Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
International Free Agents

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: International Free Agents Reply with quote

We havent been active in the international free agency period, which begings july 2nd, in recent years and have been a team who has shied away from spending like most other teams do. Last year it was very understandable that the team didnt even enter the bidding as we had to sign a lot of high draft picks but was pleasantly surprised to see us signing Mateo after his problems elsewhere. We were interested in him during the IFA period last year but were not willing to pay the kind of bonus that St Louis was willing to.

With us very unlikley to spend much on the draft this year i would i believe we will be more active in the IFA even though i dont think we will enter into bidding wars with the big spenders.

The top player this year is 15yr old pitching phenom Luis Heredia from Mexico who at this early age is pitching in the early 90's and with a projectable 6-4 body he is likely to add considerable velocity and develop his now fringy off speed stuff. With the Yanks and Red Sox likely to lead the bidding here i would not expect us to enter the race for this kid.

But there are a lot of other supremely talented young players available in the IFA and i would love for the Dbacks to enter the market for some of these including

OF Wilmer Romero- Domincan (Melissa Segura believes that we are one of several teams interested in siging him)
3B Elvis Sanchez- Dominican
SS Esteylon Peguero- Dominican
OF Eskarlin Vazquez
SS Rougned Odor- Venezuela
OF Ariel Ogando
OF Phillips Castillo

There are several pitchers and other position players who will be available July 2nd but a lot of these are believed to have agreements in place with MLB clubs or are closley linked with them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: