Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Justified.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Justified. Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the pilot on FX tonight? It was amazing.
I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan (and you should be too, he's a total badass) and of course, Walton Goggins (Shane from the Shield, also a great show) guest stars in the first couple episodes, and he's also fantastic.

It's about a cop who was forcibly transferred back (from Miami) to his hometown, Harlan, Kentucky. Here is the plot summary from IMDB:

"U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is a modern day 19th century-style lawman, enforcing his brand of justice in a way that puts a target on his back with criminals and places him at odds with his bosses in the Marshal service. That conflict results in a reassignment for Givens to the U.S. District covering the town where he grew up. He is an anachronism - a tough, soft spoken gentleman who finds his quarry fascinating, but never gives an inch. Dig under his placid skin and you'll find an angry man who grew up hard in rural Kentucky, with an outlaw father, who knows a lot more about who he doesn't want to be than who he really is."

Gotta love the modern westerns. It looks like it could be at least as good as the Shield, if not better, and that's really a huge compliment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was being called out about something for a second there. Laughing
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy Olyphant was awesome in Deadwood. I usually like to give a show a season or two before I start following it. I hate it when things get cancelled.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Timothy Olyphant was awesome in Deadwood. I usually like to give a show a season or two before I start following it. I hate it when things get cancelled.

agree....

i remember i was watching the "heist" and then one day it was gone! Crying or Very sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heist_(TV_series)
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Firefly
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Or Firefly

Firefly is awesome!!!!
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until Fox ripped it from our hands.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big Walton Goggins fan. As far as I was concerned he made the Shield and should have gotten more credit. I will never here the words "family meeting" again without needing therapy.
I watched the first episode of Justified thinking Goggins was going to be the main star. I liked the show but I am sure you know the disapointment I felt with Goggins role. I really hope he hangs around for future episodes. I did like the show though and the soundtrack was awesome. Nice to hear some Justin Townes Earle thrown in there.
Show has a lot of promise.
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosopis wrote:
I am a big Walton Goggins fan. As far as I was concerned he made the Shield and should have gotten more credit. I will never here the words "family meeting" again without needing therapy.
I watched the first episode of Justified thinking Goggins was going to be the main star. I liked the show but I am sure you know the disapointment I felt with Goggins role. I really hope he hangs around for future episodes. I did like the show though and the soundtrack was awesome. Nice to hear some Justin Townes Earle thrown in there.

I agree. The only complaint about the show was the small role Goggins played.

And Walton Goggins in the Shield was one of the better performances I've seen on tv recently. He's way underrated. I hated Shane with a passion the last few seasons, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I wish that show never ended. Both him and Michael Chiklis were 100% perfect for their roles. Definitely one of my favorites. I feel like Netflixing some Shield now...
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
matt wrote:
Or Firefly

Firefly is awesome!!!!

Anything from the mind of Joss Whedon is magnificent.

Moviegeekjn, you should check out the two seasons of Whedon's "Dollhouse" that just got cancelled by FOX. It features "Firefly" actors Alan Tudyk (one of my favorite actors of all-time) and Summer Glau (although she's only in Season 2).

Here's a "Season One Recap" if you're interested. I haven't watched it yet, but it almost definitely contains some spoilers. It would probably serve as a great preview, though.
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justified kicks ass. Hopefully it lasts.
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
Prosopis wrote:

I agree. The only complaint about the show was the small role Goggins played.

And Walton Goggins in the Shield was one of the better performances I've seen on tv recently. He's way underrated. I hated Shane with a passion the last few seasons, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I wish that show never ended. Both him and Michael Chiklis were 100% perfect for their roles. Definitely one of my favorites. I feel like Netflixing some Shield now...

The part that really bothers me is that when Justified was being advertised they made it seem as though Goggins was going to be the main guy. I feel like I just fell for a bait and switch routine. I do like the show though.
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheriffWannaBe wrote:
moviegeekjn wrote:
matt wrote:
Or Firefly

Firefly is awesome!!!!

Anything from the mind of Joss Whedon is magnificent.

Moviegeekjn, you should check out the two seasons of Whedon's "Dollhouse" that just got cancelled by FOX. It features "Firefly" actors Alan Tudyk (one of my favorite actors of all-time) and Summer Glau (although she's only in Season 2).

Here's a "Season One Recap" if you're interested. I haven't watched it yet, but it almost definitely contains some spoilers. It would probably serve as a great preview, though.

A friend turned me on to Dollhouse a few weeks ago; I saw one episode at the Fox website and I am definitely hooked. Now plotting in secret... look for both seasons on DVD, or take the plunge and download both seasons from Amazon.com...? Laughing

Don't tell Mrs. Evil... Wink
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the DVRed new episode.
It's great. It's really picking up.
And it seems they decided to keep Walton Goggins for longer than originally thought.

It's fucking badass. If you haven't been following, you have a serious hole in your life.

List/synopsis of episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Justified_episodes

There should be a thread called "Don't ever fuck with Raylan Givens!"

Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched all of them. I still want more Goggins.
Jdub
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the season finale.
I don't think I can wait all the way until next year for the season to start.
I love the Boyd character by Goggins. It seems he's for real about his conversion.
I was surprised that he was.

Leads/ties blown by the Diamondbacks bullpen in '10: 31
Prosopis
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good finale!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: