Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Miguel Angel Sano

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Miguel Angel Sano Reply with quote

Should we be going after this guy July 2nd or not?

The Pirates, Twins, Yankees, Indians and Orioles are the teams Ive heard so far going after him.

Also Daniel Sanchez a pitcher is getting lots of pub for the international draft.

Have heard of no one the DBACKS are in on? Hope they get something they could use the help.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Miguel Angel Sano Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
Should we be going after this guy July 2nd or not?

The Pirates, Twins, Yankees, Indians and Orioles are the teams Ive heard so far going after him.

Also Daniel Sanchez a pitcher is getting lots of pub for the international draft.

Have heard of no one the DBACKS are in on? Hope they get something they could use the help.

Ha.
Colt-Back
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems odd that there has been almost no activity or rumblings regarding any international players that the D'Backs are interested this year for the July 2nd signing period. Maybe its because our budget is likely to be quite thin after the money pledged to MLB amateur draft just gone, but i always asumed that there were two different budgets for the diferrent draft

Anyways, I remember reading last year that this was a generall deep year for position player talent and i have been trying to get up to scratch with who is out there.

There have been some premium talent players touted about that we probably dont have much of a chance of signing. These include in no particular order

Miguel Angel Sano,, SS/3B- Pittsburgh leading contenders so
Gary Sanchez,, C- Yankees have already pretty much signed him up
Guillermo Pimentel,, OF- Rangers rumored to be leaders
Wagner Matteo,, OF- Giants considered favorites
Jurickson Profar,, RHP- Rangers considered favorites again

There are some other names touted about as already heavily linked with one or two clubs but so far not a single word about ANYBODY the D'Backs have been following. Considering this, im really hoping that the D'Backs actually have intentions to sign one Top talent in this draft.

If we are willing to match what we paid for Burgos last year i.e around $1 mil then we might have a chance at this guy-

Jacob Beltre, C- Dominican Republic-- From Baseball Prospectus
''Dominican catching prospect Jacob Beltre, a "muscle-bound 6-foot-3" slugger with an apparent unbridled enthusiasm for the game''

His enthusiasm and love for the game is something you leave to hear about every player but for a catcher who often has a leadership role within the ballclub its a great attribute. He would be tremendous sign but the Rangers again are the leading contenders for this guy so it will be tough to get him away from them. Then again if they sign a few of their other targets it might not be financially viable for them to get Beltre as well, which is where we can step up in if we have a budget that will look to pay him something near $1million
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any word? I heard the Rockies signed five players including a pretty good S/S.

Did we get anybody?
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
So any word? I heard the Rockies signed five players including a pretty good S/S.

Did we get anybody?

This guy looks kind of promising...
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:

Did we get anybody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnKO9c_TifY
XB3
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
levski wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:

Did we get anybody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnKO9c_TifY

I think we know Byrne's YouTube account name now. Rolling Eyes
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:

Did we get anybody?

I guess thats a no. Its a sad day when we cant even comptete with the cheapskate Rockies.
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/pbc/archive/2009/09/29/sano-to-sign-with-twins.aspx

Sano to sign with Twins.

Some harsh words for the Pirates too!

Quote:

"You know, I feel like I was in touch with the Pittsburgh fans on this, from reading the blogs and message boards, and I feel bad for them," Plummer said. "Sano could have been a Pirate. And when the fans see the figure Miguel signs for, they'll know that."

Through it all, each side expressed strong distrust in the other.

"I think contracts are made entirely of relationships, that people should have a comfort level," Plummer said. "Things fell apart because Pittsburgh never believed I had other teams interested in Miguel. I gave Neal every opportunity to sign Miguel for a reasonable amount , but he was afraid he was bidding against himself. When he sees the signing (for $3.15M), he'll see that."
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - if he was available in this years draft (i know he wasnt) would someone have drafted him around pics 7-11? Thats about where the 3.1M signing bonus would put him.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: