Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Man Ram to LA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB TV on the Manny deal Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCvjUlz5TeQ&eurl=http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2009/03/mlb-network-gets-all-cursy-for-night.html&feature=player_embedded
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulz. there are so many morons working for the mlb network
they are probably going to sign emmitt smith any day now
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that last night live!

Haha I was cracking up! I'm glad someone caught it on their DVR and put it on YouTube!
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Nicks notes tonight. Special K on the Manny deal.

“Yeah, they lost Lowe and Penny, two front-end guys,” third baseman Mark Reynolds said. “We’ve got Webby and Haren, we signed Garland, Dougie and if Scherzer comes out and does his thing we’re going to be pretty tough.”

Hey Marky Mark its not our starting pitching Im worried about Rolling Eyes
Dewberry
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Manny Ramirez went 20-for-32 (.625) with five homers and 12 RBIs in nine games against the D-backs last season. (Matt York/AP)

pitching around manny sounds like a good idea
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewberry wrote:
Quote:
Manny Ramirez went 20-for-32 (.625) with five homers and 12 RBIs in nine games against the D-backs last season. (Matt York/AP)

pitching around manny sounds like a good idea

BoMel finds your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter... so that he can use it as toilet paper!
THE SHADOW
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoMel in todays Denver Post.

"They have a great lineup," Arizona manager Bob Melvin said of the Dodgers. "They are the champs until someone takes them down."
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canseco believes Manny juiced

Jose's been 100% dead on all along with names, but the evidence seems a bit shaky on this one. Then again, most said he was nuts when he was first to out A-Rod...

NESN Newswire today wrote:
Canseco appeared on the USC campus on Friday night for a guest lecture on topics including, according to Streeter, “steroids, his knowledge of who injected what and his speculation about current players — even, it turns out, Manny Ramirez.” And then — scroll to the bottom if you get bored, you won’t want to miss this — we see the evidence. Canseco points to “the drawn-out negotiation, the lack of a long-term deal [and] the lack of interest” in Ramirez throughout his free agency this winter, which in Streeter’s words, “all raise red flags.”

The conclusion? One of the greatest right-handed hitters of all time is “most likely, 90 percent” on the juice.

There’s a lot to be said about José Canseco, on a personal level, that’s not flattering. He’s twice divorced, and both ex-wives have accused him of domestic violence. He was charged with aggravated battery in 2001 and misdemeanor drug smuggling five months ago. And of course, he’s a known steroid user.

He admitted as much in 2005, when his book “Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant ‘Roids, Smash Hits and How Baseball Got Big” detailed the juicing exploits of Jason Giambi, Juan González, Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, Iván Rodríguez and himself. Skeptically, we all tuned Canseco out — after all, he was just trying to sell books, right? And then gradually, the truth began to come out — eventually, he’d gone 6-for-6.

A couple of years later came the sequel, and that’s when Jose announced that he had an even bigger fish to fry, and that fish’s name was Alex Rodriguez. Again, we all doubted him, and we all know how that one turned out.

So how much longer are we going to ignore the most reliable whistleblower baseball has to offer? How many more of the game’s biggest names does he have to take down?

The logic is sound: A-Rod, who had snuck by largely unsuspected for six years following his failed test, was only exposed when his name leaked off the list of 104 steroid users and into the pages of Sports Illustrated. To the general public, those other 103 names are unknown. But to the men behind the scenes — say, perhaps the ones in front offices making $45 million decisions — the truth is a bit clearer.

Ramirez, one of the game’s few superstars not already disgraced by the Steroid Era, may well be a known juicer — just not yet known to you and me.

On December 16, 2008 Jeff Moorad was pretty quick to say "no" to Manny even if finances weren't an issue. I'd guess most MLB front offices have to be having conversations about who did/is using after the fallout we've seen.
Quote:
BigDave44: If finances allowed, would you try to sign Manny to stick it to the Dodgers?

Moorad: Great player, but nope.
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manny Ramirez would love to play for Indians again
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Manny Ramirez would love to play for Indians again

where was this idea in jan and feb when he needed a home Rolling Eyes

get him out of la the sooner the better
july 7-17 | aug |sept/oct

im getting close to getting on the blow it up bus Sad
B. O. N. D.
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another Manny circus begins. Laughing
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random but... any one know why Manny chose #99? I wonder if he made that decision based on Gretzky. (when Gretzky got traded to LA Kings there were no other teams in USA west of STL, Gretzky brought interest in hockey to the sw). Maybe he thinks hes bringing interest in baseball to the sw Rolling Eyes
DesertKnight
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wanted another number, but it wasn't available. The team just chose 99, I suppose figuring that they could change it later. I heard Manny was initially upset about it, then just went with it.
...for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. (xkcd #556)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: