Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Clueless in New York

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Clueless in New York Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cops_furious_at_don_kill_bill_SkSRn51FKIeHqY85ZHJSYI
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Clueless in New York Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cops_furious_at_don_kill_bill_SkSRn51FKIeHqY85ZHJSYI

b/c a guy with his knee blown off cant lay on the bround and fire his gun? Rolling Eyes

boy i will feel safe in NYC
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Clueless in New York Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
TAP wrote:

b/c a guy with his knee blown off cant lay on the bround and fire his gun? Rolling Eyes

boy i will feel safe in NYC

Not to mention that hitting someone at all during a high-adrenaline gunfight is challenging enough; having to hit an arm or a leg is all but impossible. This bill would increase the number of police officer deaths and open police to ridiculous prosecution and lawsuits.

Brooklyn Assembly Members Annette Robinson (D-Bedford Stuyvesant) and Darryl Towns (D-East New York) have been watching too many movies and have no grasp of reality.
xjwheelr
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.

The legistlators is NY must have 24 parties; watched last week when Jack "shot to wound" all those Secret Service agents and thought it was a great idea.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwiw...

what happens if this were to be in effect, and a cop shoots a guy in the arm and he still shots and kills the cop...

huh? Shocked Sad
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. If I were a cop, I'd say I aimed at the arm and hit the heart.

Anyhow, a really stupid law.
TheDesertSurfer
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ-DBACKS-FAN wrote:
fwiw...

what happens if this were to be in effect, and a cop shoots a guy in the arm and he still shots and kills the cop...

huh? Shocked Sad

It's one thing to have this law in New York. I was there last year for the first time in 47 years so I obviously don't go there often. If this law were proposed in California or Arizona that would be another matter, and worth getting my ire up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: