Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck
 
 Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Colorado AA base coach killed by line drive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephon wrote:
I just want everyone to know that when I said i hate eric byrnes with a passion, i was being facetious.

No, no, no, it's too late for that now. Feelings have been hurt. When you least expect it that 30-something blond gymnast will be knocking on your door with retribution on his mind. Evil or Very Mad


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorfo57
Hall of Famer


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 4231

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I heard he is planning to use his playoff share by touring the country with 2 friends and a long printout of all the people that have bashed him on the internet.

He'll ring your doorbell. When you answer, he'll ask "Did you post "yada yada yada" on the DBBP forums on *date*?"

And then as you answer, Jay and Silent Bob will jump out of the bushes and beat your ass, while Eric turns around, smiling for his camera crew, and you will end up as a segment on the next Eric Byrnes Show.
_________________
Let's develop some more quality starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stuart
Everyday Player


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 611
Location: Middlesbrough, UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorfo57 wrote:
Yes, I heard he is planning to use his playoff share by touring the country with 2 friends and a long printout of all the people that have bashed him on the internet.

He'll ring your doorbell. When you answer, he'll ask "Did you post "yada yada yada" on the DBBP forums on *date*?"

And then as you answer, Jay and Silent Bob will jump out of the bushes and beat your ass, while Eric turns around, smiling for his camera crew, and you will end up as a segment on the next Eric Byrnes Show.


Can he do that during next season? Thus keeping him out of LF Laughing
_________________
Iron man is a superhero....Iron woman is a command!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 7391

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
Gorfo57 wrote:
Yes, I heard he is planning to use his playoff share by touring the country with 2 friends and a long printout of all the people that have bashed him on the internet.

He'll ring your doorbell. When you answer, he'll ask "Did you post "yada yada yada" on the DBBP forums on *date*?"

And then as you answer, Jay and Silent Bob will jump out of the bushes and beat your ass, while Eric turns around, smiling for his camera crew, and you will end up as a segment on the next Eric Byrnes Show.


Can he do that during next season? Thus keeping him out of LF Laughing


Maybe during August, nobody would know the difference
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilJuan
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 13940
Location: The carpark outside Milliways

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Gorfo57 wrote:
Yes, I heard he is planning to use his playoff share by touring the country with 2 friends and a long printout of all the people that have bashed him on the internet.

He'll ring your doorbell. When you answer, he'll ask "Did you post "yada yada yada" on the DBBP forums on *date*?"

And then as you answer, Jay and Silent Bob will jump out of the bushes and beat your ass, while Eric turns around, smiling for his camera crew, and you will end up as a segment on the next Eric Byrnes Show.


Can he do that during next season? Thus keeping him out of LF Laughing


Maybe during August, nobody would know the difference


Not true: we'd notice the improvement on offense, and wonder, "why?" Wink
_________________
New Regime: SOS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hank
Veteran Presence


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure my tongue in cheek comment about not being able to hate the Rockies for this series started this whole thread discussion, so I now apologize and note that I was being more than a little bit facetious in my original post. lol
_________________
2010 Gameday Thread Record: 1-0
2010 In Stadium Record: 4-5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank wrote:
I'm pretty sure my tongue in cheek comment about not being able to hate the Rockies for this series started this whole thread discussion, so I now apologize and note that I was being more than a little bit facetious in my original post. lol

No, no, no, it's too late for that now. Feelings have been hurt..... oh... wait, we've already been there. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 25953

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Magruder / East Valley Tribune tonight wrote:
Major League Baseball has mandated that first base and third base coaches wear protective helmets on the field this season after Mike Coolbaugh was killed by a line drive while coaching first base for Tulsa, Colorado's Double-A affiliate, on July 22.

"I have no problem. Obviously, it's a dangerous spot to be in," said Chip Hale, in his second year as the D-Backs' third base coach.

Hale has a personal connection to the tragedy. When Hale managed Double-A El Paso in 2002, his hitting coach was Scott Coolbaugh, Mike's brother. Hale called Scott the day after Mike's death to express his condolences.

D-Backs catching coordinator Bob Didier suffered a concussion and spent two days in a hospital after being struck in the head by a drive while coaching third base for Triple-A Syracuse in 1994.

"I can see it now. I tried to duck it. The ball kind of sank and hit me right over the ear," Didier said.

"There are times you are 50, 60 feet away. You have no time to move. I think it's a good idea. Why take the chance?"

Hale spent a month as the D-Backs' third base coach in 2006 after Carlos Tosca suffered a fractured foot when he was struck by a line drive in the first game of spring training.

link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DesertKnight
Veteran Presence


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2378
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move. Now they need to mandate some form of head protection for pitchers. Obviously, a batting helmet is too heavy, but I'm sure Nike can come up with something....

Maybe they could make a cap using this stuff from Dow Corning. It's soft and flexible, but hardens when hit, and then becomes flexible again. Ain't technology grand!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 8878
Location: Marana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if well start seeing corner infielders wearing batting helmets, like Olerud did. I think something like that might be a good idea as well.
_________________
Per Mare, Per Terras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
qudjy1
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 12060

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the WAAAAA section of the sports page....

Shut the fuck up, and put the stupid helmet on...
_________________
Throw fucking strikes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 5485

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

budjy1 wrote:
From the WAAAAA section of the sports page....

Shut the fuck up, and put the stupid helmet on...


You don't hear Coach Tinsley or Coach Hale complainin' Cool
_________________
The Original Wannabe Sheriff
2010 SHERIFF HR TICKER: 24
2010 SHERIFF RBI TICKER: 64
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
whatuwant
Veteran Presence


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 2402
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i guess he thinks he looks really cool in the polyester pants and jersey?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DesertKnight
Veteran Presence


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2378
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be worse--he could have to wear one of these:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qudjy1
Number Retired


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 12060

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Coolbaugh's family, and thier attempt to cope Crying or Very sad
_________________
Throw fucking strikes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Rest of the West All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



visitors since April 13, 2006.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group