Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chris Owings

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Chris Owings Reply with quote

I'm sure there's a thread regarding last year's draft that this could go in, but here's to hoping this guy deserves his own thread sooner rather than later. Here's a little blurb from last week's Prospect Hot Sheet at BA:

Which Low-A baller is everybody sleeping on?

Matthew Eddy: I like D-backs SS Chris Owings with South Bend. Clinton SS Nick Franklin (Mariners) has gotten a lot of the early attention out in the Midwest League, but last week Owings (41st overall pick last year) went 11-for-31 with 2 2B, 2 3B and a HR. Look for him on a Hot Sheet in the near future.

Link.
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been trying to watch whatever i can on Owings and i like almost everything ive seen on the guy. He does nothing outrageously good but does everything well. He is a very good hitter and if that continues to develop and his D stays consistent could be one of our hottest prospect. Kudos to you guitarsalad for giving the Kid his own thread.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: