Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Deep NL only keeper league looking for committed owner(s)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Fantasy Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Deep NL only keeper league looking for committed owner(s) Reply with quote

NL only keeper league, been around since the 2003 season, going through some transitions, is looking for new owner(s) -- exact number of new owners to be determined. We might need one or more owners.

League is 5X5 league (AVE, R, HR, RBI, SB; W, ERA, WHIP, SV, K), very deep (23 active players, 14 hitters, 9 pitchers; plus 17 players reserve bench); standard $260 budget, live auction format drafts.

Draft always takes place in the PHX metro area on the first Saturday of the regular season; this year the draft will be April 5th. We need committed owners who can stay in the league for many years.

New owners need to be able to make this year's draft, and all subsequent auctions, or be able to come up with subs for the auctions.

League fee is $100/owner, which is used to pay first four places ($600 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, $200 for third, $100 for 4th); additionally, ~$13/owner for private league on cbs sportsline.

If interested, send me a private message. Thanks.
Oden
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in this league, but don't let that scare you off. Levski won the league last year - let that scare you off. Stu used to be in it until he retired from roto ball. It's a lot of fun to have a continuing NL-only league and it looks like there will be a couple of really good teams available to new owners.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
I'm in this league, but don't let that scare you off. Levski won the league last year - let that scare you off. Stu used to be in it until he retired from roto ball. It's a lot of fun to have a continuing NL-only league and it looks like there will be a couple of really good teams available to new owners.

Both Oden and Stu have won the league in the past (in fact, I believe they once tied for first)...
qudjy1
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i had the time... sounds fun.
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

budjy1 wrote:
I wish i had the time... sounds fun.

It's a weekly transaction league. All transactions are executed on Sunday night and apply for the upcoming week. So all you really need to do is check your team once a week and set your roster for next week
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all ready in a H2H Full MLB Keeper league w/ no budget on CBS (which costs a lot of money for me), so I do not think that I would have time to be in this league. Does sounds like a lot of fun though.
2010 SHERIFF SB TICKER: 5
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriff27 wrote:
I'm all ready in a H2H Full MLB Keeper league w/ no budget on CBS (which costs a lot of money for me)

I think you're getting screwed somehow...
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Sheriff27 wrote:
I'm all ready in a H2H Full MLB Keeper league w/ no budget on CBS (which costs a lot of money for me)

Lol yes... well my league consists of mostly family who dont feel the need to contribute to the cost.

Every year I remind that all donations to the season cost are welcome... and every year I find myself paying the $120 Commish league fee 100% out of pocket.

And that's why there's no cash prize for the winner Laughing
levski
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriff27 wrote:
levski wrote:
Sheriff27 wrote:

Lol yes... well my league consists of mostly family who dont feel the need to contribute to the cost.

Every year I remind that all donations to the season cost are welcome... and every year I find myself paying the $120 Commish league fee 100% out of pocket.

And that's why there's no cash prize for the winner Laughing

You know, you can just ditch those welfare freeloaders and use the $120 to join our league...
Justin
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriff27 wrote:

..................... and every year I find myself paying the $120 Commish league fee 100% out of pocket.

Would I be a bad person if I made a joke right now? Razz

--innocent--
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
You know, you can just ditch those welfare freeloaders and use the $120 to join our league...

Haha well I do get a chip in from my dad, seeing as the payment comes off his credit card then I usually pay him back about $100, but what I like is that it's a H2H w/ a scoring system I hand wrote. Also, it's an online draft (so I don't have to go meet up in person for hours), there's only 10 GM's (we're expanding to 12 next season, though), and we don't use salary caps, which means no auctions or anything.
Dre
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriff27 wrote:
but what I like is that it's a H2H w/ a scoring system I hand wrote. .

Hey Sheriff, mind sharing your scoring system with me? We have a league in my office and we're making some tweaks to the scoring this year trying to even a few things out and I'm surious to see what you have in place and how that plays on the cumulative #s. H2H points leagues are definitely the best leagues to be in but sometimes call for adjusting the weights a bit.
SheriffWannaBe
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre wrote:
Sheriff27 wrote:
but what I like is that it's a H2H w/ a scoring system I hand wrote. .

Hey Sheriff, mind sharing your scoring system with me? We have a league in my office and we're making some tweaks to the scoring this year trying to even a few things out and I'm surious to see what you have in place and how that plays on the cumulative #s. H2H points leagues are definitely the best leagues to be in but sometimes call for adjusting the weights a bit.

Shooting you a PM...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Fantasy Thoughts All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: