Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Florida H.S. Pitcher Overcomes Loss of Leg to Start Again

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterx
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Florida H.S. Pitcher Overcomes Loss of Leg to Start Again Reply with quote

Florida H.S. Pitcher Overcomes Loss of Leg to Start Again

Dbacks bullpen PEDS for the other team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

touching story.... glad to see he lived and than made it back, wish all people had that focus....

this bothered me...

Quote:
Yet, Winters remained undeterred. One junior varsity team talked about possibly bunting to expose his lack of mobility. He talked about accidentally hitting the next batter in the numbers if they tried

if this team was talking about it i would hope the coach would put the squash on this..... if the coach wanted to have that as his game plan, that coach needs to get his head checked.... if he would bunt if the situation called for it, maybe i can understand it, the batter squared up in the box and went down a baseline to the 1st or 3rd baseman had to field it.... just have every guy bunt, i would have an issue and i love reading him say he would hit a guy in the numbers... GOOD FOR HIM.
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
Guitar Salad
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read. I haven't finished the article yet because I can only read about two paragraphs at a time. If I read more, my coworkers would ask me why I'm crying. That's a really great story.
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Salad wrote:
If I read more, my coworkers would ask me why I'm crying. That's a really great story.

Cutting onions?

Seriously though, good story.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: