Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Since we're going through change...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catharsis
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Since we're going through change... Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=insidedishmarlinsgirardi&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Girardi is going to be out in FL. Screw the extention, eat it and bring Girardi in here. Who else would be better at handling the youth outside of Hale? If not, lose Bell and make Girardi the bench coach? Acutally, Giarardi and Bell are good friends, so that wouldn't go over well, BUT Girardi would probably love to keep Bell on as his bench coach.

What am I saying? The FO woulding have the guts. Ir would they...
TAP
"Personality of a thumb-tack" - E Byrnes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Since we're going through change... Reply with quote

Catharsis wrote:
What am I saying? The FO woulding have the guts.

I'm not sure I can help you understand what it is you're saying, but it seems to have something to do with erectile issues. Wink

BTW, I brought up Girardi last week and was summarily shot down. Sad
EvilJuan
Number Retired

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Since we're going through change... Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
BTW, I brought up Girardi last week and was summarily shot down. Sad

Sorry - must have missed that one, somehow.

Obviously, from my current signature line, I think Chip Hale should be the #1 candidate; but Girardi should also be on the short lst.
shoewizard
Number Retired

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to Hale on the radio for an interview last week, and liked the way he sounded. Kind of a general impression thing. Of course I might be just a little bit affected in my overall perceptions by the fact that he has had so much success this year.
Bob A
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to consider...

If we DON'T make Hale our manager within a year or so, we will probably lose him to another ogranization. I'd hate to see that happen.

I would say bring him up to tha big club as some kind of bench coach next season and, mid-way through the year, if we suck again, show Melvin the door and bring in Hale.
moviegeekjn
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom and Gracie were all over Hale during yesterday's game as being "ready to be a big league manager... RIGHT NOW"
baldmaga
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not make Hale the bench coach, and Bell the AAA manager...wait..that makes no sense <_<
YBC-Dog
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
Thom and Gracie were all over Hale during yesterday's game as being "ready to be a big league manager... RIGHT NOW"

Did anyone catch where Grace and Thom mentioned John Byrnes making decisions about the roster, and having to decide about "certain players who may have had career years, and whether they'll be able to do that again"?

Seemed like a very thinly veiled Byrnes reference...and that maybe LF in 2007 isn't quite so set in stone.
TAP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YBC-Dog wrote:
Did anyone catch where Grace and Thom mentioned John Byrnes making decisions about the roster...

Josh Byrnes?
YBC-Dog
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Josh...
TAP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estrada is who they were most likely targeting with those statements.

Eric Byrnes could be included in that list, but Josh would have even more flack to deflect after telling the fanbase that Eric is the newly annointed LF'er in 2007 while softening the impact of moving on from Gonzo. I have a hard time seeing Josh taking a 180 turn on that and choosing to deal with additional fan fallout.
Dangerfield
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys take a chance on AROD, if lets say, Mr. Steinbrenner chipped in a 100 mil?

Callaspo
Young- to hit in front of AROD so he'd see nothing but fastballs or nervous nellies knowing where Arod was like Cabrera does for Uggla and Pujols does for Duncan. He could hit 50.
AROD
Tracy-lf- Arod doesn't need protection, Tracy redeems himself next year.
CJ-
Drew
CQ
Snyder/Montero
Webb
Livian
Edgar
Nippert
Ohlendorf

Hey its as fun to talk about as Bondermen. It doesn't hurt that he's biracial, handsome, and 1 heck of a nice guy either.

You get the big bat in the line-up and here's what happens.
Drew and CJ go about their business as 300/380 obp guys.
Young and CQ get to go Mike Cameron hit 260-280 with 30-40 bombs.

Trace goes about being Trace.

The leader and winner of the team is CQ, because he's that type of guy.

Arod gets his seat at the Kona Grill, and reigns over the sushi. Which btw, is where I got the CQ's ass is magnificent line, overhearing some studs talk about who the guy was at the plate. Anything more oxymoronic than ordering some sushi, and hear some guys rave about another guy's ass. Especially with all the action that was around.
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Number Retired

Location: At 25/73 CY24 will make me drop my pants. count down: 8 hr 10 rbi to go

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerfield wrote:
Would you guys take a chance on AROD, if lets say, Mr. Steinbrenner chipped in a 100 mil?

Callaspo
Young- to hit in front of AROD so he'd see nothing but fastballs or nervous nellies knowing where Arod was like Cabrera does for Uggla and Pujols does for Duncan. He could hit 50.
AROD
Tracy-lf- Arod doesn't need protection, Tracy redeems himself next year.
CJ-
Drew
CQ
Snyder/Montero
Webb
Livian
Edgar
Nippert
Ohlendorf

Hey its as fun to talk about as Bondermen. It doesn't hurt that he's biracial, handsome, and 1 heck of a nice guy either.

You get the big bat in the line-up and here's what happens.
Drew and CJ go about their business as 300/380 obp guys.
Young and CQ get to go Mike Cameron hit 260-280 with 30-40 bombs.

Trace goes about being Trace.

The leader and winner of the team is CQ, because he's that type of guy.

Arod gets his seat at the Kona Grill, and reigns over the sushi. Which btw, is where I got the CQ's ass is magnificent line, overhearing some studs talk about who the guy was at the plate. Anything more oxymoronic than ordering some sushi, and hear some guys rave about another guy's ass. Especially with all the action that was around.

ok.....

you have drew tracy and conor still? who you giving up?
Dangerfield
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

randy johnson, chris capuano, and curt schilling
TAP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerfield wrote:

Would you take Jessica Alba if she begged to be yours and if she promised to support all your financial needs too?

Fun to fantasize about but not likely to happen.
Dangerfield
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Dangerfield wrote:

Would you take Jessica Alba if she begged to be yours and if she promised to support all your financial needs too?

Fun to fantasize about but not likely to happen.

I don't know, I'd give Alba a discount if she didn't act that desperate.
YBC-Dog
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Estrada is who they were most likely targeting with those statements.

Eric Byrnes could be included in that list, but Josh would have even more flack to deflect after telling the fanbase that Eric is the newly annointed LF'er in 2007 while softening the impact of moving on from Gonzo. I have a hard time seeing Josh taking a 180 turn on that and choosing to deal with additional fan fallout.

I agree it probably was Estrada, and as I was writing that I realized that it could be almost anyone except Tracy - but if they brought in a real power threat, do you think the fanbase would blink twice about losing Eric Byrnes?

Heck, most of them applauded Shawn Green as a great move. He's a power bat, right? Rolling Eyes
Dangerfield
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the spankees go down again, Mr. Steinbrenner, not only is going to trade Arod, but he'll get some exocorists, to expunge the place of any Arod odor.
matt
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$100 Mil would be great, we'd have ARod at about league min!

I think it's a silly thought, but I'll play along. If we could get the Yanks to chip in about $4M/year on top of what the Rangers are paying, I'd happily throw Tracy and Owings their way.

It's hard to see how we'd match up with NY really. They don't see to have a lot of needs.
Dangerfield
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heck, most of them applauded Shawn Green as a great move. He's a power bat, right?

I always defended the Green move. First he hit great here. Second, it appeared the second half of 04 he was finally over the shoulder problem. Before steroids took over, and improvement in the different micro-surgerys, before the 90'sthe rule was it was 2-4 years before you could expect players to get back to a semblance of what they were, if they were going to get back at all. And they had to be young enough as well.

Another about Green, very highly unlikely he did any peds, so what you saw out of Green during his peak years, was natural. How many players can you say that about during the 92 period and on? Green was worth the risk, if Gonz was going to stop producing.
tmar
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one sobering fact about the A-Rod fantasy is that he's been stern about using his "complete no trade clause" anytime a rumor even smelled like it was going to pop up. I wouldn't see him waiving it to go to the desert.

Barring that <and our salary constraints and what we'd have to trade to get him>, I'd love to have him on 3B.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: