Apparently Michael's anticipating jail time and wants to get the clock started early.
TAP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN.com today wrote:
RICHMOND, Va. -- A federal judge made clear his disdain for animal cruelty when he sentenced two of Michael Vick's dogfighting cohorts to 18 months and 21 months in prison Friday.

"You may have thought this was sporting, but it was very callous and cruel," judge Henry Hudson told Quanis Phillips of Atlanta, who received the longer sentence.

The prison terms for Phillips and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach are a little longer than prosecutors recommended but less than the five-year maximum Hudson could have imposed.

Vick, the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback, also faces up to five years in prison when he is sentenced Dec. 10 for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that operated on his 15-acre property in southeastern Virginia from 2001 until last summer.

link
TAP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

47 Vick victims rescued...

Associated Press today wrote:
Remaining 47 dogs placed with rescue organizations

RICHMOND, Va. -- The remaining 47 pit bulls seized from suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick's dogfighting operation are being placed with rescue organizations.

Federal judge Henry E. Hudson on Thursday signed off on recommendations by the court-appointed guardian for the dogs from Vick's Bad Newz Kennels operation.

Rebecca J. Huss, an animal law expert, recommended the dogs be placed with eight organizations, including 22 to Best Friends Animal Society in Utah and 10 to Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pit Bulls in California.

The transfers should take place within the next month, according to Tom Shaer, a spokeman for Huss.

Vick faces up to five years in prison when he is sentenced Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that operated on his 15-acre property beginning in 2001.

Vick and his co-defendants still face state charges in Surry County in southeastern Virginia.

link
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Rebecca J. Huss, an animal law expert, recommended the dogs be placed with eight organizations, including 22 to Best Friends Animal Society in Utah and 10 to Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pit Bulls in California.

Cute acronym.
BADRAP
Adam
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Vick gets 23 months

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. - — Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls.

The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback could have been sentenced up to five years by District Judge Henry E. Hudson.

Vick was dressed in a black-and-white striped prison suit and apologized to the court and his family.

Hudson responded, “You need to apologize to the millions of young people who looked up to you.”

B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL gives Vick "conditional" reinstatement.

Second Chance
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. O. N. D. wrote:
NFL gives Vick "conditional" reinstatement.

Second Chance

While what he was involved with -- and convicted of -- is incredibly despicable, Michael Vick served his sentence, and is saying, at least, all the right things. The remarks of Commissioner Goodell -- especially the one below -- sets an appropriate course. I support the process the NFL has set in motion, and hope that Michael Vick has truly seen the error of his actions, and makes the most of this second chance.

Quote:
"Your margin of error is extremely limited," Goodell wrote to Vick. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you and to dedicate yourself to rebuilding your life and your career. If you do this, the NFL will support you."

Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine (who is not a reliable source so dont take this as gospel) on facebook posted that he heard Vick to the Eagles for 2 years.

Great. Lets hired OJ as a coach while we are at it.
TAP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2009/08/eagles-reportedly-sign-vick.html?hpid=topnews
TAP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I just saw of his press conference, Michael handeled himself extremely well. If I can get a video of the full press conference, I'll post it here later today.

His mentor in his life rehab process - Tony Dungy - was with him talking about why he's working with Michael; Michael talked about how he thinks everybody deserves a second chance and that you only get one shot at a second chance; he talked about how he's partnering with the Humane Society in order to hopefully help more animals than he thoughtlessly hurt.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
A friend of mine (who is not a reliable source so dont take this as gospel) on facebook posted that he heard Vick to the Eagles for 2 years.

Great. Lets hired OJ as a coach while we are at it.

What Vick did was horrible but he has done his time. We have a duty as people to forgive one another. Comparing Vick to OJ is apples and oranges. Vick also has Tony Dungy as a mentor and I am not sure he could find any better. I hope he succeeds.
Having said all that he better not screw up. He should be on a short leash. Wink Pun intended.
If you ever have a chance read T Dungys book. It is a great book. He is a man who has his shit together.
TAP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a small portion of the press conference. Michael went on to thank several others, including Tony Dungy. I have great respect for Tony, and if he believes Michael is sincere, that's good enough for me. Vick's acts that landed him in prison were horrible, but if people never forgave me throughout my life for my mistakes I'd never have achieved any of the success that I did. Everybody deserves to be forgiven, including Michael Vick, and it appears he's learned and grown from his experience. I say give him a chance to prove it.
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick back week 3 http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4442627

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TAP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen A. Smith:
Michael Vick is clueless again
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Stephen A. Smith:
Michael Vick is clueless again

first time iagree with stephen
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
TAP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Leahy / USA TODAY this morning wrote:
Probation officials have put Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick under orders not to leave the state of Pennsylvania, his crisis manager told NBC-TV in Philadelphia.

Vick, who was cleared of criminal wrongdoing after a shooting occurred at his Virginia Beach birthday party on Jun 25, has missed several appointments as a result of the order, Judy Smith told NBC. Vick missed a football camp in Baltimore on Friday and a golf tournament in Atlanta during the weekend.

Vick is on probation for his 2007 federal conviction on a federal dogfighting crime. While he was cleared of criminal liability in the shooting, federal probation officials have not said if he violated the terms of his supervised release.

Also, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is conducting a review into whether Vick violated the terms of his 2009 reinstatement.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Sean Leahy / USA TODAY this morning wrote:
Probation officials have put Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick under orders not to leave the state of Pennsylvania, his crisis manager told NBC-TV in Philadelphia.

Vick, who was cleared of criminal wrongdoing after a shooting occurred at his Virginia Beach birthday party on Jun 25, has missed several appointments as a result of the order, Judy Smith told NBC. Vick missed a football camp in Baltimore on Friday and a golf tournament in Atlanta during the weekend.

Vick is on probation for his 2007 federal conviction on a federal dogfighting crime. While he was cleared of criminal liability in the shooting, federal probation officials have not said if he violated the terms of his supervised release.

Also, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is conducting a review into whether Vick violated the terms of his 2009 reinstatement.

he is a fool....

he is soooo lucky to back in the NFL and he (while in the NFL) needs to keep a low profile. he didnt and im sure zar roger will come down on him hard

dont think that the fact he was with the guys he was doing dog fighting with wont play into it
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: