Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OPS since May 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dylan
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:

2010 Dumbest post of the Year nominee?

Oh so THIS was the title you were shooting for. Well how about this, why don't you gather up your resume and submit it to me so I can decide on if you've got my support. Right now it's looking promising though! Keep those fingers crossed.
shoewizard
Number Retired

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhorse wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Jdub wrote:
Even though it made me die a little inside, good read.

Can we make one big thread called "Shoewizard's Reasons On Why The Diamondbacks Suck"?

LOL.....I don't mean it that way...but I can see it's how it comes off. Thanks for the reminder.

I read it more as a justification for Shoewizard's selection of Justin Upton as the lone Diamondback All-Star. Ironically, he earlier criticized looking a one month's performance of Kelly Johnson. Confused

I'm a Justin Upton fan but you don't, or shouldn't, send a player to the All-Star game based on potential. Send the guys performing the best that season. As odd as it is after last season, I think Chris Young is that guy on the 2010 Diamondbacks team.

You misread. I wasn't "justifying" anything.

The part about Kelly Johnson was just a little joke, that everyone else got. The point of the post was to show that our offense in total may not be as good as our year to date numbers, and how the April numbers may be concealing that fact. I didn't even mention Upton in the text of my post, and this thread has nothing to do with who I think our team's all star should be.

Now...if you want to talk with me about who the all star of this team should be, the first thing you might want to do is make clear what your criteria is for all star selection in the first place. As fans, we are all allowed to vote however we see fit, which allows for all sorts of criteria. Nobody's criteria is "better" than anyone elses......but the points of debate and argument may vary in quailty. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: